Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2012, 02:07 PM

377 posts, read 575,949 times

Advertisements

Since I've seen Sura 3:3 in Hebrew via HaKoran by Dr. Rubin, I've learned so much. Just the word "evangelion" in Hebrew. In Arabic it's Injil. In English Good news, good tidings. Suddenly what happened is that I couldn't use the spelling "evangelion" any more because some company has copyrighted it. I verified the actual word in Hebrew on the Yahoo group Ancient Bible History. The response spelled it Eyangelion. Google changed that to Evangelion. So I did more research using "good news" and found Wikipedia spelled the Greek transliteration, euangelion. So I used search word "euangelion" and that worked.

Within a few minutes I came across this article about the latest Jewish analysis of the Euangelion. It's such a relief for Jewish me. It fits my own reading of the Bible. I don't make the people in the Bible fit me in the 21st Century. I become an actress and image myself as living in the world they lived in. It's easy for me to do because I was never rich. I grew up with legal black-hating and jew-hating. I lived in the transition of females becoming brain-equal to males. My mom was not treated brain-equal. My children have no idea what I'm talking about. How could they?

Jesus

Now I remember that I taught this as a Sunday School Teacher in the 1960's in a Reform Temple in the 6th grade class. It was from a textbook and I was so naive back then. Since Reform back then was completely divorced from the Hebrew language, I just had a naive understanding of the Euangelion myself and did my best understanding the text. Now that I've spent more time with Hebrew, it's much easier for me to make sense of the Euangelion. Also studying Egyptian history via mummies in the 21st Century has helped a lot too. Reading Josephus myself too. Picking up on his label for the time period "Antony,Cleopatra, Arab and Jew", in Israel.

Old 08-07-2012, 03:59 PM

1,249 posts, read 1,733,299 times
Perhaps your posts about Jesus would be well received in the Christian forum.

Last edited by 1+1=5; 08-07-2012 at 04:50 PM..

Old 08-07-2012, 06:08 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,075,596 times
In my opinion this thread is not appropriate for the Judaism Forum. It can easily be considered proselytizing Christianity.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism