Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2015, 10:03 AM

248 posts, read 175,247 times

Advertisements

I'll make a thread discussing the matter at hand in the forum sooner than later, so it won't appear that I'm derailing this thread.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:40 AM

22,163 posts, read 19,213,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soular View Post
I'll make a thread discussing the matter at hand in the forum sooner than later, so it won't appear that I'm derailing this thread.
actually your inquiries are in the right place, in the "Ask a Jew" thread it is nearly impossible to derail the thread, because it encompasses any question any one has about any aspect of Judaism

if a person's soul is drawn towards Judaism, then most definitely explore that. for anyone wondering "am I really a Jew" it requires a great deal of honesty and willingness to define and identify and articulate, why do I want to be a Jew, those are personal to us as individuals and only we can answer that

what we don't get to change to suit our whims is who is "really" a Jew, and we don't get to re-write the Torah to suit our own desires. as a Jew we rely on Jewish resource material. other religions or people or groups or nations can not change or define Judaism to suit their own agenda. Jewish law (halacha) is our guide. Not our own personal ideas and opinions. May you enjoy your study of Torah including halacha. It is one of the three things that are the essential foundation of a Jewish home, of a Jewish life: Torah study, prayer, and mitzvoth/acts of kindness. Enjoy!

if someone expresses anti-Semitism they are going to have that pointed out to them. it is entirely unacceptable in any way shape or form. A foundation of Judaism is love God, love Torah, love all Jews.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 10-13-2015 at 11:11 AM..

Old 10-13-2015, 10:50 AM

23,143 posts, read 10,441,143 times
Quote:
I was doing nothing out of the ordinary before during and after Rosh Hashanah. I also to not know what a Sukkot is.

May I remind you I am seeking my place in this wonderful creation The Most High has brought me in. Since my ancestors were stripped completely of self-identity, self-knowledge, as well as as their way of worship. I have only looked for the truth and will not rest til I find it, and won't rest then Hannibal.

What truth are you looking for? People will often try and rationalize a truth that fits them perfectly.

I feel a connection with God and I feel that I am his own peculiar son and this is because God is peculiar in his ways, and they aren't the ways of other nations and other Gods. I asked about your Sukkah because the feast of Tabernacles had just ended and I wonder if you kept the high Holy days which are peculiar to God?

People can debate about blood, chromosones and such, I don't know much about that, but I do know that God's peculiar people are at least those people who keep his own particular worship system, and so I ask you, do you keep the Jewish feasts?

Most all nations and all people have a connection with Israel in that what God had done in Egypt and Israel was no way the first time a nation was split in two where the weaker had to rely on God and they bent their knee to God and God sent them a savior, Moses wasn't the first, and he sure wasn't the last and this thing is seen in all people.

Amos

The Destruction of Israel
6The One who builds His upper chambers in the heavens And has founded His vaulted dome over the earth, He who calls for the waters of the sea And pours them out on the face of the earth, The LORD is His name. 7"Are you not as the sons of Ethiopia to Me, O sons of Israel?" declares the LORD. "Have I not brought up Israel from the land of Egypt, And the Philistines from Caphtor and the Arameans from Kir? 8"Behold, the eyes of the Lord GOD are on the sinful kingdom, And I will destroy it from the face of the earth; Nevertheless, I will not totally destroy the house of Jacob," Declares the LORD.…

Old 10-13-2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
if a person's soul is drawn towards Judaism, then most definitely explore that. for anyone wondering "am I really a Jew" it requires a great deal of honesty and willingness to define and identify and articulate, why do I want to be a Jew, those are personal to us as individuals and only we can answer that

This would be my question,'' Why would a gentile go out of his way to try and prove he had some Jewish blood?''

What would change if the person was able to prove he had Jewish blood?

Why the need for a desire to be Jewish?

Old 10-13-2015, 11:54 AM

Quote:
What I got from this response is that you trust in man. For one, The State of Israel was established by Allied Powers after WWII, not by God Almighty or the Messiah, there was no peace after its creation, no it was more war and conflict, especially in the Middle East. That doesn't fit prophecy.

What Prophesy?

If the Exodus of 1948 doesn't further prove who God's people are, then I don't know what would.

When the nation of Israel was declared, war began on that same day and the very first people Israel fought was A.I., the same people they fought when they came out of Egypt, and their plight from the world back to Israel fighting the same people they fought in the days of Joshua is remarkable.

The President never believed in a million years that Israel could keep the land and so he says,'' Let them, if they can conquer enemies on every side with a billion people wanting to kill them, let them try.'' The numbers against them were impossible, the odds could not have been more against them, and they have come this far even to a 6 day war that mirrored the fall of Jericho happened and yet an exodus occurred and is still happening while the world is still calling for genocide against them.

Maybe you feel like YOU are being persecuted and oppressed?

Who is oppressing you?

Besides Israel, what other people are being threatened with Genocide right now while the world says nothing and conspires in helping the enemies of Israel achieve their goal?

The united nations have towers up in Lebanon where they sit and watch tunnels being built for arms and they say nothing because they are against Israel. The President of the United states is conspiring with Iran against Israel as we speak, and Iran makes no butts about it, they promise genocide against Israel.

Is that the same as what is happening to you? Do you live in an area where a bomb might just drop on your head at any minute? I gotta tell ya, If I was the governor of Texas and Juarez had been sending bombs across my border to Texas, there would be no more Juarez, it would cease from being a city.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 10-13-2015 at 12:52 PM..

Old 10-13-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
This would be my question,'' Why would a gentile go out of his way to try and prove he had some Jewish blood?''
that is exactly what the Rabbis ask, this is exactly what halacha (Jewish law) asks
in Judaism there is a big long list of invalid reasons for a person to seek to convert (invalid according to Judaism)
Judaism actively discourages converting and it is a very rigorous and demanding process
a person's motive for "wanting to be Jewish" is of the utmost importance and often disqualifies them

and after Moschiach comes....no one is permitted to convert

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 10-13-2015 at 12:41 PM..

Old 10-13-2015, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
that is exactly what the Rabbis ask
in Judaism there is a big long list of invalid reasons for a person to seek to convert
Judaism actively discourages converting and it is very rigorous and demanding
a person's motive for "wanting to be Jewish" is of the utmost importance
I wouldn't even know where to begin how to think if I were a Jew. I have been studying all this time from a gentile perspective and I wouldn't even know how to view the bible from any other perspective because of my obsession in viewing it from a Gentile's view. It would unmake me.

Old 10-13-2015, 12:30 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,363,310 times
Quote:

Jewish ancestry does not make a goy Jewish. Only Halacha can do that.

Old 10-13-2015, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
Jewish ancestry does not make a goy Jewish. Only Halacha can do that.
I should know that word by now but I don't. I would assume that if I were a Cherokee who thought he might have Israeli blood, I would still have to go through the channels in a conversion to join Israel, is that what you mean?

Old 10-13-2015, 12:56 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't even know where to begin how to think if I were a Jew.
and yet you have a greater and deeper understanding of what it is to be a Jew in this world than many Jews do. we thank you for that Hannibal!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism