Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 06:53 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times

Advertisements

Just wondering...if anyone thought it was accurate.
For those unaware...could they come away with misconceptions?
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2018, 11:40 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Just wondering...if anyone thought it was accurate.
For those unaware...could they come away with misconceptions?
Thanks.
I think you're going to have to wait until after sundown May 21 for an answer, Miss Hepburn. It is Shavuot, and on this as well as other religious holidays, the same restrictions as Shabbat are in effect.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:05 PM

Well, i guess the director had 10 Jewish advisors on the set...so it must have
been pretty ok....although he did say, if you have 2 people, you will have 3 opinions.

Old 05-23-2018, 05:49 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Well, i guess the director had 10 Jewish advisors on the set...so it must have
been pretty ok....although he did say, if you have 2 people, you will have 3 opinions.
True...Ask two Jews, get three opinions...

Old 05-24-2018, 06:59 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Can't say much, but here's the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEVonh8bjC0

But why would you think a lesbian related movie have a place in this forum?

Old 05-24-2018, 11:02 AM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Can't say much, but here's the trailer.
But why would you think a lesbian related movie have a place in this forum?
the post looks to me like it is an attempt to "stir the pot"

Old 05-24-2018, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
the post looks to me like it is an attempt to "stir the pot"
I can see where you would think that, except that's not Miss Hepburn's M.O. I think it's probably a genuine inquiry.

Old 05-26-2018, 08:03 AM

I was asking about the portrayal of the Jewish community...not their reactions to gayness...but were their wigs, their meals, their ceremonies and traditions pretty accurate.
That was before I saw that 10 Jewish advisors were on set!

I personally was surprised such an Orthodox house had whiskey!
What do i know...

**(This isn't a discussion on gay stuff. i hope no one starts that up!!!) Thanks.
I wish the trailer was not posted...I was speaking to people that have seen the entire movie with dinners, family, the cemetery ...the 3 boys praying over the plain grave..

Old 05-26-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
I was asking about the portrayal of the Jewish community...not their reactions to gayness...but were their wigs, their meals, their ceremonies and traditions pretty accurate.
That was before I saw that 10 Jewish advisors were on set!

I personally was surprised such an Orthodox house had whiskey!
What do i know...

**(This isn't a discussion on gay stuff. i hope no one starts that up!!!) Thanks.
I wish the trailer was not posted...I was speaking to people that have seen the entire movie with dinners, family, the cemetery ...the 3 boys praying over the plain grave..
It is Muslims and certain Christian sects that have strictures against alcohol, not Judaism. As a matter of fact, on one of the religious holidays, the men are supposed to drink!

Old 05-26-2018, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It is Muslims and certain Christian sects that have strictures against alcohol, not Judaism. As a matter of fact, on one of the religious holidays, the men are supposed to drink!
See, I only knew Reformed Jews and they loved to drink!
Wait, I do remember living in NYC, Queens ...Kosher Jews could smoke like crazy!!! Even in the house!!
I hung out in many Kosher homes, was in the 80s, I forgot.

I am not mocking, i find it odd in my mind...women can not show their hair to others...but you can have whiskey!!!
Oops, I turned it into discussing the habits and customs of Jews...I hope that tangent is ok.
i saw an ashtray in the house of Dovid, an actor in the movie...I didn't know that was ok....I did see the whole movie...online no less...free, didn't even need to give my email...no ads!

It so revolves around freedoms, childhood friendship (and love)...any gay stuff is besides the point...
my take...just sayin, cuz, not stirring any 'pot'...
even tho, I live in Colorado and just made for a BBQ, alternative 'pot potato salad', hahahaha.
For others not me.
I am naturally high!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism