Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 05:03 PM

9 posts, read 10,914 times

Advertisements

KING OF THE JEWS
By Lahry Sibley
Mat 2:1 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
Mat 2:2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.
The wise men asked, "Where is He that is born King of the Jews?"
Now, we've all been challenged by those who love their sin more than God and yet call themselves "christians", and even at that take God's name in vain. When you mention keeping God's commandments, they cry "foul". "Those commandments were given to the Jews (Israel)"
Well guess what. So was the Savior. He is above declared to be King of the Jews. So if God's law was given only to the Jews, then you must by default admit that the Savior was too, and therefore His sacrifice excludes you, pagan gentile heathen. (I'm sorry, those are the nicest words I could type.)
Of course if the Commandments are yours, so is the Savior. If you love Him, you keep them. If you despise His law, you despise Him too. Hypocrites!!! REPENT or you shall surely PERISH!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2010, 05:06 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lahry View Post
KING OF THE JEWS
By Lahry Sibley
Mat 2:1 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
Mat 2:2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.
Now, we've all been challenged by those who love their sin more than God and yet call themselves "christians", and even at that take God's name in vain. When you mention keeping God's commandments, they cry "foul". "Those commandments were given to the Jews (Israel)"
Well guess what. So was the Savior. He is above declared to be King of the Jews. So if God's law was given only to the Jews, then you must by default admit that the Savior was too, and therefore His sacrifice excludes you, pagan gentile heathen. (I'm sorry, those are the nicest words I could type.)
Of course if the Commandments are yours, so is the Savior. If you love Him, you keep them. If you despise His law, you despise Him too. Hypocrites!!! REPENT or you shall surely PERISH!!!
Amen Lahry. God Bless you brother.

Old 12-11-2010, 05:11 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
KING OF THE JEWS
By Lahry Sibley
That is so not right.

Israel was set aside and grace given to the nations. The apostle Paul, who is the apostle of the nations told us we are not under law but under grace.

Read Galatians. You can't mix law with grace for us of the nations. If you do you fall out of grace.

Old 12-11-2010, 05:36 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
That is so not right.

Israel was set aside and grace given to the nations. The apostle Paul, who is the apostle of the nations told us we are not under law but under grace.

Read Galatians. You can't mix law with grace for us of the nations. If you do you fall out of grace.
WRONG LAW!

Old 12-11-2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
KING OF THE JEWS
By Lahry Sibley
Awesome post.

Old 12-11-2010, 05:54 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,434,646 times
Quote:
That is so not right.

By worshiping Him, we uphold the righteousness of the law, for He fulfilled it all.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:32 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
WRONG LAW!
The OP talked about keeping the commandments of God. That is the law.
What other "commandments of God" do you think are the "commandments of God"?

Whenever anyone spoke of the commandments of God in the 4 accounts of the NT it was always about the 10 commandments. Those are not for us to do to be saved or maintain righteousness and salvation.

Old 12-12-2010, 05:34 PM

Quote:
The OP talked about keeping the commandments of God. That is the law.
What other "commandments of God" do you think are the "commandments of God"?

Whenever anyone spoke of the commandments of God in the 4 accounts of the NT it was always about the 10 commandments. Those are not for us to do to be saved or maintain righteousness and salvation.
The law Paul is talking about is the 613 OT levitical laws...not the 10 Commandments. These ANY Christian should automatically do from the heart, wihtout being TOLD,,if they ARE a Christian.

Old 12-12-2010, 06:19 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
The law Paul is talking about is the 613 OT levitical laws...not the 10 Commandments. These ANY Christian should automatically do from the heart, wihtout being TOLD,,if they ARE a Christian.
Amen Hot.

If you do not keep the Ten Commandments of God, you trangress the Law of God, which is all sin is...the transgression of the Law "Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law" 1 John 3:4....which means you are a willfull sinner which is sin comitted KNOWING it is sin but doing it anyway...but there is a sin which does not lead to death...this is sin comitted in ignorance, "All wrongdoing is sin, and there is sin that does not lead to death" 1 John 5:17....because you have heard it been told...you've been warned...but choose instead to reject the truth that has been given, and continue to live in your sin, you are not a child of God but a child of the devil. In which case, you have chosen what master you will serve "No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other." Matthew 6:24; "No servant can serve two masters." Luke 16:13....and it surely! is not! THE God our Creator...Maker of Heaven and Earth. Therefore, you shall not enter into His Kingdom if you do not repent once and for all time of your sins, and turn away from them...never to look back...BEFORE you die.

The only way you can know God and love Him is if you keep His commandments...the only way He knows who you are and abides with you is IF! you keep His commandments..."If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love" John 15:10.

Praise God!!! Amen! and Amen!!!

In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.

Old 12-12-2010, 06:36 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Amen Hot.

If you do not keep the Ten Commandments of God, you trangress the Law of God, which is all sin is...the transgression of the Law "Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law" 1 John 3:4....which means you are a willfull sinner which is sin comitted KNOWING it is sin but doing it anyway...but there is a sin which does not lead to death...this is sin comitted in ignorance, "All wrongdoing is sin, and there is sin that does not lead to death" 1 John 5:17....because you have heard it been told...you've been warned...but choose instead to reject the truth that has been given, and continue to live in your sin, you are not a child of God but a child of the devil. In which case, you have chosen what master you will serve "No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other." Matthew 6:24; "No servant can serve two masters." Luke 16:13....and it surely! is not! THE God our Creator...Maker of Heaven and Earth. Therefore, you shall not enter into His Kingdom if you do not repent once and for all time of your sins, and turn away from them...never to look back...BEFORE you die.

The only way you can know God and love Him is if you keep His commandments...the only way He knows who you are and abides with you is IF! you keep His commandments..."If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love" John 15:10.

Praise God!!! Amen! and Amen!!!

In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.
Actually this is the way we know God

Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent John 17:3

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do Ephesians 2:8-10

I love him not because i keep his commandments, but because He keeps me, because he first loved me,because of his grace, because of his love,because of his mercy, because of his forgiveness, but never ever because i believe i'm keeping His commandments.

Infact whenever i am doing the things that pertain to life and godliness i am not aware that i'm doing them, and i don't believe any believer whose faith is in his grace does.

“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism