Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 08:32 PM

5,317 posts, read 3,226,802 times

Advertisements

1) is a trick question. They want to see if you're the rock the boat type. Find out if they are looking for that kind, because if they're not, this is to weed you out.

3) has no correct answer. This means every answer is wrong. Admit to a weakness, it is used as a reason to reject you. Don't admit to a weakness, and you are rejected for being arrogant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2018, 09:04 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,248,505 times
Serious question. Was this an interview for a job in the US? Somewhat sounds like it's not your first language? That could be an issue.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:15 AM

270 posts, read 210,791 times
They are looking for bilingual. I know my writing and the way I talk is different. Writing for me is a chore, talking I expresses more and direct.

I was competing against the old man and I'm glad he got the job because I heard it is hard to get job when you're older. It is a work from home job call center style. Maybe they have compassion for him? In all respect, he does have more experiences and he talk slower.

Friends told me the more I go to interviews the better I will become. So I take this as practice and learn regarding situational interview.

Old 05-21-2018, 12:30 PM

2,762 posts, read 3,185,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreysrey View Post
They are looking for bilingual. I know my writing and the way I talk is different. Writing for me is a chore, talking I expresses more and direct.

I was competing against the old man and I'm glad he got the job because I heard it is hard to get job when you're older. It is a work from home job call center style. Maybe they have compassion for him? In all respect, he does have more experiences and he talk slower.

Friends told me the more I go to interviews the better I will become. So I take this as practice and learn regarding situational interview.
You will get better and it will get easier and easier, just keep practicing.

Old 05-21-2018, 02:01 PM

1,063 posts, read 696,713 times
Decline to proceed further with interview processes that add these dumb questions. It is a waste of your time and 90% of the time you are not getting the job. It is subjective, arbitrary and you could be spending time on something more productive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search