Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe that Israel should relinquish control of East Jerusalem?
Yes 5 21.74%
No 18 78.26%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 10:19 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,734,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikva View Post
Just wondering what the consensus here amongst JEWS (sorry ..., I'm not interested in the zarim perspective
Please tell me it's a typo and it's Brit Bein HaBetarim that you don't want to discuss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 10:22 AM

5,443 posts, read 4,676,468 times
I view Tel Aviv as the capital, not Jerusalem.

Old 12-15-2014, 10:23 AM

5,443 posts, read 4,676,468 times
I'm the only one that voted Yes. And damn proud.

Old 12-15-2014, 10:35 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,892,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikva View Post
I also find it disgusting that we are expected to give back land won in war to our enemies that wish our destruction.
I totally agree with you.

After we conquered Mexico in 1846, many people thought we should keep all of it. President Polk decided what we wanted to keep (the part above the Rio Grande and Gila rivers) and what we wanted to get rid of.

Israel can do the same thing if they have the will and the power to do it.

Old 12-15-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
I totally agree with you.

After we conquered Mexico in 1846, many people thought we should keep all of it. President Polk decided what we wanted to keep (the part above the Rio Grande and Gila rivers) and what we wanted to get rid of.

Israel can do the same thing if they have the will and the power to do it.
Israel has already done something similar. They returned the Sinai Peninsula (23,000 sq mi) to Egypt.

Old 12-15-2014, 11:33 AM

388 posts, read 384,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Please tell me it's a typo and it's Brit Bein HaBetarim that you don't want to discuss.
No, I meant zarim (זרים), "strangers".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Cool story bro, too bad it's not reality.

Old 12-15-2014, 11:40 AM

zarim (זרים) means foreign.

Old 12-15-2014, 12:17 PM

23,138 posts, read 10,431,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post

I don't understand.

Old 12-15-2014, 12:25 PM

23,138 posts, read 10,431,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Keep in mind that the only Jews who tempt fate and go up there are TOJ Jews. They put everyone at the Kotel in danger each and every time they go up there. The Jordanian Police up there are for show, and have a limited quantity of officers that can actually do anything. Thus Israel has to send a few hundred Police officers to bring order in which that makes the world news instead of the rock throwers and TOJs who started it. If it weren't for the TOJs going up there, then there would be no reason for the rock throwers to be there either followed by the Police.

I can go further and state Jerusalem is actually a region according to Ottoman maps and not Christian maps. But I don't know how far the OP wants to cover. So I'll just stay within the borders the OP set for this thread.

Let all the world gather at the gates of Israel and let God come down and decide.

Everyone will be broken over the cause of Jerusalem.

But I would say that Jerusalem is hovering above the Earth, and the Earth is weeping and gnashing of teeth filled with Gentiles.

I think the nations all have to come against Jerusalem, and God himself will go out and fight against everyone who is against Jerusalem and Judah.

Not for Jews as if Jews were something special, but that they are his namesake, and he is something special.

To fight against Jerusalem and Judah is to fight against the namesake of God, and the blessed fathers.

But I still see this Earth as having no good inheritance, and we are just wanderers upon the face of Earth, we seek a new home that is not on this Earth, like the Earth is the outer court of gentiles, and Israel is a nation of priests between the Earth and the heavens.

Just rambling on.

Old 12-15-2014, 12:47 PM

388 posts, read 384,704 times
Hannibal, can you keep on topic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism