Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 01:51 AM

3,882 posts, read 2,335,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Their healthcare would be an additional $60 a month on top of what I am paying now. So that's why I put a higher range where they may offer the lower end which would balance things out and avoid me bringing home less money after taxes.
There is no guarantee that health care insurance premiums won't increase even higher if you stay where you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2019, 01:57 AM

8,275 posts, read 3,752,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae Maes Garden View Post
What a nice dilemma...ya take the State job of course!
That's not how it works. You can't just "take" a state job when you're offered an interview. You have to go through the interview process just like any other job.

Old 05-30-2019, 03:57 AM

33,747 posts, read 16,732,718 times
Quote:
Well I checked my email today and I got a little excited because I thought it was notification about a interview for one of the state jobs I applied to 2 weeks ago. I was told that when you are setup for a interview you will receive a email from a actual person and when I saw a lady's name I just knew it was about a job interview. Turns out it was an computer generated response saying the same thing for 3 different positions

" An overwhelming number of qualified candidates applied for this position, and it was not possible to interview all those who applied. I am sorry to inform you that you were not among those selected to interview.

The Department of Human Services is very appreciative of all the qualified individuals who submitted an application for consideration.

Again, thank you for your time and interest in our position"

The other two positions I applied for in April has not generated that response yet so I guess I still have a chance for a interview so nothing to do but stay positive

Sorry to hear that.

Old 05-30-2019, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Well I checked my email today and I got a little excited because I thought it was notification about a interview for one of the state jobs I applied to 2 weeks ago. I was told that when you are setup for a interview you will receive a email from a actual person and when I saw a lady's name I just knew it was about a job interview. Turns out it was an computer generated response saying the same thing for 3 different positions

" An overwhelming number of qualified candidates applied for this position, and it was not possible to interview all those who applied. I am sorry to inform you that you were not among those selected to interview.

The Department of Human Services is very appreciative of all the qualified individuals who submitted an application for consideration.

Again, thank you for your time and interest in our position"

The other two positions I applied for in April has not generated that response yet so I guess I still have a chance for a interview so nothing to do but stay positive
Sounds like they had very few openings to fill.

Old 05-30-2019, 11:25 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,703,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Sounds like they had very few openings to fill.
Or a fake opening?

Old 05-31-2019, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Or a fake opening?
I would ask if there is a severance package at work, and what is consists of.

That will let you plan, in the event nothing comes up over the next 4 weeks.

Old 05-31-2019, 11:54 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,703,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I would ask if there is a severance package at work, and what is consists of.

That will let you plan, in the event nothing comes up over the next 4 weeks.
it seems like they stopped talking about so im going to find out if anyone else asked. Of course im wouldnt be eligible for it if i get offered the job by the agency who interviewed me last week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search