U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 09:01 PM

1 posts, read 9,410 times

Advertisements

hello guys im new here i just recently looked at some posts. im wondering or if anyone of youll can help me out on figuring out this.

well today before i went inside for the interview. i was asked to sign somebackground check forms. after i didi that i went inside to the interview. the interviewer asked me you know if anythign is false on the felony you will automatically will be discualified for the position. i answered yes. well after that she asked how much i made in my current job and how much the payrate so i answered her . next she asked me about what woudl you do if you had to deal with an angry costumer. i ansewered try to think of the best answer so that way you wont give the wrong anwser. next she asked me do you have reliable tranportation. i answered yes. then another question came in you know this is a full time position i anserwered yes. then after that she asked a question related to the position i had applied for. then after that she told me when there a going to start the training. so she toold me the dates they woudl start. and tols me to call them to make sure . it was goign to start on those days. afterb that she gave me her business card to stay in contact with them. does this mean i could got the job.

Last edited by Bo; 12-16-2009 at 08:17 AM.. Reason: Moved from San Antonio forum
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 09:06 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,329,906 times
Oh boy, sounds promising.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:24 PM

51,541 posts, read 73,121,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ale211142 View Post
hello guys im new here i just recently looked at some posts. im wondering or if anyone of youll can help me out on figuring out this.

well today before i went inside for the interview. i was asked to sign somebackground check forms. after i didi that i went inside to the interview. the interviewer asked me you know if anythign is false on the felony you will automatically will be discualified for the position. i answered yes. well after that she asked how much i made in my current job and how much the payrate so i answered her . next she asked me about what woudl you do if you had to deal with an angry costumer. i ansewered try to think of the best answer so that way you wont give the wrong anwser. next she asked me do you have reliable tranportation. i answered yes. then another question came in you know this is a full time position i anserwered yes. then after that she asked a question related to the position i had applied for. then after that she told me when there a going to start the training. so she toold me the dates they woudl start. and tols me to call them to make sure . it was goign to start on those days. afterb that she gave me her business card to stay in contact with them. does this mean i could got the job.
She should not ask you how much you are making in your current job. That's a " no-no" question. She knew that and she was "fishing" to adjust your pay rate accordingly.
Will you get that job? Probably… It looks like a calling center or customer service. They always hire due to high turnover rate.
Good luck!

Old 12-15-2009, 10:01 PM

3,977 posts, read 5,284,264 times
I do hope you checked your spelling on your application. Some jobs might require decent skills in that area.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:24 PM
RGJ

1,902 posts, read 4,431,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
I do hope you checked your spelling on your application. Some jobs might require decent skills in that area.
huh? You mean you might have to know how to spell and know basic English?

Old 12-15-2009, 10:41 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,056,812 times
This isn't exactly a real background check...

and the what's your most recent pay question is bogus. Sounds like... call center work?

Old 12-15-2009, 10:52 PM

3,770 posts, read 7,857,432 times
Surprisingly most call center personnel located overseas are very well educated and often go through similiar hiring process as we do in the States, despite the cultural and language barriers we face when speaking with them over the phone.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:11 PM

9,468 posts, read 11,852,408 times
Signing off on a background check is just another part of the job application/interview process these days. With the handful of job interviews I have been on since the start of November I have had to sign off for background checks on the majority of them (granted, a lot of the jobs were people related so the background check is probably a good thing...).

And don't be surprised if they ask to run your credit either. They do that too.

Old 12-16-2009, 03:38 AM

13,815 posts, read 28,169,149 times
my daughter just started training for a call center job the other day and so far it sounds pretty promising. They actually have some OK pay by SA standards and good benefits plus several other perks and she just got paid yesterday for the one day she was there plus yesterday. A lot of it seems almost too good, which leads me to believe the job sucks, but sometimes you actually find a good employer that is actually nice, like Rackspace. It is going to be interesting to see how it goes over time and hopefully she can get promoted to a management position soon. I told her that should be her goal.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:40 PM

186 posts, read 329,518 times
Wasn't the name of that movie Deliverance or was it the Longest Yard?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search