Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2007, 01:53 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,921,120 times

Advertisements

I saw this video on "Saturday Night Live" last night, and was dying with laughter... thought we could use a light-hearted holiday thread now.

YouTube - Christmas Time for the Jews

P.S. Yes, it's true - we DO rule the streets on Christmas! I always love to travel on Christmas eve & day, since everything's empty, and we always did Chinese food and a movie on Christmas eve... LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2007, 08:50 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,788,109 times
Thanks for having a sense of humor, Giz!

Old 12-10-2007, 10:44 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,694,526 times
Ok, Gimzo I just found out you're a creative writer, and now do you make video's too? lol !! I just love surprises! Thank's once again for your humor! Again I have something to think about today.....besides the repetition sound in my mind of chestnuts roasting on a open fire...... Have a great day!

Old 12-10-2007, 10:53 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,256,756 times
I saw that on SNL. Very, very funny. Most of the Smigel cartoons are great.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
Ok, Gimzo I just found out you're a creative writer, and now do you make video's too? lol !! I just love surprises! Thank's once again for your humor! Again I have something to think about today.....besides the repetition sound in my mind of chestnuts roasting on a open fire...... Have a great day!
LOL... I didn't make the video, but wish I was that talented! It's from Saturday Night Live, apparently by somebody named Smigel (according to Mark S.). I am a creative writer, though - how did you know?

Old 12-11-2007, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
Thanks for having a sense of humor, Giz!
I always do! Despite my attitude on here sometimes, I have a great sense of humor about life & people... and I'm usually the first one I tease! This is often a place for me to vent frustrations, so I might not come off quite as easygoing to C-Ders - LOL. Anyway, I think we do need to joke about this stuff, since it's ridiculously funny when you think about it.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:53 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,196,988 times
Reminds me of a joke I once heard. It goes like this:

A Jew is locked inside a room and is holding a gun with only two bullets left in the chamber. Standing in front of the Jew is Hitler, Stalin, and Jesus. What does the Jew do?

He shoots Jesus twice!LOL

Old 12-11-2007, 08:26 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,694,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
LOL... I didn't make the video, but wish I was that talented! It's from Saturday Night Live, apparently by somebody named Smigel (according to Mark S.). I am a creative writer, though - how did you know?
I truly didn't know you we're a creative writer ! It was a joke because of the Happy Christmukwanzukah that I got so tickled over a while back.
Yesterday when I watched the video which was so cute I had to reply to you in your humor. Especially the part about eating chinese food and going to the movie on Christmas day!
I enjoy reading your post because of your open and honest character.....
We do need a sense of humor to balance when we vent!!! LOL
Thanks for your humor, we just never know when someone needs a laugh or two in their life!
Am thankful for those who have the ability to do it!
Have another great day.... looking forward to more of your humorous posting!

P.S. Chinese food does sound good!! Really am tired of turkey!

Old 12-12-2007, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
I truly didn't know you we're a creative writer ! It was a joke because of the Happy Christmukwanzukah that I got so tickled over a while back.
Yesterday when I watched the video which was so cute I had to reply to you in your humor. Especially the part about eating chinese food and going to the movie on Christmas day!
Ah, gotcha... glad to give you a chuckle! I actually am a writer, which probably explains my long-winded posts - LOL. I'm not a novelist or anything, but have had a few poems published in journals. I was also an English major in college, so writing was a huge part of my life for that 4+ years.

Quote:
I enjoy reading your post because of your open and honest character.....
We do need a sense of humor to balance when we vent!!! LOL
Thanks for your humor, we just never know when someone needs a laugh or two in their life!
Am thankful for those who have the ability to do it!
Have another great day.... looking forward to more of your humorous posting!

P.S. Chinese food does sound good!! Really am tired of turkey!
Thanks for the compliments, and it's good to know I'm not annoying everyone... my opinions are a bit strong sometimes, but that's just how I was raised - had an opinionated mother, ya know. I do think humor is important in life, since it's a great stress-reliever! And with the daily crap we all deal with, this is both a nice place to vent AND to have a laugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism