Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2017, 07:54 PM

1 posts, read 607 times

Advertisements

Received an email offer for project manager job for Wilkinson Transportation Network paying $90k per year and offer to join 4 week 1099, paid training program. I was all in until they asked me to use my credit card to purchase computers. After searching the internet and this site, I found the same emails that had been sent to me for companies with different names. I have reported Wilkson Transporation Network and it's representatives Alison Brie and Brian Wilkinson to the FBI Internet Complaint Center.

Please be cautious and vigilant as to not get involved with potential smuggling rings or jeopardize your identify. The company website they provide is a fake and is not searchable, nor is the company listed on LinkedIn.

On Mar 17, 2017, at 12:43 PM, Alison Brie, Wilkinson Transportation Network Co., New York <brie@wilkinsontn.com> wrote:

Dear xx,

I am writing to thank you for your interest in the position of Project Manager with Wilkinson Transportation Network.
First of all, I’ll tell you something about the company and what we do, and then I’ll give you further details about the position on offer.
We also encourage you to visit our website to learn more about who we are and what we do: wilkinsontn.com

Wilkinson TN is a fast growing, privately run European (London-based) logistics company.
Our comprehensive range of logistics services includes transportation via air, sea and land; warehousing and supply chain management.
We currently have a total of more than 1000 employees distributed between our offices in Europe, China and the U.S.A.
We hope to increase our presence in SC with your help.

INDUSTRY: Logistics & Transportation.
LOCATION: Headquartered in London, expanding within the United States and Canada.
FOUNDED: 2008.
VISION STATEMENT: To provide the best possible logistics services at reasonable prices by focusing on our customers’ needs.
MISSION STATEMENT: To increase the efficiency of freight management by introducing innovative, cost-effective logistics solutions.

POSITION: Project Manager (ref. num: 53121).

JOB DESCRIPTION:
• DEVELOPING GOALS: the project manager must ensure that realistic goals are set for all departments involved in a project;
• PLANNING: the project manager is responsible for drafting plans detailing how the work will be carried out;
• MONITORING: the project manager is responsible for monitoring and reporting on progress made throughout the project;
• CLOSING: on completion of the project, the project manager should request feedback on the work carried out.

SALARY (FIXED): $90,000.00 annually
POSITION: full-time, permanent
BENEFITS: medical insurance, 401k, 15 days paid vacation, sick leave, federal holidays, and bonuses
TRAVEL: local trips, 2-3 days/month (in-state only)
WORKING HOURS: 9am-5pm, local time
TRAINING PROGRAM: paid, $2,000.00-4,000.00
TRAINING PROGRAM DETAILS: a 4-week online training course based on the reading of 4 study packs (one per day, Monday through Thursday)
followed, every Friday, by a short test to assess understanding of the study materials.

The training takes less than 30 minutes a day, so it shouldn’t interfere with any of your other activities.
At the end of the 4th week, you’ll receive a paycheck for $2,000 or $4,000, depending on the results of your final test.
If you pass, you’ll be invited to the second stage of the training. The second stage, which is one week in length, is held in our offices.
The second stage includes a brief introductory course, a final interview and negotiation of your contract.
The company will cover all your expenses for the duration of the course.

Please let me know if you’re interested in the process, and I’ll forward you the full details with instructions on how to apply.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to hearing from you soon,

--
Alison Brie, Human Resources - (855) 326 8299
250 Greenwich Street, New York, NY 10007, U.S.A
Wilkinson Transportation Network (USA) Co., LTD.

Special Project Position EmailOn Apr 18, 2017, at 12:12 PM, Brian A. Hettinger, Wilkinson TN, U.S.A. <hettinger@wilkinsontn.com> wrote:

Please, note that your CREDIT LIMIT = AVAILABLE CREDIT + CURRENT (OUTSTANDING) BALANCE
So the maximum you can apply for is your Current balance. They also call it Outstanding Balance in some banks.

Also, the easiest way to apply for the transfer is by phone.
You can call to your bank credit card customer service and say:
"I want to transfer $7,967.00 to my credit card account via Pay-by-Phone service
with the account info below:
Routing number: 061113415
Account type: Business Checking
Account number: 5243953431"

IMPORTANT: If they ask you if you are a holder of the account, YES YOU ARE.
You are on the list of authorized user of this account and you are allowed
to use it as if it was yours. You're only limited to the amount you can request,
the authorized amount.

Please update me as soon as you call them.

Best regards,

--
Brian A. Hettinger, Human Resources - (855) 326 8299
250 Greenwich Street, New York, NY 10007, U.S.A
Wilkinson Transportation Network (USA) Co., LTD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017, 12:16 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
So glad you didn't give them your credit card number. I don't think it's a smuggling ring at all, but just an attempt to get credit care numbers from from vulnerable people.

Also, look at this: //www.city-data.com/forum/job-s...s-manager.html

Old 04-22-2017, 07:32 AM

12,104 posts, read 23,262,756 times
It is simply one of countless email scams. Did you actually apply for a project manager's job with this company?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search