Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 05:53 PM

355 posts, read 2,402,650 times

Advertisements

Hey, everyone! Got an interview tomorrow!

Let me start with a brief intro. Currently unemployed. I had another interview with a different company last Thursday & they offered me the job. I've done the drug test & went thru that whole process just in case I don't get the other job tomorrow. The job I did get is a very low salary---a big cut from what I was making prior. (Of course, just moved to Arizona & the pay scales are a lot different than in Colorado.)

The job offer I received is in customer service, which is something I've always done in the past & am quite sick of---I am definitely looking for a change. The job interview I have tomorrow is for a sales assistant job--more up my alley & something I've never done before & would be interested in. I know I would be given a better offer if I were to get the job tomorrow.

So here's the thing---the company's website states that they do behavior-based interview questions on top of your standard interview-type questions. I'm sure we've all been thru these kinds of interviews, but it's been awhile for me.

Is anyone here in sales or would know of what types of questions you think they would ask of an assistant job? I have some 'stories' in my head that I've used before that seem to go well, but I don't know if I have enough--and I just HATE how you don't know what they're gonna ask you or how many questions they're gonna ask!! Interviews are drama! LOL....I really want this job & want to make a good impression---anyone out there have any last-minute advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 01:31 AM

802 posts, read 2,264,785 times
We are interviewing a candidate tomorrow for a project management position and will also be using a behavioral interview. My entire team of twenty people went through behavioral interview training a couple of months ago and we are putting it into practice. If the interviewers are any good at doing this (believe me, it takes time and experience before you get good at interviewing people using this technique), you should not have to stress out at all about the questions in the interview. The questions should be straightforward, fact-based, and easy to answer. The questions will tease the story out of your head, so you don't have to overthink it. Just let the interviewer guide you along. HTH.

Old 07-02-2008, 04:41 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,731,518 times
They're probably going to ask questions based on real-life sales situations. Ask you about what you'll do when you get an angry client, ask you what to do when you have a boring, repetitive day and then suddenly a stream of business comes in---all demanding your business.

In this business of sales, aggressiveness and persistence is the name of the game. This is not customer care. You are not there to make people feel warm and fuzzy (though it doesn't hurt) but your ultimate GOAL and your ultimate JOB is to HELP CLOSE THE DEAL. Don't say you are not competitive. Be competitive, be assertive, be persuasive. This is definitely not a "take a call and let it be over with" sort of job with customer support. There's a lot of plotting, planning, thinking, and strategizing that goes into sales.

Its a float or sink business, good luck.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:43 AM

802 posts, read 2,264,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
They're probably going to ask questions based on real-life sales situations. Ask you about what you'll do when you get an angry client, ask you what to do when you have a boring, repetitive day and then suddenly a stream of business comes in---all demanding your business.
Using our behavioral interview methodology, we won't ask any hypothetical questions. All of our questions will be based on the interviewee's past experiences. It makes the interview process go a lot easier for the interviewee, as he or she will be drawing on his or her past experiences, as opposed to experiences that he or she may or may not (likely the latter) have had.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:34 AM

663 posts, read 2,263,021 times
I don't think I could ever be in sales!

But it is refreshing when the interviewers are actually TRAINED in interviewing. It makes for a nice experience. Otherwise, the interview is all over the place and/or the interviewer is not asking you the right questions to find out the "real" you.

Old 03-20-2011, 02:44 AM

4 posts, read 48,021 times
Hi

I read some opinions in this topic. I do not agree above ideal. We can find out some articles at about.com by using Google search.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:47 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,833,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanelmander457 View Post
Hi

I read some opinions in this topic. I do not agree above ideal. We can find out some articles at about.com by using Google search.
I'm really glad you revived this 3 year old thread to share that very very important information with us

Old 03-27-2011, 07:42 AM

4 posts, read 48,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
I'm really glad you revived this 3 year old thread to share that very very important information with us
Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. It help me to think about my ideals.

Tks again and pls keep posting.

If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit: behavioralinterviewquestions.biz/

Best regards.

Old 06-09-2011, 11:43 AM

38 posts, read 85,508 times
Yes,

Companies are using this kind of interview to make the candidate waste their time with stupid questions.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:03 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,682,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinmusic74 View Post
Yes,

Companies are using this kind of interview to make the candidate waste their time with stupid questions.
Yes, and here we have another informative contribution to the same 3 year old thread. Throw the confetti, hoist the flags and bring on the band!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search