Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2012, 10:35 AM

377 posts, read 577,435 times

Advertisements

Seems the wealthy politicians are hiding the Spinoza Stamp details (which I have hopefully somewhere in my disorganized condo) from all of us so I can't demonstrate that Israel has accepted Spinoza as one of the greatest Jewish philosophers ever, years ahead of his time. On top of that, don't know if you buy the stamp that the accompanying description, citation is part of the purchase.

I used the right keywords and found it. http://english.israelphilately.org.i...tent/en/000744 Now this is how I interpret YHWH myself. All 6007 times of the Hebrew Biblical word. Some of which times includes different forms of "el..."/allah.
" Spinoza’s view of nature rested on the scientific way of thinking and many of his ideas were before their time. Although Spinoza created repercussions in his lifetime, and even more so after the enlightenment period in Germany in the 18th Century, no school of thought is named after him. The last twenty years have seen a revival in interest in Spinoza even amongst the philosophical schools of thought that were allegedly far from his philosophy"

Last edited by macnietspingal; 09-18-2012 at 10:54 AM.. Reason: I found the document
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 05:40 AM

584 posts, read 600,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnietspingal View Post
I used the right keywords and found it. Baruch Spinoza Now this is how I interpret YHWH myself. All 6007 times of the Hebrew Biblical word. Some of which times includes different forms of "el..."/allah.
" Spinoza’s view of nature rested on the scientific way of thinking and many of his ideas were before their time. Although Spinoza created repercussions in his lifetime, and even more so after the enlightenment period in Germany in the 18th Century, no school of thought is named after him. The last twenty years have seen a revival in interest in Spinoza even amongst the philosophical schools of thought that were allegedly far from his philosophy"
And elsewhere you wrote ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnietspingal View Post
Ben Gurion died not seeing his beloved Spinoza recognized by his beloved Jewish State. ... It's why I say that if Spinoza were alive today he probably would replace the word "god" in his ETHICS with YHWH.
But here we find ...

Quote:
After the Second World War a copy of the Theological-Political Treatise that Spinoza personally gave to a friend on 23 July 1676 with a dedication in his hand writing (see the first day cover) reached G.H. Shikmoni at “The Spinoza House” in Haifa. This book was donated to the University of Haifa and it can be found there today. David Ben-Gurion and many others saw Spinoza as a source of pride for the Jewish people along with Freud and Einstein. ...

The main issue in Spinoza’s doctrine, involving the rare combination of extremely original and bold ideas for his time and classical philosophy, centers on God, not as the Creator but as Nature perceived as a systematic whole where every detail has its necessary place. [ibid]
I see nothing here to suggest that Spinoza was beloved by Ben-Gurion and absolutely nothing to support the inane claim that "if Spinoza were alive today he probably would replace the word 'god' in his ETHICS with YHWH."

As for the fixation with the number 6007, you might wish to look here.

Old 09-20-2012, 04:44 AM

377 posts, read 577,435 times
Default 6007 instances of YHWH

My Davka Soncino Talmud did the counting and listed separately in Hebrew all the instances of YHWH. Find someone with this electronic essential Jewish document and see for yourself. Let them send you a copy. Better still get the DVD and learn Judaism yourself the right/write/rite way. One size fits all, just different shapes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism