Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 10:13 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,702,100 times

Advertisements

Ashville - predictor of my future behavior after my felony - absolutely 100% crime free, unless people don't give me a chance at working a good job at good pay. I will do a Nationwide Contract jobhunt soon after I get a new Visa and my felony pardon letter done...

annerk - yeah, the guy I punched at McDonalds was innocent, and so was I because I was paranoid and severely harassed and I was being followed around so I got confused.

You keep talking YOUR **** about not accepting responsibility for punching that guy when I did suffer 30 months probation and NO ONE hires a felon on probation so I SUFFERED 4.5 YEARS OF UNEMPLOYMENT. AND GOD WENT ON MY SIDE AS I ASKED HIM TO RESURRECT MY ENGINEERING CAREER OR ELSE I'D CONSIDER MYSELF A WORTHLESS MAN TO WOMEN AND I MIGHT AS WELL BECOME GAY... GOD didn't want me to be GAY!

annerk - YOU'RE the one with NO REMORSE! You'd rather have someone who suffered an entire academic career to be somebody with a top notch Eng degree - you'd rather have him be NOT employed at any good company simply because of your "fear."

My felony is now 7 years old so sometimes I don't have to mention it. But I can't rent a good Apt in some cities like Houston.

I don't wear womens clothes or underwear to work. Never mentioned my habit either but they always seem to find out.

I only punched the guy once; and I'm, not a violent hazard to people. It's idiotic evil or lying people that spread lies and gossip about me that are the problem; then I can't get a job or social life - AND I NEVER DENY THIS TO OTHER PEOPLE BECAUSE I NEVER SAY OR SPREAD LIES, GOSSIP, OR SLANDER AGAINST SOMEONE. So Yeah, sometime a low class ******* should be punched out for calling you a hooker and having fun at it while telling everyone at a college computer lab; I did punch a guy who did this and he never showed up in court to admit why he got punched [for spreading lies].
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 10:43 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,426,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
Ashville - predictor of my future behavior after my felony - absolutely 100% crime free, unless people don't give me a chance at working a good job at good pay.
My concern with hiring you, or having you as a co-worker is not so much the felony, but the mental instability that appears to have caused you to punch out an innocent person.

You were charged and convicted of felony assault, not as a misdemeanor, so I suspect is a bit more to this than you have shared.

Several of your posts here you really come across as being in total denial that you have any responsibility in this at all. Hope you can get your life straightened out, but I'm not sure you can do it without help.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:08 AM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,750,363 times
I have always felt that people with a felony or bankruptcy on their record don't get a fair chance at a job or apartment. People tend to say "no way, forget you" and take someone else who ends up being less stable because it's easier to let the record make a decision rather than a manager.

That being said, I would never even consider hiring Jesse, not because of a felony conviction (if Jesse could convince me that it's in the past and won't happen again), but because Jesse has a terrible attitude that virtually guarantees that I would have a trouble-maker at work.

I would really like for Jesse to see the parts of his own post that I've bolded to see why no one will hire him:

Quote:
Ashville - predictor of my future behavior after my felony - absolutely 100% crime free, unless people don't give me a chance at working a good job at good pay. I will do a Nationwide Contract jobhunt soon after I get a new Visa and my felony pardon letter done...

annerk - yeah, the guy I punched at McDonalds was innocent, and so was I because I was paranoid and severely harassed and I was being followed around so I got confused.

You keep talking YOUR **** about not accepting responsibility for punching that guy when I did suffer 30 months probation and NO ONE hires a felon on probation so I SUFFERED 4.5 YEARS OF UNEMPLOYMENT. AND GOD WENT ON MY SIDE AS I ASKED HIM TO RESURRECT MY ENGINEERING CAREER OR ELSE I'D CONSIDER MYSELF A WORTHLESS MAN TO WOMEN AND I MIGHT AS WELL BECOME GAY... GOD didn't want me to be GAY!

annerk - YOU'RE the one with NO REMORSE! You'd rather have someone who suffered an entire academic career to be somebody with a top notch Eng degree - you'd rather have him be NOT employed at any good company simply because of your "fear."

My felony is now 7 years old so sometimes I don't have to mention it. But I can't rent a good Apt in some cities like Houston.

I don't wear womens clothes or underwear to work. Never mentioned my habit either but they always seem to find out.

I only punched the guy once; and I'm, not a violent hazard to people. It's idiotic evil or lying people that spread lies and gossip about me that are the problem; then I can't get a job or social life - AND I NEVER DENY THIS TO OTHER PEOPLE BECAUSE I NEVER SAY OR SPREAD LIES, GOSSIP, OR SLANDER AGAINST SOMEONE. So Yeah, sometime a low class ******* should be punched out for calling you a hooker and having fun at it while telling everyone at a college computer lab; I did punch a guy who did this and he never showed up in court to admit why he got punched [for spreading lies].
So this isn't the first time it's happened. This thread just keeps getting more and more interesting!

Old 07-12-2009, 02:04 AM

26,585 posts, read 61,832,528 times
Quote:

Blah, Blah, Blah

Old 07-12-2009, 08:49 AM

10,804 posts, read 14,866,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1 View Post
So this isn't the first time it's happened. This thread just keeps getting more and more interesting!
Doesn't it though?

Would "bizarre" be a better word? As I continued reading maybe "painful" would be an even better word.

I'm all for giving felons a second chance as long as they were young and the crime wasn't violent or involve weapons.

I was 22, grew up just south of Berkeley, CA in the late 1960's and early 70's. Got a job offer back east so I did what any resident of Berkeley would do at the time; I packed all by belongings, including tie died t-****s and beads, in my 1966 Volkswagen Beetle with the peace signs on the bumper. Next thing I did was harvest the two pounds of marijuana I had growing in my backyard garden just like all my neighbors did. The penalty for marijuana possession at the time was a $5 fine and everyone had it growing and it was all very visible.

So I took my stash, hid it under my back seat (as if cops wouldn't look there) and took off on my journey that would take me across the hippie loving states of New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Missouri.

Tie dye shirts, pony tail, Volkswagen beetle with California plates, peace signs and two pounds of marijuana.

Yeah, I was one stupid 22 year old kid. If I had been stopped I'd probably still be in prison.

Got to where I was going and a couple weeks later read a local newspaper article where a guy got 6 years for possessing 8 ounces. After reading this the kid wised up, went to the bathroom and flushed the entire two pounds down the toilet. It's been 40 years and I've never had anything to do with illegal drugs since.

Point I am making is many of us have done stupid stuff between the age of say 18 and 25 and there needs to be a place between juvenile court and the big house for "kids" between 18 and 25. I just don't like the thought of a 19 year old kid getting his entire life trashed because he stole a bottle of liquor for a liquor store. Crimes involving sex, weapons or violence wouldn't be included.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:05 AM

26,585 posts, read 61,832,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Point I am making is many of us have done stupid stuff between the age of say 18 and 25 and there needs to be a place between juvenile court and the big house for "kids" between 18 and 25. I just don't like the thought of a 19 year old kid getting his entire life trashed because he stole a bottle of liquor for a liquor store. Crimes involving sex, weapons or violence wouldn't be included.
I agree with you, stupid kid stuff needs to be punished but not held against someone forever, especially if they've made amends and taken responsibility for their actions and the fact they were wrong. (And thank God most states have gotten some common sense and enacted Romeo and Juliet laws!)

Jesse committed a violent act and refuses to accept responsibility, he's shifting the blame to his employer, his coworkers, and probably the old guy himself because he was stupid to be there when Jesse was having a schizophrenic episode.

The best part is that it's going to be pretty darn easy for any persective employer to find his rantings on the Internet. We know his name, where he went to college, his age, his ethnic origin, he's even posted his photo. He's made ongoing racist statements against previous employers and coworkers, admitted to a violent criminal act and not taken responsibility for his actions, and continues to make threats of violence.

Nobody in their right mind is going to hire the guy, end of story. He should probably use the sheepskin as TP.

I'm all for people getting second chances when they have rehabilitated themselves. Bit part of that process is accepting responsibility for ones actions, which is something Jesse hasn't done. Punishment and rehabilitation are two very different things. It's unfortunate that he can't understand that.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:47 PM

983 posts, read 4,431,092 times
I've been away too long from CD. This thread is entertaining to say the least! lol

Old 07-12-2009, 01:05 PM

10,804 posts, read 14,866,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurltotx View Post
I've been away too long from CD. This thread is entertaining to say the least! lol
It developed like something out of The Twilight Zone. The longer you stay with it the worse it gets.

Jesse would be the last person I would ever hire.

Old 07-13-2009, 06:59 AM

13,011 posts, read 12,963,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
It developed like something out of The Twilight Zone. The longer you stay with it the worse it gets.
And yet I am fascinated.

If Jesse could be truly diagnosed as a paranoid, this is an interesting view into how his mind works. None of this stuff is his fault. His employers all spy on him. He is the focus of christmas party jokes. He is not at fault for punching people, even if they deserve it, because he think that somebody else is out to get him. He never tells anybody about his crossdressing, and keeps it completely private at home, but everybody knows about it.

I am sure that he will be shocked when his request for a felony pardon is denied as well, and come to the conclusion that it is a plot, rather than the much simpler explanation that there is no compelling reason to pardon him.

Interestingly, somewhere upthread he also threatened to tell the IL governor about some of the comments made by a poster (Annerk maybe?). As if anything said on an anonymous forum makes any actionable difference. I wonder if paranoids in general see plots everywhere, but simply pay most attention to those plotting against them personally.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:41 PM

769 posts, read 2,225,218 times
LOL. This thread is hilarious! It got me out of my bitter mood. There's nothing like reading about a schizophrenic crossdresser who punches old guys at McDonald's to give you one helluva laugh!

Jesse69, despite all your problems you deserve some work. I know a guy who has been busted for DUI, drugs (cocaine), and stealing at work but he still has his job and makes $15.00 an hour, is raising kids in a respectable suburb, and has a girlfriend who is cheating on despite the fact that his front teeth are either crooked and brownish-yellow, or missing altogether. So yeah, there are bigger weirdos out there who are doing better than you.

Anyway, I wholeheartedly think it is ridiculous to walk a guy out because he's stating a factual opinion about American cars. The problem with interviews is that the interviewers themselves are often even more petty than the people the interview. Why nitpick every last little opinion when the performance of the worker counts, am I right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search