Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2019, 08:02 PM

1,112 posts, read 871,392 times

Advertisements

Interviewed for the job in late July...got the auto-rejection email in early September. Received another auto-reject email yesterday. Gotta laugh!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2019, 09:54 PM

1,159 posts, read 609,672 times
Ha interesting. Well I once got a rejection letter from a job I never applied for!

Old 11-17-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilLisa83 View Post
Ha interesting. Well I once got a rejection letter from a job I never applied for!
Lol! Too funny.

Old 11-18-2019, 03:25 PM

87,957 posts, read 83,789,860 times
I once got a letter congratulating me for passing a facility supervisor exam at my company. I was now on the list for an FS promotion!

Problem was, I never took the exam. There was another woman with my same first and last name but different first-name spelling. I got a letter a few days later saying it was sent to me in error.

Old 11-18-2019, 05:04 PM

29,417 posts, read 22,301,920 times
Regardless, at least some notice was given.

It's a lose-lose situation for employers. Say or do nothing, and they are terrible beings. Yet send something to reject an applicant, and they are still terrible beings.

Old 11-18-2019, 06:34 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,569,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae Maes Garden View Post
Interviewed for the job in late July...got the auto-rejection email in early September. Received another auto-reject email yesterday. Gotta laugh!!
The best are the federal jobs I get rejections from like 2 or 3 years later. I mean, I am pretty sure at that point that a) I had figured out I had not gotten the job and b) had forgotten I had ever applied for the job in the first place. At first I get confused wondering if I recently applied to such a job, but then realize that someone must have done some sort of audit telling them they have to send out rejection letters for apparently the past 5 years of applications...

Old 11-18-2019, 10:19 PM

13,043 posts, read 20,703,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae Maes Garden View Post
Did the first rejection letter say "good bye & get lost" or was it a generic we'll keep your resume on file for future consideration? If the latter, maybe they did reconsider you for another position but again found you not the best candidate and rejected you for that position as well.

Old 11-19-2019, 02:01 PM

45 posts, read 41,873 times
Did a phone interview with the HM, at the end of the call I knew it didn't go well. The next day, HR rep who got me the phone interview sends me LinkedIn msg. I tell her I already interviewed for the role she's presenting. Following week I get same msg via LinkedIn from same HR rep lol

Old 11-21-2019, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
Did the first rejection letter say "good bye & get lost" or was it a generic we'll keep your resume on file for future consideration? If the latter, maybe they did reconsider you for another position but again found you not the best candidate and rejected you for that position as well.
Why send a rejection on a different position that I did NOT apply for but was “considered” for internally ? I just giggled at the double rejection....no worries....it was the same generic verbiage as the original one sent to me. I figured that it was a glitch .

My fav rejection was years ago when I interviewed for a job that I DID NOT WANT.....I accidentally stuck my foot into my mouth and the rejection letter was in my snail mail mailbox the very next day. Hey..save the postage...hit print and hand it to me as I exit the interview. I still crack up on that one!

Old 11-23-2019, 12:19 AM

5,317 posts, read 3,181,148 times
My personal record is 9 months from interview to rejection. By then I was six months in to another position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search