Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2015, 08:36 PM

32,530 posts, read 21,903,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Deuteronomy

This scripture happens to be one of the most terrifying scriptures in the bible. You could write a zombie novel from this scripture.

Deuteronomy 28

64Then the Lord will scatter you among all nations, from one end of the earth to the other. There you will worship other gods—gods of wood and stone, which neither you nor your ancestors have known. 65Among those nations you will find no repose, no resting place for the sole of your foot. There the Lord will give you an anxious mind, eyes weary with longing, and a despairing heart. 66You will live in constant suspense, filled with dread both night and day, never sure of your life. 67In the morning you will say, “If only it were evening!” and in the evening, “If only it were morning!”—because of the terror that will fill your hearts and the sights that your eyes will see. 68The Lord will send you back in ships to Egypt on a journey I said you should never make again. There you will offer yourselves for sale to your enemies as male and female slaves, but no one will buy you.

These are people who became gentiles when they were sent into the nations where they worshipped other gods in the worship system of Sabbathas and feasts with their traditions and rituals.
There are many who are Jews and don't know it...

Old 10-15-2015, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soular View Post
You just side stepped my whole question Hannibal. Do you agree with history that there were Israelites throughout West Africa prior to the Trans Atlantic Slave Trade? Or will you be ignoring historical evidence and prop up scripture to justify your point?
Well, just who are you talking about?...

Old 10-15-2015, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB from NC View Post
Rashi (Rabbi Shlomo Yitzchaki) was one of greatest Jewish commentators on the Torah and the Talmud.
Yes he was...

Old 10-15-2015, 08:48 PM

22,914 posts, read 10,287,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soular View Post
Who became gentiles? What??? These are the curses of the Israelites for not following the law accordingly, they will be redeemed in the Messianic era.

Oh okay
They are people who claim to be of Israel but are not. They are people who claim to be Jews and are not and the fact that they went into the nations to worship other gods PROVES THEY BECAME GENTILES JUST LIKE THE ENTIRE KINGDOM OF EPHRAIM.

Where did they go that they are being sent back from?

They had it in their mind to come up to the mountain of Abraham and Isaac and Jacob but they are sent back by the way they came and even the world didn't want their sacrifice. They will seek to be servants but there will not be a master found. They will seek to die to their own selfish desires in those days but what will be the use? Neither servitude or death will be found for anyone who wishes to sacrifice.

You think this is a curse of Jews?

The Lord has just come to the tents of Judah and those people who claim to be Israel and Judah but are not, are sent home.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 10-15-2015 at 09:33 PM..

Old 10-15-2015, 10:40 PM

36 posts, read 39,755 times
Quote:
That's really interesting. Thanks for showing it to me, Don't think I ever saw that before.
Can you answer my question about the acceptance of Deut 30 by the Ashkenazi. It seems like many of yall ignore this scripture, why is that?

Old 10-16-2015, 08:49 AM

22,914 posts, read 10,287,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWithYah View Post
Can you answer my question about the acceptance of Deut 30 by the Ashkenazi. It seems like many of yall ignore this scripture, why is that?

I don't exactly know what the question is, but I am not a Jew, and I am not qualified to say what a Jew would accept unless I am misunderstanding your question.

Old 10-16-2015, 08:54 AM

Quote:
I don't exactly know what the question is, but I am not a Jew, and I am not qualified to say what a Jew would accept unless I am misunderstanding your question.
Of course you are, HF....Wiki-pedia....

Old 10-16-2015, 09:04 AM

23,709 posts, read 30,620,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWithYah View Post
And your query is?

Deuteronomy 30 / Hebrew - English Bible / Mechon-Mamre

Deuteronomy - Chapter 30 (Parshah Nitzavim) - Tanakh Online - Torah - Bible

Old 10-16-2015, 09:09 AM

Pruzh, which do you prefer, the JPS or the Chabad?...Which would you think is more accurate?...

Old 10-16-2015, 09:36 AM

23,709 posts, read 30,620,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Pruzh, which do you prefer, the JPS or the Chabad?...Which would you think is more accurate?...
Neither. What I read from has no English in it. I supply links for others. IMPOV the easier the English version is to understand, the more incorrect it becomes. As I've stated numerous times, each person should be able to read it and understand it in its Aramaic/Hebrew format so there is no loss in translation.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org.../Deuter30.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism