Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2013, 07:03 AM

14 posts, read 13,923 times

Advertisements

My family and I have lived in Israel for the past 7 years. Now we need to return to the US for a number of reasons both personal and security (we live in the "West Bank"). First I am looking for employment back in the States preferably in Texas. I am currently employed here in Israel and my background is System Administrator/Systems Analyst I am a veteran USAF. However, as many of you are already aware pay here in Israel is not high by any standard so our biggest obstacle is financial with that in mind, if anyone knows of an organization that might provide a loan or any other funds to help with my families air fare back it would be appreciated.

I will be happy to provide further information, Resume and etc.

Thanks in advance for all your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 06:19 AM

671 posts, read 850,780 times
Are you sure that you want to come back? There are other places to live besides the West Bank.

I just feel sad because there are so many people who would love to make Aliyah but cannot for one reason or the other.

I think that with your career, you should have trouble finding work. Try LinkedIn and Monster and similar sites. Use your contacts. Don't be embarrassed to call or email people who you worked or studied with before you moved.

To make extra money, consider using your skills that you gained in Israel to help you. Don't underestimate how much you can earn teaching Hebrew or even making video blogs (with advertisements) about your life and experiences. I can't imagine that there are any organizations that will pay for you to come to the US since there are so many trying to get people to make Aliyah but you can ask for donations using a crowdfunding website. I have no comprehension of how much money you need but perhaps you can raise a portion of it.

I see that this is an oldish thread but keep us updated so that we know how you make out.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:48 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,027,753 times
So living there isn't safe, huh~?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism