Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2015, 11:43 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
Well I am honestly interested in your worldview, you are the people of G-d, and G-d loves you according to Scripture. That is why I wanted to discuss the nature of truth and G-d, because even G-d's own people can stray away from the truth, as was the case in the time of Isaiah right?

I am a believer and follower of Yeshua Ha Mashiach indeed and the Scripture from Ezekiel I have experienced in my own life, G-d took out my stony heart and gave me a heart of flesh by His grace. Yes the heathen are now ingrafted in the olive tree, as prophesied in Psalm 2 that the Son shall receive the heathen for an inheritance. After I put my faith that Yeshua indeed is the Mashiach the Lord gave me His Spirit. But my goal is not to either convert nor offend anyone, just to discuss the Tanakh reasonably by it's own testimony, (I did not mention any New Testament quote.) I love the people of G-d, the lost sheep of the house of Israel that will one day look upon Him whom they have pierced and mourn over Him as an only son.

Zecheriah 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Isaiah 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

And the Scripture cannot be broken my friend, not one jot or tittle will pass from it until all will be fulfilled.

Shalom Aleikhem to you Tzaphkiel, search the Scriptures for in them you think you have life, and it is they that testify of the Seed of the woman (gen.3:15) Yeshua the Moshiach who came to fulfill the law and the prophets, and was pierced for our sin as a Perfect eternal offer satisfying G-d's wrath so we might have eternal life.
It is actually "not one jot or tittle will pass from the law until all has been fulfilled"....Try reading the TaNaKh and see how different it is from your Christian Old Testament....

Old 05-18-2015, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
These rules to the Judaism forum were posted by the Moderator on Oct. 15, 2012:

"1. This is the Judaism forum. No posts or threads pertaining to other faiths are permitted.
5. No proselytizing any non-Jewish Faith"

And this was posted by the Moderator on June 20, 2013:

"This sub-forum is not the place for proselytizing or attempting to convert Jews. It is meant for Jews interested in discussions among themselves and for others who want to learn more about this worldview and are interested in posing non-confrontational questions to Jews. Use our main Religion and Philosophy forum if you want to debate the merits of this worldview."
However...Jews are always fighting in here...And he/she is asking about our world view....

Old 05-18-2015, 11:48 AM

1,791 posts, read 1,865,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
This the "ask a Jew thread"...TheFlipFlop opened this awhile back, it is pretty much his thread and now you're going to come in here and lay down the rules?...If you don't want to answer a question, then don't answer it...But don't come in here and tell people what type of question they may ask...No one may come to truth without argument, without questions...If an answer comes to easy, then it is not the right answer...
This ceased being TFF's thread a long time ago.

And all of us have both a responsibility and a right to help ensure the rules are followed here. Some like to post them, and others like the report button. Just about every one of us has had to "lay down the rules" at some point in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
Shalom Aleikhem to you Tzaphkiel, search the Scriptures for in them you think you have life, and it is they that testify of the Seed of the woman (gen.3:15) Yeshua the Moshiach who came to fulfill the law and the prophets, and was pierced for our sin as a Perfect eternal offer satisfying G-d's wrath so we might have eternal life.
I wonder if we'll ever get to go for a month where someone doesn't try this crap.

Last edited by JB from NC; 05-18-2015 at 12:17 PM..

Old 05-18-2015, 12:03 PM

4,538 posts, read 6,447,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
Hey folks. In the discussions I've been having here at this forum, I've had many times where an answer I gave to a question led the thread down an alternate pathway than what the OP intended (sorry Mods, I'm not being bad on purpose). Somebody suggested I start a new thread called "Ask a Jew."

Who am I? I'm an Orthodox Jew living in a major city in America. Any views I present will be the views of a Torah Observant Jew - one who attempts to follow all 613 mitzvahs given in the Torah. I'm not a rabbi, but I learn Torah and Talmud every day of the week and have immersed myself in a life of Torah. There's no such thing as a person who knows "All" of the Torah, but for the purposes of this forum, I can give it a shot.

One quick thing, is I will not be online during the Jewish Sabbath (sundown Friday to sundown Saturday night). So if you ask a question during that time, perhaps one of the fellow non observant Jews on this site can answer.

Speaking of non-observant Jews, their answers will sometimes differ from mine. It doesn't make mine right and theirs wrong - just different views.

My friends, ask away...

Why do Orthodox wear black suits all year round? Obviously suits were not yet invented in bible times. It appears when the Orthdox religion started that was in style at the time and you just stuck with it. Does that mean if it started in the 1970s you would be wearing Bell Bottoms, Spandex and Leisure suits all day?

Old 05-18-2015, 12:06 PM

761 posts, read 832,595 times
Howdy, nice to meet jew.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:47 PM

467 posts, read 352,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
also, in the Judaism forum, long pages of quotes may be seen as an attempt to proselytize by other religions, and as such are a violation of the City Data rules for the Judaism forum. For a "comparative religion" discussion, post on the Religion and Spirituality section instead of Judaism. thank you
False. That something "may be seen" by someone as something prohibited does not make it something prohibited. Only when it IS prohibited is it a violation of City Data rules. Furthermore, your handle starts with a "T," not with a "W," which is conclusive evidence that you are not the one who decides such issues.

P.S. While I stand by my paragraph above, I guess Tzaphkiel is a bit quicker than I at spotting the offenders. While I was typing,Chanokh came in and proved that Tzaphkiel was right from the beginning.

Last edited by Call; 05-18-2015 at 12:51 PM.. Reason: P.S.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:54 PM

1,587 posts, read 1,014,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
Why do Orthodox wear black suits all year round? Obviously suits were not yet invented in bible times. It appears when the Orthdox religion started that was in style at the time and you just stuck with it. Does that mean if it started in the 1970s you would be wearing Bell Bottoms, Spandex and Leisure suits all day?
Where exactly are seeing such a thing?

Old 05-18-2015, 12:58 PM

467 posts, read 352,769 times
Quote:
Completely wrong. Not all orthodox Jews wear black suits. Those who have a tradition (a few hundred years old) of doing so continue to do so. Those who don't, don't. Orthodox Judaism started with Abraham, and didn't get solidified until Mt. Sinai (Shavuos 2448). I'm pretty sure that black suits weren't around back then (almost 3300 years ago).

Old 05-18-2015, 01:00 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,363,310 times
Quote:
The black suits, white shirts and black fedoras where the preferred dress of late 19th century Polish (gentile) aristocrats. We are copying them, as we spend 24/7 standing before the King, and feel it appropriate to dress in our finest in front of the King.

Old 05-18-2015, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB from NC View Post
This ceased being TFF's thread a long time ago.

And all of us have both a responsibility and a right to help ensure the rules are followed here. Some like to post them, and others like the report button. Just about every one of us has had to "lay down the rules" at some point in this thread.

I wonder if we'll ever get to go for a month where someone doesn't try this crap.
Ahhh...I missed that....sorry...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism