Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 11:02 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,728,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeWalton3 View Post
Thanks everyone. Still not sure what happened but the position is now back up on their website. I had applied to this position couple of months ago and just now getting the status. Then I looked this morning to see if they have other positions, and it was back up. So we will see what happens now.
looks like it may be a fake job opening
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2019, 12:32 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,728,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeWalton3 View Post
I have another question regarding another job status. I was just contacted yesterday about a position I had applied to last year. This one was in September. It's a Government job. I received an email in October that they will go with someone else. Yesterday, they called me and asked me if I was still interested in the position. Unfortunately, I didn't talk to them very long as I was about to be called in at the doctor's office. I told them I was still interested.

I didn't ask them, since I didn't have time, to ask them why the position was opening up again. What could be the reason's a job is opening up again? I didn't see the position on their website. So I'm assuming, they are keeping this position under wraps. Meaning, they will go with someone else that was well qualified and had already applied before. That's what it sounds to me.

I was just caught off guard when I answered the phone.

Try not to answer the phone if you notice its from a employer because its so easy to be caught off guard. Just let your voicemail intro make the first impression
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search