Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 06:24 PM

1,141 posts, read 3,532,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I applied to a job yesterday and I get a reply back a day later saying

"Thank you for your interest in the Employment Coach Position. We are currently reviewing all resumes. Should we feel your background and skills are a close match for this position, you will be cntacted for further information.

Again we appreciate your interest in emloyment opportunities at NSC."

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't need to know they got my resume, all I need to know is do they have interest in interviewing me after getting the resume. And if this was a smooth rejection why did it have to be so fast and why did I even need response?-lol

I got the same letter when I applied to my last job. I got the job. Their letter was actually serious when they said they were looking at all applicants.

On the other hand, HR depts (usually bigger companies) have a software program that they use when applications are received. The program actually scans certain words etc on a resume. The program then can tell the user what resumes should be looked at and ones that they can skip. That is and has been a bane in my side since that program was introduced. How can a program discern someone's true ability?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 06:25 PM

5,978 posts, read 19,831,917 times
Bwahahahahaha! You guys are all brilliant!!!! Will try to make the rounds of reps. anne, can't rep you yet. Lemme see who I can...

Old 04-09-2009, 06:26 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,786,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
I got the same letter when I applied to my last job. I got the job. Their letter was actually serious when they said they were looking at all applicants.

On the other hand, HR depts (usually bigger companies) have a software program that they use when applications are received. The program actually scans certain words etc on a resume. The program then can tell the user what resumes should be looked at and ones that they can skip. That is and has been a bane in my side since that program was introduced. How can a program discern someone's true ability?

I just wish all this software sh*T can be eliminated and you only receive a response if a employer is interersted.

Old 04-09-2009, 06:42 PM

1,141 posts, read 3,532,473 times
Quote:
I just wish all this software sh*T can be eliminated and you only receive a response if a employer is interersted.
I concur. I'm not sure what your sports background is, but make sure you check out the Charlotte area (unless you are totally adverse to moving)
The Nascar Hall of Fame will be hiring, Charlotte is still negotiating taking the Chicago White Sox farm team (Charlotte Knights) which currently play and reside in Fort Mill SC, to move to Charlotte and have a new stadium.

Speed Channel's headquarters are in Charlotte, Nascar's 2nd headquarters is in Concord NC (20 miles North of Charlotte). Brand new drag race track is also located in Concord across the street from Charlotte Motor Speedway...it's called Lowes Motor speedway now, and it is not in Charlotte but rather in Concord.

They have pro basketball, hockey, and of course a decent pro football team.

I feel it's a mecca of sports hands down.

Old 04-09-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
I concur. I'm not sure what your sports background is, but make sure you check out the Charlotte area (unless you are totally adverse to moving)
The Nascar Hall of Fame will be hiring, Charlotte is still negotiating taking the Chicago White Sox farm team (Charlotte Knights) which currently play and reside in Fort Mill SC, to move to Charlotte and have a new stadium.

Speed Channel's headquarters are in Charlotte, Nascar's 2nd headquarters is in Concord NC (20 miles North of Charlotte). Brand new drag race track is also located in Concord across the street from Charlotte Motor Speedway...it's called Lowes Motor speedway now, and it is not in Charlotte but rather in Concord.

They have pro basketball, hockey, and of course a decent pro football team.

I feel it's a mecca of sports hands down.

One of my relatives moved to Charlotte last year after hearing how great of a city it is to live in. Maybe I shpuld follow

Old 04-09-2009, 07:57 PM

Quote:
One of my relatives moved to Charlotte last year after hearing how great of a city it is to live in. Maybe I shpuld follow
Nope. No jobs here either. Check the Charlotte forum.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Nope. No jobs here either. Check the Charlotte forum.

Well what is all this-"CHARLOTTE IS A GREAT CITY TO LVE IN? It was ranked #2 as one of the best cities to live in.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:17 PM

862 posts, read 1,636,939 times
Quote:
Well what is all this-"CHARLOTTE IS A GREAT CITY TO LVE IN? It was ranked #2 as one of the best cities to live in.

Um, it means that Charlotte is a great city to LIVE in. Reside in. Put down roots in. Cop a squat.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serate View Post
Um, it means that Charlotte is a great city to LIVE in. Reside in. Put down roots in. Cop a squat.

I swear it was because of jobs, and low crime

Old 04-09-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
I swear it was because of jobs, and low crime
Three years ago there were jobs. With BofA and Wachovia and everybody else laying off in Charlotte, people with MBAs have been without jobs since August. It's a great place to live in, in a house, not in your car, and not on the streets either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search