Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 02:56 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
No I don't want a interview on a Monday or Friday, I was just saying I noticed that when I received calls to set up a interview, it was always on a Mon, tue, wed, or Thurs, never on Friday. So it seems like the weekend really starts on Thursday Night instead of Friday Night.
What significance does a Monday or Friday have for the person that doesn't have a job?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 03:07 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
What significance does a Monday or Friday have for the person that doesn't have a job?

I guess I should just say Monday, Friday would be fine. I wouldn't want a interview on a Monday but of course I would still go if I had to. Just don't like interviewing on Mondays.

Old 04-04-2009, 06:19 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,072,850 times
The last job I got--I interviewed on a Friday and got the job later that day.
It was through an agency but anyhow...

You have to be open to any day and time. My husband got his job when the manager called him on a Sunday afternoon and he went in that day (no notice) and got the job despite the many, many who had applied before.

I was called Wednesday for a job interview the next morning. The previous interview before that, I went in on a Saturday! So, yes, when you are unemployed, there are no 'picky days of the week.'

Old 04-04-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
The last job I got--I interviewed on a Friday and got the job later that day.
It was through an agency but anyhow...

You have to be open to any day and time. My husband got his job when the manager called him on a Sunday afternoon and he went in that day (no notice) and got the job despite the many, many who had applied before.

I was called Wednesday for a job interview the next morning. The previous interview before that, I went in on a Saturday! So, yes, when you are unemployed, there are no 'picky days of the week.'

I never said anything about not going, I just said if I had a preference I would not interview on a monday. If it was no way out of it of course I would still go to the interview.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:42 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
I never said anything about not going, I just said if I had a preference I would not interview on a monday. If it was no way out of it of course I would still go to the interview.
It's really difficult to understand how you can be so particular in your wants when you're in the situation you are. There shouldn't be anything you're not willing to consider--and no source for potential leads ignored. But you give the definite impression that you're trying to get away with the bare minimum. Oh, well, unemployment insurance doesn't last forever. You may have to reconsider your tactics sooner rather than later.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:04 PM

1,111 posts, read 4,638,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
It's really difficult to understand how you can be so particular in your wants when you're in the situation you are. There shouldn't be anything you're not willing to consider--and no source for potential leads ignored. But you give the definite impression that you're trying to get away with the bare minimum. Oh, well, unemployment insurance doesn't last forever. You may have to reconsider your tactics sooner rather than later.
Y'kno, I was thinking the same thing. The more he posts, the more "preferences" he has where he thinks employers should be more understanding about him. I serious don't understand it.

I was unemployed before, and I went to every interview I was called for, regardless of what day of the week it was, and what time of the day it was.

Why does it matter if it's on a Monday? It's not like your going out on the weekends where you need Monday to rest? As far as I'm concerned, you have a 7-day weekend until you find a job - so what difference is it if it's on Monday or Tuesday or even Saturday for that matter?

The job I'm at now, my last interview with a senior manager was on a Friday (2hr interview), and I got a call back from the HR recruiter around 9:30pm while I was at dinner with friends. He told me they liked me and planned on making a offer to me (just had to run the numbers and get sign off). Believe me, I was more than happy to take that call at 9:30pm on a Friday night.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danameless View Post
Y'kno, I was thinking the same thing. The more he posts, the more "preferences" he has where he thinks employers should be more understanding about him. I serious don't understand it.

I was unemployed before, and I went to every interview I was called for, regardless of what day of the week it was, and what time of the day it was.

Why does it matter if it's on a Monday? It's not like your going out on the weekends where you need Monday to rest? As far as I'm concerned, you have a 7-day weekend until you find a job - so what difference is it if it's on Monday or Tuesday or even Saturday for that matter?

The job I'm at now, my last interview with a senior manager was on a Friday (2hr interview), and I got a call back from the HR recruiter around 9:30pm while I was at dinner with friends. He told me they liked me and planned on making a offer to me (just had to run the numbers and get sign off). Believe me, I was more than happy to take that call at 9:30pm on a Friday night.

Why wouldn't you be happy to get a call on a friday night at 9:30pm after a interview on that day unless you are on medication?

Old 04-04-2009, 10:21 PM

1,786 posts, read 6,899,782 times
If you need to find employment, you do whatever needs to be done to get the offer. Once the offer is proffered, you're in charge. Until then, you're the one in need.

I'm amazed at the number of folks who post their criteria for how/when they expect a prospective employer to contact them. And it's not just during today's times, it's a general attitude that I see from a lot of folks on the forum who whine, complain, commiserate and pout about how prospective employers dare to infringe on their precious time. You know who you are and an attitude adjustment just might be in order.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:24 PM

1,111 posts, read 4,638,942 times
Quote:
Why wouldn't you be happy to get a call on a friday night at 9:30pm after a interview on that day unless you are on medication?
My point, if you actually understand the point I was making, is that there is no significance in when you have a interview to go to or when you get a call from a employer, when you are unemployed. As I've said, I have taken calls at any time of the day, any day of the week, and went to every interview I was able to get, without whining and complaining about what time they called me or what day of the week it was.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:25 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,836,085 times
Just got an email scheduling one for Monday, got one last week on Sunday night for one on Monday. Dont know too much bout TVSG, cept, once again, he's talking out the wrong end of his anatomy bout things that he don't like and he wants everyone else to agree with him. If you don't agree with him he will ignore you until he gets someone that does. This is his praise forum, if you don't praise him, he ignores you, ain't ya'll learned that yet. buncha "potted plant mozarrella sticks"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search