Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 08:41 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
My interview was scheduled for today at 10am and it was 2 hours away from my home, so I woke up 6am to have a lot of time to get ready and around 7:45am, I was almost ready to leave and was in the bathroom and the phone rings. I wasn't going to answer it because I thought it was my mom but something told me to go look and I saw that it was the job calling. The lasy called and left a message and said that the lady I was supposed to interview with didn't make it in today and was wondering could I come in tomorrow at 10am or 2pm.

So that means if I never answered the phone I would have traveled 2 hours to find out the lady who I was interviewing with was not in today. Can you believe how unprofessional this is? And I thought I was doing the right thing by choosing monday to come in instead of tuesdat.

I'm not going to the interview and no longer have any interest in the position. So pissed off right now,
They did the best they could. They had no idea the person that would be interviewing you was going to be unexpectedly absent, and they called you immediately to let you know. I wouldn't say that was unprofessional at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 08:47 AM

1,786 posts, read 6,899,366 times
Default Wow, what a page-turner

Can't wait to read how this novel ends.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:42 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,715,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTGJR View Post
Can't wait to read how this novel ends.
Undoubtedly with a hiring manager saying to herself, "What the heck was I thinking?"

Old 02-03-2009, 10:32 AM

1,111 posts, read 4,638,701 times
Quote:
yeah don't have a choice right now
That's nonsense! We all have choices in life, just like you chose to start this thread, you can choose to cancel the interview and not go! Only choices we don't have are death and taxes!

Old 02-03-2009, 02:37 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,835,373 times
Lets just all hope that the company that was interviewing him is on this data forum. Happens to run across this thread, and OMG. says, what an A$$. Thank God we found out about him. What a bottle of Rose'.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:52 PM
emh

298 posts, read 851,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danameless View Post
That's nonsense! We all have choices in life, just like you chose to start this thread, you can choose to cancel the interview and not go! Only choices we don't have are death and taxes!
And if you're super rich, a politician, or a multi-national corporation, taxes are optional as well!!!

Old 02-03-2009, 02:53 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmancomics View Post
I get up at five every morning, shower, get dressed and have breakfast. We big boys start doing that right around age five when we go to school.

I didn't say I can't do it, i'm just not used to it so if I had a job that required me to wake up at 5am after a while it would be no problem.

Old 02-03-2009, 03:00 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Well I just got back and met the lady and another woman and things went well. I'm about to send my thank you letter now. But I had both ladies laughing during the interview and after the interview. The other woman said-"it ws nice meeting you" more than once. The lady who interviewed me was helping me put my coat on which was a little surprising. She told me to email me if I have any questions and when would I be able to start.

So I fought my way through aq frigid Snowy Day and glad that it's over and no I can continue the job Search which I haven't had a chance to do this week.

Old 02-03-2009, 03:02 PM

1,111 posts, read 4,638,701 times
Quote:
Well I just got back and met the lady and another woman and things went well. I'm about to send my thank you letter now. But I had both ladies laughing during the interview and after the interview. The other woman said-"it ws nice meeting you" more than once. The lady who interviewed me was helping me put my coat on which was a little surprising. She told me to email me if I have any questions and when would I be able to start.

So I fought my way through aq frigid Snowy Day and glad that it's over and no I can continue the job Search which I haven't had a chance to do this week.
I can't believe you went in the snow. I would've soooooooo cancelled it.

Old 02-03-2009, 03:05 PM

1,049 posts, read 3,790,860 times
Quote:
The lady who interviewed me was helping me put my coat on which was a little surprising.
Your..... top coat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search