Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 02:11 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
But it's deeply disgusting behavior for a Jew to wear a yarmulke while transgressing a Torah commandment.
Read:
http://ohr.edu/ask_db/ask_main.php/43/Q1/

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/483387/jewish/Why-Do-We-Wear-a-Kippah.htm

http://www.orthodox-jews.com/jewish-skull-caps.html#axzz2aN4eyzn6

As others can read, its Talmudic in basis and not a transgression. But since you twist the Torah verses to translate to something else then they are, you are a Frummer. This is why a true Frum who reads the Torah understands what he is reading compared to a BT who relies on someone else's translation.

And you keep on forgetting I was FFB from Israel.

Old 07-28-2013, 02:23 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,361,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Read:
http://ohr.edu/ask_db/ask_main.php/43/Q1/

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/483387/jewish/Why-Do-We-Wear-a-Kippah.htm

http://www.orthodox-jews.com/jewish-skull-caps.html#axzz2aN4eyzn6

As others can read, its Talmudic in basis and not a transgression. But since you twist the Torah verses to translate to something else then they are, you are a Frummer. This is why a true Frum who reads the Torah understands what he is reading compared to a BT who relies on someone else's translation.

And you keep on forgetting I was FFB from Israel.
When a Jew wears a yarmulke into a treif restaurant and then eats the food, they have trangressed the Torah prohibition from eating treif food, as well as maris ayin. Furthermore, trying to trick your fellow Jews into also transgressing the Torah is another prohibition (putting a stumbling block in front of a blind man). That is bad, bad, bad behavior. Shame on you.

Old 07-28-2013, 02:59 PM

Quote:
When a Jew wears a yarmulke into a treif restaurant and then eats the food, they have trangressed the Torah prohibition from eating treif food, as well as maris ayin. Furthermore, trying to trick your fellow Jews into also transgressing the Torah is another prohibition (putting a stumbling block in front of a blind man). That is bad, bad, bad behavior. Shame on you.

Let's see....I stated I was in JERUSALEM a few weeks ago eating at a restaurant there and stated there were Muslims there too. So from where are you creating this load of BS by assuming the food was treif? So now are now not only a Bigot against other Jews who don't believe the way you do, but also a Bigot against Muslims?

Old 07-28-2013, 03:02 PM

864 posts, read 870,631 times
Yeah, and a few weeks ago you walked the streets of BP and you were spat at...

Old 07-28-2013, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwishiwerethin View Post
Yeah, and a few weeks ago you walked the streets of BP and you were spat at...
Now you're making stuff up. Go ahead and show everyone where I stated that a few weeks ago and this is not LH.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Let's see....I stated I was in JERUSALEM a few weeks ago eating at a restaurant there and stated there were Muslims there too. So from where are you creating this load of BS by assuming the food was treif? So now are now not only a Bigot against other Jews who don't believe the way you do, but also a Bigot against Muslims?
You seem to have inserted yourself into a conversation I was having with fschmidt. You're fine. I'm sure you don't wear a yarmulke into trief restaurants, or even eat trief for that matter.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:19 PM

Quote:
You seem to have inserted yourself into a conversation I was having with fschmidt. You're fine. I'm sure you don't wear a yarmulke into trief restaurants, or even eat trief for that matter.
Inserted what? You responded and quoted my post and stated shame on me.

FWIW Please learn Hebrew and Aramaic so when you read the Torah you actually understand what its saying without any loses in the translation by someone else.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:23 PM

Take a look at this video and notice the kippas.

Hasidic Dance - Rabbi Nahman Meuman - YouTube

and this one around 4:24 with a black kippa with color around its edges.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBthe...yer_detailpage

Last edited by Pruzhany; 07-28-2013 at 06:43 PM..

Old 07-28-2013, 06:42 PM

Quote:

FWIW Please learn Hebrew and Aramaic so when you read the Torah you actually understand what its saying without any loses in the translation by someone else.
Huh? Where did that come from?

It's funny how for the last year you have continually complained that I use too much Hebrew/Yiddish/Aramaic in my posts, and now you suddenly accuse me of not understanding those languages. Can't please you.

Back to the OP - one should not wear a yarmulke in public unless one is prepared to live by all the mitzvos. Anything short of complete Torah observance, and you're committing a chilul hashem by transgressing the Torah in public.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Huh? Where did that come from?

It's funny how for the last year you have continually complained that I use too much Hebrew/Yiddish/Aramaic in my posts, and now you suddenly accuse me of not understanding those languages. Can't please you.

Quoting learned phrases is not understanding the actual written word. If you could actually read the Torah, you would understand the misinterpretation of the words. But that is a topic for another thread. But back to the topic at hand. Why don't you quote the exact part of the Torah that supports your statements and then link it for all to see?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism