Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 05:35 PM

364 posts, read 1,568,334 times

Advertisements

It doesn't cost anything. Just go to search. It's pretty simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 05:42 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,643,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkkt6 View Post
It doesn't cost anything. Just go to search. It's pretty simple.
Ok here is what Im talking about. On Career Builder or Indeed in it's job postings you can click on a link that says: "connect with others at Linkedin who work at this business". When you click on it then it goes right to the page asking for payment for one of the 3 levels of Linkedin.

Other then this feature I cant see what other use it has? I think this is a great idea but I ain't paying for it.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:19 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,709,844 times
It doesn't cost anything on the LinkedIn site. Have you created a free profile on LinkedIn (not another site) and tried to search? Here's more info on setting one up.

I've never tried going through another site.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:49 PM

364 posts, read 1,568,334 times
I don't know what to tell you. I've been on the site for over a year, am connected to 300+ people, and have never paid a penny.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:21 PM

1,100 posts, read 3,011,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
No one mentioned the fact that to make Linkedin work you have to pay much more money every month then the average unemployed person has.

I got suckered into joining only to find out to use any of its features you have to pay $25/m for basic then $35 and then $45 to actually use Linkedin.

What a waste of money and a scam that is.......
I am sorry. But you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Yes, it costs money. No business networking site is for free. However, if you truly knew how to work it, you would never think it's a waste of money. It is most certainly NOT a scam. I have built my business up tremendously by networking through linkedin. It has been an incredible tool for me.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
It cost to look up employment connections. I tried and that is the msg that pops up. Do you have a secret way around it? If you do I am all ears.
Yes, as a matter of fact, there is a way around it. However, since your attitude is so negative (see below), I wouldn't dare give you any secret tips and tricks. But believe me, they are out there.

"That site is a massive rip off." "They are attempting to rape the people of money they dont have." "This site will crash too." "Give it time." REALLY?????

Old 06-19-2013, 07:37 PM

2,633 posts, read 6,397,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post
Yes, as a matter of fact, there is a way around it. However, since your attitude is so negative (see below), I wouldn't dare give you any secret tips and tricks. But believe me, they are out there.

"That site is a massive rip off." "They are attempting to rape the people of money they dont have." "This site will crash too." "Give it time." REALLY?????
Relax. In the nearly 4 years that have passed since the post you're responding to, things with LinkedIn have changed quite a bit.

Sheesh. Nothing like dragging up a zombie thread just to lash out at someone.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:52 PM

382 posts, read 664,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post

Let me guess, it takes somebody to know someone?

Old 06-19-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzPeterson View Post
Relax. In the nearly 4 years that have passed since the post you're responding to, things with LinkedIn have changed quite a bit.

Sheesh. Nothing like dragging up a zombie thread just to lash out at someone.
Oh, is that how old this thread is? LOL!!!!

Old 06-19-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merchant_ZZZ View Post
Let me guess, it takes somebody to know someone?
Noooooooo...It takes someone who has the desire to research all the tips and tricks to get the most out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search