Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 11:55 AM

1,111 posts, read 4,629,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Well I just got back from the interview and looks like I won't be interested because the guy told me what number they can't go past far as salary and that number is lower than my number. I still made it seemed like I was interested while I was there but I know that I won't accept the position if offered. So I will start preparing for my interview I have tomorrow at 2pm
How much lower was it compared to what you were expecting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 12:00 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,814,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danameless View Post
How much lower was it compared to what you were expecting?
$3000 lower

Old 03-18-2009, 12:40 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,804,368 times
Anybody want to guess who this is?

Quote:
ConfusedDater
Gold Member

Question for people who are very good during job interviews
I have tackled and cracked open the mystery of succeding at dating, now I need help in cracking open the mystery of being good enough to get a job when going on interviews. Now if you decide to respond, please don't mention the obvious tips like

dressing well
smelling good
Smiling
Good Speaking
Firm handshake
Asking questions

What I need is a TIP that you won't see printed a lot. I'm interested in knowing some SECERT TIPS that allow you to be good at impressing the interviewer. So remember, tell me something I don't know so I can respond like-"OH, I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT, I THINIK I WILL TRY THAT"

Old 03-18-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
Anybody want to guess who this is?

Damm, so you go around stalking people to see what other message boards they post on? I'm sure you are on other message boards right? You proved today you are a lonely retard

Old 03-18-2009, 01:14 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,804,368 times
No, I proved that you don't know what you are talking about anywhere, if you knew anything about dating, you would know about job interviewing. I proved that your acronym fits you to a tee. TVSG, The Very S????? Guy, the S stands for a word between Stun and Stur, you, I know will have to look it up in the dictionary, but, everybody else, already knows. (especially after your, "I never got this type of rejection before" thread) Say Goodnite Gracie.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
No, I proved that you don't know what you are talking about anywhere, if you knew anything about dating, you would know about job interviewing. I proved that your acronym fits you to a tee. TVSG, The Very S????? Guy, the S stands for a word between Stun and Stur, you, I know will have to look it up in the dictionary, but, everybody else, already knows. Say Goodnite Gracie.

I will have to agree and forgot that both are similar which is why I don't see anymore problems in the future on interviews. You have to have a personality and smile and both situations

Old 03-18-2009, 01:18 PM

1,049 posts, read 3,782,389 times
OMG.... that is the best post ever!! HAHAHA SUPER SECRET TACTICS!

How about just be qualified for what you're applying for, and have a decent personality?

Old 03-18-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbcat View Post
OMG.... that is the best post ever!! HAHAHA SUPER SECRET TACTICS!

How about just be qualified for what you're applying for, and have a decent personality?

Well yeah, proving why you are qualified and being likable at the same time.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:21 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,464,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Damm, so you go around stalking people to see what other message boards they post on? I'm sure you are on other message boards right? You proved today you are a lonely retard
Oooooh, temper temper! The trouble with telling fibs is that it becomes next to impossible to keep them all straight. Your writing style is a dead give-away too.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:22 PM

5,553 posts, read 6,721,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
You couldn't agree on a time that was good for both of you? You don't have a job, any time someone offers you an interview take it! Don't give another applicant an opportunity to get in the door ahead of you,
DITTO!!!

It's also good practice to do in this particular situation that which can be difficult. Do the two! Will make you better at whatever you do. Don't mean to insult, but your reasoning not to do the two in one day is wimpy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search