Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2024, 11:38 PM

754 posts, read 2,088,980 times

Advertisements

Long story short, those of you who are longtime members here, remember a contributor named parried who was a young man in his early 20s struggling to find work.

I sympathized with his situation, as I've been there before, I notice he last posted around 2015. This was when the labor market was unbelievably difficult to navigate - the 2008-2010s era.

I wanted to make a few points...Around the time of the pandemic, there was a labor shortage....And for the first time in 14 years, (yes, you heard that right) I got a real job

I thought maybe he finally managed to land something by then, if there was a good time to do it, it was that window between 2020-22. It didn't last...but nothing does, oh well.

Another thing I'd been doing was Door dashing. I remember parried talking about not having a car, if that situation got straightened out it would be ideal for him. You don't have to worry about "getting hired" like a traditional job, you just have to pass a background check. In a busy metro area you could get around on a moped. I saw a guy on YouTube who does this and makes good money

Well that's pretty much it, wherever this poster (parried)went, I hope he is in a much better place than he was employment -wise!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:15 PM

2,704 posts, read 2,770,847 times
Haven't heard much about them.

Old Today, 10:08 AM

754 posts, read 2,088,980 times
Yeah, I think he also said (on his blog) that his mother had cancer? Don't quote me for sure...but that's a lot to deal with....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search