Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2009, 07:55 PM

14 posts, read 44,707 times

Advertisements

Which companies are hiring for these so called "green jobs (green sector)?"

Today Obama said "With additional resources, in areas like advanced manufacturing of wind turbines and solar panels, for instance, we can help turn good ideas into good private-sector jobs."

I thought the stimulus was suppose to create green jobs already? It's sad when hard working, educated with experience ppl can't find a job. oh.. except for a sales position (commission based.)

I voted for Obama and I really want to believe he cares about us and his country but I am starting to doubt his priorities and much/all of what he says. He takes care of all of his buddies in the cabinets and Acron but the we (American ppl) get screwed?? Bush sucked but Barack is looking worse right now.

He (Obama) put-forth the notion of spending for highway and bridge construction, for small business tax cuts and for retrofitting millions of homes to make them more energy efficient. How is this going to effectively decrease 10%+ unemployment? I can see this plan creating about 1 million jobs, if that. Why can't the Obama admin propose tax incentives to companies to hire workers?

Is anyone else frustrated?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 08:06 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,084,935 times
I dunno.

But I saw a bumper sticker today:

How's that hopey changey thing workin' out for ya?

Old 12-08-2009, 09:52 PM

3,646 posts, read 5,420,256 times
I'm getting the commission based sales "opportunities" also. Believe it or not, I actually know some people who can't understand why I am not jumping on these stellar positions.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:00 AM

83 posts, read 280,067 times
I honestly can't see too many companies actually creating new positions. It will probably mostly be current employees being trained for a couple additional skills. Being green is really about a mindset, rather than building new things.

Old 10-03-2010, 03:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,454 times
Check out this site it's called Green Jobs Hiring. Find the Green Job that works for you at [url]http://www.greenjobshiring.com[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search