Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 10:03 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times

Advertisements

I thought the Jews were never in Egypt to begin with?...

Egypt, the enlightened locale for last year's ''Protocols of the Elders of Zion'' television program, is now the source of even more anti-Semitic hatred. According to MEMRI.org, a group of Egyptians living in Switzerland, is planning to sue ''all the Jews of the world'' over gold that was allegedly stolen during the biblical exodus of the Israelites from Egypt. While this bigotry is infuriating, the utter ludicrousness of it all makes it read more like a comedy sketch. Seriously, you couldn't make this stuff up! - Egyptians To Sue 'The Jews' Over 'Stolen' Exodus Gold
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2015, 11:34 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
If the Jews were not in Egypt then the Bible is anti Egyptian. I think these people are playing with words in attempt to make the Jewish people explain that either they were not there or that what they stole was rightfully theirs to take. Either way just an attempt to embarrass the Jewish people. The fact that they offered to allow payments over 1000 years tells me they are not serious about the money. Nothing to be worked up about.

Old 07-12-2015, 01:25 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,363,662 times
That gold was payment for 210 years of servitude.

Interestingly, the Gamara in Pesachim details exactly where that gold went after it left Jewish hands.

Old 07-12-2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post

Interestingly, the Gamara in Pesachim details exactly where that gold went after it left Jewish hands.
The Golden Calf?..

Old 07-12-2015, 02:20 PM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
the usual answer to "give back the gold taken from Egypt"
is "pay back wages for the forced slave labor"

Old 07-12-2015, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
Then the Lord said to Abram, “Know for certain that your offspring will be sojourners in a land that is not theirs and will be servants there, and they will be afflicted for 400 years.” (Genesis 15:13)

The time that the people of Israel lived in Egypt was 430 years. At the end of 430 years, on that very day, all the hosts of the Lord went out from the land of Egypt. (Exodus 12:40–41)

Old 07-12-2015, 05:50 PM

467 posts, read 352,855 times
Did you notice the date on the document linked to? I remember that. As I recall, the plan was promptly squashed by Egyptian [Muslim] religious authorities, who were clearly astute enough to imagine some of the ramifications of such a suit. I doubt that it will be brought up again.

Old 07-12-2015, 05:53 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I thought the Jews were never in Egypt to begin with?...

Egypt, the enlightened locale for last year's ''Protocols of the Elders of Zion'' television program, is now the source of even more anti-Semitic hatred. According to MEMRI.org, a group of Egyptians living in Switzerland, is planning to sue ''all the Jews of the world'' over gold that was allegedly stolen during the biblical exodus of the Israelites from Egypt. While this bigotry is infuriating, the utter ludicrousness of it all makes it read more like a comedy sketch. Seriously, you couldn't make this stuff up! - Egyptians To Sue 'The Jews' Over 'Stolen' Exodus Gold

That was already tried about 2000 years ago if I remember correctly, and it was settled when the Jews wanted pay back for being enslaved for 400 years.

But that gold which was collected was a sign of freedom in itself. The master had to willingly release the slaves, and that's why God could not just go in there and take them, they were under a contract as we are all under the same contract, and we are the only ones who can release ourselves.

leave the ways of the world lest God comes and brings his child to Sukkot without you, LOL.

For Israel to have taken those earrings out of their ears was no different if they had cut their ears off from the voice of God. {I think}

I think that I am Pharaoh, but that I was also given a seed of God that I have raised myself, and I can choose to stay in slavery to the desires of my own flesh, or I can choose to cross the waters into the wilderness, maybe a day will come when all the children of God have to be at a certain feast, but if the Host will not agree to let him go, it maybe that the child will go without him. There he will be when his waters stand on end and the hidden chambers beneath the waters exposed.

Dividing Egyptian from children being born through the waters.

Yup, justa rambling on.

Old 07-12-2015, 05:54 PM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Call View Post
Did you notice the date on the document linked to? I remember that. As I recall, the plan was promptly squashed by Egyptian [Muslim] religious authorities, who were clearly astute enough to imagine some of the ramifications of such a suit. I doubt that it will be brought up again.
along those lines, I was wondering why someone would post an (anti-Semitic) article from 2003 anyway?

Old 07-12-2015, 05:57 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,363,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Then the Lord said to Abram, “Know for certain that your offspring will be sojourners in a land that is not theirs and will be servants there, and they will be afflicted for 400 years.” (Genesis 15:13)

The time that the people of Israel lived in Egypt was 430 years. At the end of 430 years, on that very day, all the hosts of the Lord went out from the land of Egypt. (Exodus 12:40–41)
Jews know the servitude was only 210 years, no matter what the Chrstian "sources" say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism