Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 09:20 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,044,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jews for Jesus View Post
What do you think we study? Even Christians read from the Old Testament, a.k.a Hebrew Bible.
Jesus himself read and taught from the Torah, and Messianic Jews follow Jesus, the Messiah.
You misunderstood and I didn't explain myself properly. I meant that the Messianic Jews may not have Torah in the Arc that they get out and unroll it and use the pointer to read the Hebrew text out of it. I was not referring to a specific book in hand. I hope this is clearer to you and everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2013, 09:23 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,880,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
You misunderstood and I didn't explain myself properly. I meant that the Messianic Jews may not have Torah in the Arc that they get out and unroll it and use the pointer to read the Hebrew text out of it. I was not referring to a specific book in hand. I hope this is clearer to you and everyone.
Oh, but like I said before we attend regular synagogues. There are some synagogues with "Messianic" names, but they look exactly like any other synagogue. So yes, we have Torah in the Arc and do the "unrolling" of it. Do not think us Messianic Jews comes from another planet

Old 08-04-2013, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Oh, but like I said before we attend regular synagogues. There are some synagogues with "Messianic" names, but they look exactly like any other synagogue. So yes, we have Torah in the Arc and do the "unrolling" of it. Do not think us Messianic Jews comes from another planet

Again, you misunderstood me. I have a friend who is Messianic so I am familar with some of it, not much. When I was in Florida earlier this year, I found a congregation to attend that was Messianic and when I got there there were no services that night like it was advertised. When I was in there, they had chairs in rows like a congregation, but there was no Arc. Some guy that was doing sound and video (or something) was there who told me they don't have services on Friday, but Saturday. Then I found another one closer and even called. The lady told me they had services on Saturday, but when I got there, not a single car was in sight. I've never been to a Messianic and wanted to experience it once.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:40 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,880,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
Again, you misunderstood me. I have a friend who is Messianic so I am familar with some of it, not much. When I was in Florida earlier this year, I found a congregation to attend that was Messianic and when I got there there were no services that night like it was advertised. When I was in there, they had chairs in rows like a congregation, but there was no Arc. Some guy that was doing sound and video (or something) was there who told me they don't have services on Friday, but Saturday. Then I found another one closer and even called. The lady told me they had services on Saturday, but when I got there, not a single car was in sight. I've never been to a Messianic and wanted to experience it once.
Mine has service both Friday evening and Saturday morning. I guess every place is different.
I myself go to Saturday morning service. Keep in mind that many Messianic Jews have been attacked by other Jews, some disowned by their families and feel hurt. Do not ask sensitive questions or proselytize.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Mine has service both Friday evening and Saturday morning. I guess every place is different.
I myself go to Saturday morning service. Keep in mind that many Messianic Jews have been attacked by other Jews, some disowned by their families and feel hurt. Do not ask sensitive questions or proselytize.
Really~? Thinking about it, that is true what you said. I grew up with a guy who now considers himself a "Christian Jew". But he doesn't go to a Messianic, but a huge Christian Church that they call: Six Flags or something....it's HUGE~! He tells me there are a lot of Jewish people there and they have groups there that get together for the Jewish holidays. Anyways, his parents (now passed) accepted his faith changes, but not his other family members.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism