Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 10:27 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,231,290 times

Advertisements

Seriously, turn your effing cell phone off! And, if by chance the darn thing rings, DO NOT ANSWER IT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 10:30 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,231,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
If i don't get another interview by the end of this month, I will have to go back and volunteer at the job where I was laid off from so I can keep myself busy and speed up the boss bringing me back once the other money comes in. He already told me privately he wil bring me back but it's only going to happen if I'm there a couple of times a week so he can see I;m dedicated to help the organization. That will be the only choice I have if the job I interviewed with this week doesn;'t call me back or I don't get another interview.
Dude, are you serious?

Oh yeah, hey Chuck, I know that I laid you off and all, but the only way that I will hire you back is if you come in a few days a week and work for free. I mean, that is the only way that you can prove to me that you are dedicated to the job. Sucker.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:35 PM

105 posts, read 253,079 times
Numero Uno: Be On Time.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:52 PM

8 posts, read 21,642 times
Quote:
My point is that it's wrong to not hire someone because they were nervous. That doesn't mean they can't do the job. My last job involved me speaking to a group of ex-offenders about job opportunities and I was very relaxed but not during the interview.
Maybe they wanted to see that you can work under pressure.

BTW, you have an unbelievable sense of entitlement. There are plenty of humble people who will work just as hard as you (probably even harder) without the attitude. You need a reality check.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:55 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
Dude, are you serious?

Oh yeah, hey Chuck, I know that I laid you off and all, but the only way that I will hire you back is if you come in a few days a week and work for free. I mean, that is the only way that you can prove to me that you are dedicated to the job. Sucker.

tue and thursday, 3pm to 4pm, have to keep my face in the place. he damm sure won't bring me back by me sitting here

Old 02-13-2009, 07:50 AM

1,111 posts, read 4,637,747 times
Quote:
tue and thursday, 3pm to 4pm, have to keep my face in the place. he damm sure won't bring me back by me sitting here
Why not just volunteer full time for him? It'll increase your chances of him hiring you back one day (...one day...) when he sees how dedicated you are.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:02 AM

2,982 posts, read 9,832,376 times
And I got some Ocean Front Property in Arizona I'll sell you real cheap too!!!

Old 02-13-2009, 01:50 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danameless View Post
Why not just volunteer full time for him? It'll increase your chances of him hiring you back one day (...one day...) when he sees how dedicated you are.

Maybe everyday but not Full time hours

Old 02-13-2009, 06:23 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,120,095 times
I remember interviewing for a Bank Teller job (internal promotion opportunity) I had to be at best 19 or 20 y/o at the time and before walking into the office to interview w/the Bank Manager I stopped by the candy machine and got some hard candy....During the interview I had the candy in my hand eating some at a time and the candy was rubbing off in my hand & my fingers were getting discolored and really sticky...After the interview I extended my hand to shake the guy's hand and he politely declined...Later that day my then current manager informed the hiring manager that my interviewing skills were fine but the candy incident killed my chances...Suffice it to say I do not eat candy or gum during an interview.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:32 AM

1,113 posts, read 2,519,536 times
Quote:
If i don't get another interview by the end of this month, I will have to go back and volunteer at the job where I was laid off from so I can keep myself busy and speed up the boss bringing me back once the other money comes in. He already told me privately he wil bring me back but it's only going to happen if I'm there a couple of times a week so he can see I;m dedicated to help the organization. That will be the only choice I have if the job I interviewed with this week doesn;'t call me back or I don't get another interview.
What?.....he wants you to work for free so you can prove your loyalty? Sounds like a con job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search