Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2020, 08:24 PM

18 posts, read 12,794 times

Advertisements

Thank you Rachel

it is very likely that many of my posts will have a universal message , but as an orthodox Jew some of the posts will have specific jewish thought & practices & geared toward sharing those ideas to jewish men & women who wish to learn more about their heritage & to see some of the beauty & richness of their own religion

what do you think I should do? on one hand, I would like what I share to be read by more of an audience, but on the other hand I also want people who are searching their jewish heritage to have readily available a lot of what I will present & that would serve better by having my thread here

my goal is two fold- I love & respect al humanity, see the Divine Spark in every human being , no matter what race , gender or religion, & there is a lot that can be shared from my jewish background of how the wisdom of the Torah is universal & can apply to all

for this one need not be jewish at all or not even interested in Judaism-there is a lot that I will post that can indeed benefit all

& at the same time I also have a specific goal of teaching & enlightening the jewish men & women of their own rich heritage & wealth of spiritual meaning that is tailored made for them specifically

this is an example of what I learned from the Torah but also has a universal message to it. on a specific level, prayer existed as long as there was man on earth, & in orthodox jewish circles, we pray a minimum of 3 times daily, in the morning, in the afternoon, & in the evening

the evening prayer evolved over time in that it was not something mandatory but over the centuries became a given staple of the inner life of a Jew

the deeper dimensions of evening prayer specifically is that its connected to prayers related to situations of darkness & of exile & of pain-to bring in light & comfort to even those areas in our lives. the symbolic darkness of evening & that this too can be transformed into light

on a universal level, there is power & a special gift for all human beings to pray in the evening hours, after a long day , to reorient ourselves & to get back to our core inner values after the hectic day & to embrace the calmness that comes with later evening as we settle down to rest & finally sleep to get ready for the next day

so while darkness has its drawbacks, it has its gifts too, because it is then after a long day, there is a certain quiet (if you shut off the technical devices of iphones & computers ect) to reorient yourself & get to know the best part of yourself

darkness of evening is also a golden opportunity for families to be together & talk or play games or interact in many beautiful ways

its all a beautiful time for a married couple to enjoy their intimate moments with each other

all these aspects of evening-the difficult painful aspects & the beautiful enriching aspects-all come from One Source & hence comes this evening prayer to ask God to help us experience the inner blessings that come with evening

So Rachel I am open to your suggestions.

on one hand-if it stays here-many people that are not jewish may not get the read a lot of this -& that would be a shame-because there is a lot that can be shared to all people-not just jewish people

but on the other hand-if the thread goes to a more general place, some of the specific "jewish" posts may be not of much interest to the general reader & also it may not reach the jewish readers that may specifically look here for answers

to have 2 threads in 2 places-I think that would be to cumbersome -I may happily place comments & encouragements on other peoples threads but for my own thread-I think I should stick to one

let me know what you think is best

Old 07-11-2020, 08:40 PM

4,143 posts, read 1,870,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yechida View Post
Thank you Rachel

it is very likely that many of my posts will have a universal message , but as an orthodox Jew some of the posts will have specific jewish thought & practices & geared toward sharing those ideas to jewish men & women who wish to learn more about their heritage & to see some of the beauty & richness of their own religion

what do you think I should do? on one hand, I would like what I share to be read by more of an audience, but on the other hand I also want people who are searching their jewish heritage to have readily available a lot of what I will present & that would serve better by having my thread here

my goal is two fold- I love & respect al humanity, see the Divine Spark in every human being , no matter what race , gender or religion, & there is a lot that can be shared from my jewish background of how the wisdom of the Torah is universal & can apply to all

for this one need not be jewish at all or not even interested in Judaism-there is a lot that I will post that can indeed benefit all

& at the same time I also have a specific goal of teaching & enlightening the jewish men & women of their own rich heritage & wealth of spiritual meaning that is tailored made for them specifically

this is an example of what I learned from the Torah but also has a universal message to it. on a specific level, prayer existed as long as there was man on earth, & in orthodox jewish circles, we pray a minimum of 3 times daily, in the morning, in the afternoon, & in the evening

the evening prayer evolved over time in that it was not something mandatory but over the centuries became a given staple of the inner life of a Jew

the deeper dimensions of evening prayer specifically is that its connected to prayers related to situations of darkness & of exile & of pain-to bring in light & comfort to even those areas in our lives. the symbolic darkness of evening & that this too can be transformed into light

on a universal level, there is power & a special gift for all human beings to pray in the evening hours, after a long day , to reorient ourselves & to get back to our core inner values after the hectic day & to embrace the calmness that comes with later evening as we settle down to rest & finally sleep to get ready for the next day

so while darkness has its drawbacks, it has its gifts too, because it is then after a long day, there is a certain quiet (if you shut off the technical devices of iphones & computers ect) to reorient yourself & get to know the best part of yourself

darkness of evening is also a golden opportunity for families to be together & talk or play games or interact in many beautiful ways

its all a beautiful time for a married couple to enjoy their intimate moments with each other

all these aspects of evening-the difficult painful aspects & the beautiful enriching aspects-all come from One Source & hence comes this evening prayer to ask God to help us experience the inner blessings that come with evening

on one hand-if it stays here-many people that are not jewish may not get the read a lot of this -& that would be a shame-because there is a lot that can be shared to all people-not just jewish people

but on the other hand-if the thread goes to a more general place, some of the specific "jewish" posts may be not of much interest to the general reader & also it may not reach the jewish readers that may specifically look here for answers

to have 2 threads in 2 places-I think that would be to cumbersome -I may happily place comments & encouragements on other peoples threads but for my own thread-I think I should stick to one

Let's try it out here for now. It can always be moved later if it seems that it might garner more interest in the R&S forum.

Shavua tov.

Last edited by Rachel NewYork; 07-11-2020 at 08:49 PM..

Old 07-12-2020, 03:32 AM

Plan B or C can be greater & deeper than the original Plan A

A great painter was painting his masterpiece.Even half way done it was absolutely breathtaking,no one had ever seen such beauty in a painting ever before.

suddenly while painting something happens that never happened before.A severe spasm shoots through his painting hand leaving on the wonderful canvas a long dark black stroke,an absolute devastation

A smaller painter would have cried,raged at his stupidity,and smashed the canvas against
the wall-shattering it forever.

But this painter is great.He is not to let a black dark streak break him.He has Plan B.He adjusts his original formula,and he says I will make this canvas so beautiful,so breathtaking,that not only will the black streak not ruin it,it will enhance it.It will become part of and integral to the greatness and awesomeness of this Masterpiece that looking back wasn't Plan B but Plan A all along.

all those reading this,take this with you the rest of your life.

You think damage has been done to your soul,damage that can never be undone.You feel broken inside.That is the ache.That black streak.You wan't to smash it,smash it,even if it will destroy you completely in the process.

But this is not so.This terrible ache.this black streak,is part of Plan A not Plan B.This will be transformed into a wonderful painting,you see what God gave me?This wonderful gift,transforming a black dark streak,negative energy,into not only not damaging what is inside but transforming it into the biggest blessing in my life.

you may have been terribly derailed & broken when the Plan A of your life goes way off track

It's going to happen in one form or another.But it will not break you.It won't even unsettle you.You wake up,you smile,and renew yourself, it's another beautiful day.Thank you God for giving me a wonderful husband, wife,beautiful children, life itself!!.And that smile that morning puts that black streak right where it belongs.

Old 07-12-2020, 01:02 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,019,927 times
Quote:
Thank you Rachel

Are you an Orthodox Jew?...

Old 07-12-2020, 03:15 PM

yes-I am

Old 07-12-2020, 03:55 PM

Quote:
yes-I am
Where from?...NY, NJ?..

Old 07-12-2020, 05:01 PM

NY

and what is your history and background-and from which area are you?

Last edited by yechida; 07-12-2020 at 05:15 PM..

Old 07-12-2020, 07:05 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,734,455 times
Israeli Orthodox organization certifies woman as authority on Jewish law

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel...on-jewish-law/

Quote:
Orthodox education network in Israel has certified a new female spiritual leader and authority on Jewish law

Old 07-12-2020, 07:56 PM

4,143 posts, read 1,870,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Israeli Orthodox organization certifies woman as authority on Jewish law

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel...on-jewish-law/
Good for her!

Old 07-12-2020, 10:08 PM

Quote:
NY

and what is your history and background-and from which area are you?
Jersey...Not Orthodox...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism