Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2017, 11:53 AM

29,526 posts, read 9,696,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I am not agreeing with you when you say that no religion is innocent, or above all others in every aspect.
I might have guessed, but again, not really my focus, just easier to consider what is true when we look at things objectively, without bias in some of these good vs bad respects. With that, Flavius, I must leave you with more crickets as I sign off again this morning, until perhaps tomorrow, but please don't let anyone suggest the crickets mean anything other than my absence, as we've seen already done before. Yet another wrong of many...

Old 07-23-2017, 12:04 PM

23,123 posts, read 10,422,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I might have guessed, but again, not really my focus, just easier to consider what is true when we look at things objectively, without bias in some of these good vs bad respects. With that, Flavius, I must leave you with more crickets as I sign off again this morning, until perhaps tomorrow, but please don't let anyone suggest the crickets mean anything other than my absence, as we've seen already done before. Yet another wrong of many...
Maybe I will call a plague of Crickets to meet you when you get home.

Did it rain yesterday?

LOL, anytime, but you must tell me what you believe.

Old 07-24-2017, 09:25 AM

No time like I usually have to explore what might be learned in this thread this morning (off to a dentist appointment), but I did read this article this morning that reminded me of this thread, thinking maybe others here might find the read somewhat interesting and relevant...

What do you call an atheist who criticizes one religion over another...?

In a report about the cancellation, KPFA said it had been contacted by activists who had described Dawkins as “a very well-known Islamophobe” who had vilified Muslims. The radio station cited tweets from Dawkins including one that read: “I think Islam is the greatest force for evil in the world today” and pointed to a recent Telegraph article in which Dawkins was quoted as saying that “if you look at the actual impact that different religions have on the world it’s quite apparent that at present the most evil religion in the world has to be Islam”.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...-against-islam

And here again what parallels might we draw from our exchange here?

Old 07-24-2017, 10:15 AM

Quote:
What do you call an atheist

Not much to say to this lol.

Can't prove God to you.

Not with words, do you live anywhere around Houston?

Old 07-24-2017, 01:48 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,013,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
The Nephalim are not the initiated ones, they are the fallen ones, they are not Tzaddikim, nor are they of the order of Melchisedek (Mela-Ki-Tsaddiq), there is no Truth, Mercy or Justice in them. Peace
How did you break down Melchizadek?....

Old 07-24-2017, 02:55 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,038,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
How did you break down Melchizadek?....

I didn't, he did. Peace

Old 07-25-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Not much to say to this lol.

Can't prove God to you.

Not with words, do you live anywhere around Houston?
No, of course no one can prove God...

Can we, however, prove that it is best to put our faith, commitment and trust in what we CAN prove? What we CAN prove is our universal truth? Can we possibly agree on what criteria we might all best accept to provide us that clarity, between what is fact and what is fiction?

Can we perhaps leave what we cannot prove to science and the future?

My thought -- what I believe -- is that all people on the planet would for the most part get along much better and there would be less wrong doing, less violence, pain and death if we didn't otherwise unnecessarily disagree over these differences between us based on what we cannot prove.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:53 AM

Quote:
No, of course no one can prove God...

Can we, however, prove that it is best to put our faith, commitment and trust in what we CAN prove? What we CAN prove is our universal truth? Can we possibly agree on what criteria we might all best accept to provide us that clarity, between what is fact and what is fiction?

Can we perhaps leave what we cannot prove to science and the future?

My thought -- what I believe -- is that all people on the planet would for the most part get along much better and there would be less wrong doing, less violence, pain and death if we didn't otherwise unnecessarily disagree over these differences between us based on what we cannot prove.
I can give you complete clarity. The God of Israel is the truth, his laws are above all laws, and God's laws are so right, that when the plague came, it was blamed on Jews because their laws taught them cleanliness and what to do with everything unclean, and their cleanliness kept them from getting the plague.

I can't prove God to you on the interweb, but I seriously believe I can prove God to anyone face to face.

I can prove that the bible has a hidden language behind it, and this I can prove without a doubt, I just can't do it on the internet with words, but it takes about 2 min in person.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
When you make stuff up, you can come to all sorts of fascinating conclusions.
Yes, true, and/or when you believe with all your heart what your mind knows cannot be proven true, yet you "believe" it anyway...

I would love to do a study (or find one already done), essentially to determine how human nature has been inclined in these respects since the beginning. Given the choice of accepting what is true even when it does NOT suit one's personal agenda (wants and needs) as compared to "believing" maybe what is not even likely to be true, because it DOES suit one's personal agenda, what do most people choose?

Old 07-25-2017, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Dear Sir or Ma'am,

Please get a brain. And use it.

Thank you.
Though many of us who might read this thread have some sense or want to separate the fact from the nonsense, I believe we also want to do so "nicely." The above is something of an insult, and not the sort of intelligent mature exchange about what is truth and what is not that I am still hoping to promote here.

Even the Buddha would become short of patience with what he viewed as nonsense, but the path toward greater understanding our universal truth is not to alienate those who do not understand...

These notions expressed by your "Dear Sir or Ma'am" are not the first in this thread to be highly suspect in terms of what is true or even based on truth versus falsehood(s).

Right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.