Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 09:45 AM

1,791 posts, read 1,865,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Reading the account with logic and reason, why do you think they were put out?...
I think it was because it had to be.

God created us to be thinking, reasoning beings. We were built to take in information, process it, analyze it, and then make a decision based on that. And we need to be in an environment that allows that.

But that environment isn't Gan Eden. There, we were sheltered. We were safe, cared for, and provided with the information we needed. If you subscribe to the idea that God either knows or contra all, then the events that lead to humankind leaving was inevitable; it happened because God willed it to be so.

In order for us to reach our potential, to be what God made us to be, we had to experience good and evil. We had to have access to the information that would allow us to male those decisions and value judgements, to exercise our will.

We were put out of Gan Eden because it was time for us to mature and grow.
It had to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 04:25 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB from NC View Post
I think it was because it had to be.

God created us to be thinking, reasoning beings. We were built to take in information, process it, analyze it, and then make a decision based on that. And we need to be in an environment that allows that.

But that environment isn't Gan Eden. There, we were sheltered. We were safe, cared for, and provided with the information we needed. If you subscribe to the idea that God either knows or contra all, then the events that lead to humankind leaving was inevitable; it happened because God willed it to be so.

In order for us to reach our potential, to be what God made us to be, we had to experience good and evil. We had to have access to the information that would allow us to male those decisions and value judgements, to exercise our will.

We were put out of Gan Eden because it was time for us to mature and grow.
It had to happen.
Adam & Chahvah were put out to keep them from accessing the tree of life and becoming immortal...The average person will tell you that it was because they ate the apple...However, that is not there...

But I like your take on it...

Old 04-28-2015, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Adam & Chahvah were put out to keep them from accessing the tree of life and becoming immortal...The average person will tell you that it was because they ate the apple...However, that is not there...

But I like your take on it...
Look beyond the peshat (plain text meaning).
There is so much more to Torah than just that.

Old 04-28-2015, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Look beyond the peshat (plain text meaning).
There is so much more to Torah than just that.
Do you mean the PaRDeS?...Resh, Derech and Sod?...If I got those wrong, please forgive me, it's been awhile...

Old 04-28-2015, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Do you mean the PaRDeS?...Resh, Derech and Sod?...If I got those wrong, please forgive me, it's been awhile...
In part, yes. Pardes is a system that reminds us that Torah goes far beyond the words written on the parchment. To ignore the other layers is to ignore the Torah itself.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:46 AM

Quote:
In part, yes. Pardes is a system that reminds us that Torah goes far beyond the words written on the parchment. To ignore the other layers is to ignore the Torah itself.
Which the Xtrians see m to be famous for...

Old 04-29-2015, 10:41 AM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Ok, HF...Where do you get this from?...

Science, and because they were not allowed to eat meat until it was allowed. They tried to cover themselves and it wouldn't do because they had to be clothed in the skins from a death.

Mankind became aware after he started eating meat. The proteins altered his mind and he evolved into a calculating aware being knowing good from evil.

Just my opinions of course.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 04-29-2015 at 10:54 AM..

Old 04-29-2015, 01:00 PM

388 posts, read 384,848 times
...what?

HF, sometimes (most of the time), you make me wonder...

Old 04-29-2015, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikva View Post
...what?

HF, sometimes (most of the time), you make me wonder...
LOL...Me too...

Old 04-30-2015, 03:52 AM

145 posts, read 98,657 times
Simply because Chava or Ha Ishah - as she is referred to till the the end of the story disobeyed Hashem and ate the Pri (fruit) from the Etz Chaim and gave it to her husband Adam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism