Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 05:41 PM

2,283 posts, read 3,854,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmmmm View Post
I had 9 beers at 4.4 percent I weigh 147 and I had to take a drug test 14&a half hours later will I pass
More than likely, no, but it depends on your sex and metabolic rate. At 147, your metabolic rate is likely relatively high - so you'd likely have processed all of that alcohol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2014, 06:27 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I would think the savings would be huge if drug addicts and alcoholics would then be denied all government handouts.

As for the OP's question, I would hope that the tests for alcohol are to pick up only levels that indicate abuse of alcohol -- alcohol is still legal and for most people 3 beers in one evening doesn't mean anything at all. Some OTC medicines have far worse in them.
It probably wouldn't, the cost of putting in the infrastructure for the tests, the staff, doing all the actual tests... probably having to visit people that are shut ins / rural / don't have transportation to do the tests, then a instituting a system for challenging false positives and duplicate testings to confirm... and then of course you couldn't really prevent benefits intended for children... it would be a massive and super expensive undertaking. Massive.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:13 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,472,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dariusz View Post
No, they called me in the morning. I just interviewed for the job yesterday and they said the drug test would be Monday next week (yesterday).

But then they said to do it today (today).
An friend who has a Colorado MMJ card and his GF is HR, says HR does that to prevent people from beating the test, pretty lame.

Old 09-19-2014, 01:07 PM

1 posts, read 3,961 times
If I drank two beers on thurs afternoon an had a etg ua on fri at 1145 will it show up on the test

Old 09-19-2014, 02:07 PM

3,046 posts, read 4,122,758 times
If your job is working around heavy machinery or Truck Driver or a Hilo driver yes they have every right to test for alcohol. The company does not want anyone to get hurt or killed, it a liability issue. Would you want a driver of a semi drinking and driving. There could be a million reasons why a company wants an alcohol test done. With the job market the way it is today why would anyone risk getting fired because of a random drug or alcohol test, is it worth the risk.

Old 09-19-2014, 02:22 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
If your job is working around heavy machinery or Truck Driver or a Hilo driver yes they have every right to test for alcohol. The company does not want anyone to get hurt or killed, it a liability issue. Would you want a driver of a semi drinking and driving. There could be a million reasons why a company wants an alcohol test done. With the job market the way it is today why would anyone risk getting fired because of a random drug or alcohol test, is it worth the risk.
It does not matter what his job is, it matters what the laws are and what his company policy is. Having a few beers the night before and operating an excavator the next day is no big deal for many companies (and none I ever heard of, though things could have changed in the years since I have been in the field). In the military for example, you could come in after drinking as so long as you were not drunk, but there was a "zero alcohol" rule if you were doing something requiring a firearm.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:42 PM

1 posts, read 3,389 times
Why does Garcinia cambogia show up as alcohol in a drug test

Old 11-10-2015, 06:24 AM

1 posts, read 3,114 times
My buddy has a urine drug test he drank 10 beers an 3 shots he went to work the next day an got tested he weigh is about 150 pounds from when he stopped drinking to the test it was a 20 hour window
Do u think anything will come up for alcohol

Old 05-07-2016, 07:34 AM

4 posts, read 7,854 times
Default Did you pass Dariusz

Quote:
We'll I should have the results tomorrow, hopefully my employer doesn't mind if alcohol is found. It is somewhat of a worry to me only because it is law enforcement. I can see if I worked in a office it not mattering as much.

I do not drink that often, I just had a few friends over that night so we had a few beers after we ate.

Thanks for the replies.

Did you pass Dariusz

Old 05-08-2016, 12:38 PM

4 posts, read 7,854 times
Default Just curious if you passed and get the job? Dariusz

Quote:
We'll I should have the results tomorrow, hopefully my employer doesn't mind if alcohol is found. It is somewhat of a worry to me only because it is law enforcement. I can see if I worked in a office it not mattering as much.

I do not drink that often, I just had a few friends over that night so we had a few beers after we ate.

Thanks for the replies.
Just curious if you passed and get the job? Dariusz
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search