Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 11:33 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,042,276 times

Advertisements

I applied to a job yesterday and I get a reply back a day later saying

"Thank you for your interest in the Employment Coach Position. We are currently reviewing all resumes. Should we feel your background and skills are a close match for this position, you will be cntacted for further information.

Again we appreciate your interest in emloyment opportunities at NSC."

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't need to know they got my resume, all I need to know is do they have interest in interviewing me after getting the resume. And if this was a smooth rejection why did it have to be so fast and why did I even need response?-lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 11:37 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,072,805 times
The same response is being sent to everyone who applies. It's a form letter. Not sure why you are so up in arms over it. Funny thing is there's another thread on here about someone complaioning because they DIDN'T get a form letter acknoledging the receipt of the resume. Companies just can't win with job hunters these days!

For someone who is allegedly an experienced employment coach, you don't seem to be all that experienced...

Old 04-09-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
The same response is being sent to everyone who applies. It's a form letter. Not sure why you are so up in arms over it. Funny thing is there's another thread on here about someone complaioning because they DIDN'T get a form letter acknoledging the receipt of the resume. Companies just can't win with job hunters these days!

For someone who is allegedly an experienced employment coach, you don't seem to be all that experienced...
I guess when I saw her name before I opened up the email, I thought she was scheduling a interview through email like what happened with the other job. So it threw me off a little because I wasn't expecting a automated response but I think it maybe because tomorrow is a holiday and today is like a friday.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:54 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,721,841 times
It might mean you are a 2nd tier candidate - not someone they want to bring in to interview in the first wave, but somebody they might contact should their first pass come up empty. Don't hold your breath, but maybe in a few weeks you'll hear from them again. It's not necessarily a rejection, because they can't be sure in advance how the interviewing process will go.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
It might mean you are a 2nd tier candidate - not someone they want to bring in to interview in the first wave, but somebody they might contact should their first pass come up empty. Don't hold your breath, but maybe in a few weeks you'll hear from them again. It's not necessarily a rejection, because they can't be sure in advance how the interviewing process will go.

I'm about to just email her back and say-

"my resume doesn't have to be reviewed i just realized i'm no longer interested"

lol

Old 04-09-2009, 12:03 PM

1,049 posts, read 3,791,948 times
I'd be more worried about the spelling errors in their email!

But seriously, this is just an automated response. I've gotten these and then gotten calls for an interview. Don't reply and be stupid about it, you're obviously interested because you applied. You want them to review your resume so I don't know why you don't want them to review it.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:21 PM

1,111 posts, read 4,639,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
That's not correct. As others have mentioned, it's just a system that sends out a automatic response everytime a resume is received. It doesn't mean anything in terms of your qualifications or candidacy. If I'm not mistaken, even job sites like Careerbuilder sends you a automatic response email to let you know you have applied for xyz position. It's just a waiting game right now.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:57 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,721,841 times
Hence the word 'might'. If it's a small organization they might not have the automatic response software.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:03 PM

1,786 posts, read 6,901,617 times
Also note, "Should we feel your background and skills are a close match for this position, you will be c(o)ntacted for further information" means that they will only contact you again IF they want more information or want to interview you. So don't have an expectation that they will send you a rejection letter.

Just trying to nip your next new thread in the bud.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:10 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,072,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTGJR View Post
Also note, "Should we feel your background and skills are a close match for this position, you will be c(o)ntacted for further information" means that they will only contact you again IF they want more information or want to interview you. So don't have an expectation that they will send you a rejection letter.

Just trying to nip your next new thread in the bud.
Exactly. I have an e-mail file full of responses that were similar if not identical. I'd say about half the resumes I sent were responded to this way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search