Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 11:22 AM

7,108 posts, read 4,536,107 times

Advertisements

I have a Jewish friend that always gets his pets neutered. It’s the only responsible thing to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2019, 11:31 AM

4,143 posts, read 1,875,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
I have a Jewish friend that always gets his pets neutered. It’s the only responsible thing to do.

I agree.

Welcome to the Judaism forum, Teacher Terry!

Old 07-19-2019, 01:54 PM

19,033 posts, read 27,599,679 times
So you have this:
Leviticus 22:24 tells us that not only may we not offer as a sacrifice to G-d any animal that has been neutered, but neither shall we neuter any animal.
What is supposed to be the holy book for any Jew and followed down to iota.
Then, you make your own "interpretation" of the holy book, as it suits YOU.
Then, as you still are uneasy, as somewhere deep inside of you you DO feel, heck, KNOW that you are breaking the law of Torah, you shut that voice up with "rescuing from shelter', "providing food", and so on.
Oh what a great philanthropists to the animal kingdom are you! Your self esteem goes up, halo starts glaring around your head, so righteous are you...
Are you a god to interpret god's word? Have you created animal kingdom to order it around as you wish? As you should be wise rulers to them, not ones that treat them as entertainment - or changes their god given nature.
As as are you not the Father, The Creator to every living being, so are you NOT a decision maker to how alter them. As Pride that is, no matter how you convolute it into words.

Old 07-19-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
So you have this:
Leviticus 22:24 tells us that not only may we not offer as a sacrifice to G-d any animal that has been neutered, but neither shall we neuter any animal.
Then, as you still are uneasy, as somewhere deep inside of you you DO feel, heck, KNOW that you are breaking the law of Torah, you shut that voice up with "rescuing from shelter', "providing food", and so on.
Oh what a great philanthropists to the animal kingdom are you! Your self esteem goes up, halo starts glaring around your head, so righteous are you...
Are you a god to interpret god's word? Have you created animal kingdom to order it around as you wish? As you should be wise rulers to them, not ones that treat them as entertainment - or changes their god given nature.
As as are you not the Father, The Creator to every living being, so are you NOT a decision maker to how alter them. As Pride that is, no matter how you convolute it into words.

What's the matter, Ukrkoz? Starbucks wouldn't put Jamaican rum into your coffee this morning?

Old 07-19-2019, 02:04 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
So you have this:
I dislike when Orthodox Jews scold Conservative Jews for not believing, or following, as they do. You should just be glad that we go to shul, keep kashrut, give tzedakah, and retain a strong Jewish identity.

Old 07-19-2019, 02:20 PM

2,676 posts, read 1,265,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel NewYork View Post
So, Rabbi Rosends, do you have a dog or a cat and, if so, have you had it neutered?
We have a rescue who was fixed before we got him.

Old 07-19-2019, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
We have a rescue who was fixed before we got him.

I love people who have rescued pets. Well done, Rabbi!

Old 07-19-2019, 02:51 PM

2,676 posts, read 1,265,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel NewYork View Post
I love people who have rescued pets. Well done, Rabbi!
It was my wife's idea and her action which made this happen. I'm not a dog person. I am just along for the ride.

Old 07-19-2019, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
It was my wife's idea and her action which made this happen. I'm not a dog person. I am just along for the ride.

Husbands and wives do things together, so don't be so modest.

Old 07-19-2019, 03:32 PM

65 posts, read 25,375 times
My best friends all through life have been dogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism