Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 09:46 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,267,652 times

Advertisements

No, they should not. For one thing, the world is full of people out there who "can't handle the truth"; thus, opening up a Pandora's Box o' trouble.

Besides, HR shouldn't be expected to "train" unchosen applicants on how to interview.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 05:33 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,239,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
If the recruiter was WT, no, because they don't have a clue what they are talking about and work for an out of touch with reality comany.
Are you employed?

Old 07-23-2009, 05:34 AM

26,585 posts, read 61,935,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Are you employed?
Yes.

Old 07-23-2009, 05:37 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,239,057 times
Sorry, annerk, your contempt made me question it.

I think WT hit the nail on the head.
I hire people, as well.

Old 07-23-2009, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Sorry, annerk, your contempt made me question it.

I think WT hit the nail on the head.
I hire people, as well.
If you'd read all of WT's posts you'll understand the contempt. They are in all likelihood not employed and sit at home trying to come up with the most ridiculous scenarios.

I am part of a hiring team at my job as well.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:36 AM

2,539 posts, read 3,723,404 times
To the OP: It really depends on the candidate's state of mind.

I once had this candidate, a former employee who worked well and got along famously with his boss. Then the boss moved to another company and boss no. 2 just never hit it off with him. This guy was fired and every attempt by this guy to re-enter the company was blocked by boss no. 2. After seeing how hard this guy tried, I told him the truth. A few days later, boss no. 2 called frantically & told me to watch the local afternoon news via the internet from my desk. I did as he asked and the news was about a house surrounded by cops in a stand off. Inside the house was our guy holding his wife at gunpoint and threatening to shoot her and himself. I was shocked speechless!! This guy has always been very soft spoken, mild mannered, and has always gone out of his way to help out. Some background info by the reporter later revealed that the guy has been fighting with his wife over money and the neighbor heard the commotion and called the cops. Luckily he later surrendered so no lives were taken, and he was immediately taken into custody. I don't know what happened to him after that. To this day I still don't know if what I told him triggered his desperate act. Boss no. 2 (a real a$$hole if I ever saw one) was busy congratulating himself for not letting such a violent guy to work for the company.

I've also had a candidate who burst out crying when I told him what he did wrong in his interview. As much as I feel compassion to my candidates, there's nothing more uncomfortable than listening to a middle aged guy bawling like a baby on the phone with you.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:27 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,041,885 times
Quote:
If you'd read all of WT's posts you'll understand the contempt. They are in all likelihood not employed and sit at home trying to come up with the most ridiculous scenarios.

I am part of a hiring team at my job as well.
Still, I like to get this HR perspective even if most of them are full of **** themselves.

Found out very recently one of my ex-best friends from college (a real bright guy) has been an HR manager for years...what a waste...he was a damn talented writer (both of us were in the journalism/writing track at college). What a come down.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:36 AM

2,046 posts, read 5,577,418 times
I do not think they should however I would love to know. How can I improve if I do not know where I did wrong.

Also, there are many candidates out there so I bet there is a lot of competition.

Old 07-23-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
Still, I like to get this HR perspective even if most of them are full of **** themselves.

Found out very recently one of my ex-best friends from college (a real bright guy) has been an HR manager for years...what a waste...he was a damn talented writer (both of us were in the journalism/writing track at college). What a come down.
Why would you call it a waste. As long as he likes what he's doing...

Old 07-23-2009, 12:58 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,041,885 times
Quote:
Why would you call it a waste. As long as he likes what he's doing...
Yes, that is true. But he was a talented writer, just fell into the corporate trap like the rest of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search