Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 08:28 PM

22,992 posts, read 10,337,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin mouse View Post
I can’t picture world peace any time soon. There has always been wars and they will keep coming.
One part of the world seems to be making peace, then war starts in another part of the world.
It seems like most people have given up on the concept of a messiah.
What I read is a special feast of Tabernacles that comes and transforms all of Judah into immortals, and the rest of the world sees it and the world becomes one religion bringing world peace. Zechariah 14 is just one place that shows this happening when all of Judah become like Golden bowls in the alter, elsewhere is says Jews will become like God, like the angel of the Lord who stands before the throne. I could name alot of scriptures from a lot of prophets insinuating this same thing, an evolution of mankind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2019, 07:12 AM

1,455 posts, read 470,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
Thats because the written Torah, as a stand-alone document, is misleading and possibly useless without our oral tradition, as written in the Mishna, Gamara, midrashim, etc.
You can't call yourself a Jew out of one side of your mouth and then say what you said in that post out of the other side of your mouth. The root of the words you wrote is traced to the serpent, who claimed to speak over and above what God said, saying God's word was misleading and that his," the serpents" word should be followed, seeking to cast God's word aside, while seeking his own following. So, these words are as true today as the day they were spoken;... And I will put enmity between you and the woman and between your seed and hers, ...

To the OP, the sin was that in that moment Moses served his own image, rather than listening to and obeying what God said. And righteous and meek Moses accepted God's correction and listened and obeyed, as a man who knew God face to face, just as everything he wrote was shared at that same face value, even his own sin and judgement. Moses was brought to bring about God's word to Abraham, and just as God told Abraham that He was Abraham's very great reward the same is true for Moses.

Old 08-22-2019, 07:39 AM

4,143 posts, read 1,853,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
You can't call yourself a Jew out of one side of your mouth and then say what you said in that post out of the other side of your mouth.

I'm getting mighty tired of people who aren't Jewish telling those of us who are Jewish what they think is Jewish and how Jews ought to be.

TFF made a valid statement. The oral tradition exists to explain those passages in Torah that require elucidation. This has been explained more than once on this forum. If it's not what you personally believe, then fine for you. Just don't be telling JEWS on a JUDAISM FORUM "You can't call yourself a Jew..." And especially don't be telling Jews that our oral tradition is "traced to the serpent."

Old 08-22-2019, 10:07 AM

88,300 posts, read 84,292,537 times
Quote:
You can't call yourself a Jew out of one side of your mouth and then say what you said in that post out of the other side of your mouth. The root of the words you wrote is traced to the serpent, who claimed to speak over and above what God said, saying God's word was misleading and that his," the serpents" word should be followed, seeking to cast God's word aside, while seeking his own following. So, these words are as true today as the day they were spoken;... And I will put enmity between you and the woman and between your seed and hers, ...

To the OP, the sin was that in that moment Moses served his own image, rather than listening to and obeying what God said. And righteous and meek Moses accepted God's correction and listened and obeyed, as a man who knew God face to face, just as everything he wrote was shared at that same face value, even his own sin and judgement. Moses was brought to bring about God's word to Abraham, and just as God told Abraham that He was Abraham's very great reward the same is true for Moses.
That rings of Christian theology, not Jewish. This is a forum about Judaism, and there are rules against proselytizing other religions here. Don't cross that line.

Old 08-22-2019, 11:08 AM

22,992 posts, read 10,337,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel NewYork View Post
I'm getting mighty tired of people who aren't Jewish telling those of us who are Jewish what they think is Jewish and how Jews ought to be.

TFF made a valid statement. The oral tradition exists to explain those passages in Torah that require elucidation. This has been explained more than once on this forum. If it's not what you personally believe, then fine for you. Just don't be telling JEWS on a JUDAISM FORUM "You can't call yourself a Jew..." And especially don't be telling Jews that our oral tradition is "traced to the serpent."
For what it's worth, it is impossible for a Christian to understand his New Testament without the Oral Torah, that is a fact, but Christians don't know it because they look at the Oral Torah the way they do, and most wouldn't even consider opening it. There are alot of idioms taken from what the priests say and do during holy days, and what the congregation does and says during Holy days. The Christian doesn't know anything about God's holy days, all they have is what God told Israel to do, but it was Israel who had to decide how things were done. For instance, the feast of Tabernacles is probably the greatest thing ever, and there is a mountain of things said and done, traditions, rituals that make Tabernacles absolutely spectacular so as to make a person cry in joy for 8 days, so beautiful, but only found in the oral Torah and God has said that he perfected Israel's holy days in everything Israel does, every tradition, every ritual Israel made was perfected by God and meant to be. The 3 processions of priests going out for the water, the wine and the trees, the trees limbs would have been so many as to sound like a wind storm coming to the temple, and Isaiah say's,'' The person who has not been to the water ceremony does not know Joy.''

The is such a great mountain of information stemming from the 7 feasts, and Sabbaths that it is even impossible for the Christian to understand his NT without going to the Oral Torah.

It is so weird, as if God wanted to keep a truth only to a certain people, and those people only, but how would the Oral Torah be written in a way that would remain hidden to everyone else?

I think it was meant to be, that what God has hidden, he has hidden in plain sight while he put a spirit against anyone else reading it, he really makes them think a serpent wrote it lol.

Christians are speaking about the Sabbaths and feasts everyday, ALL day long, it is all they speak of, but don't know it. Ask a Christian what happens at the daily Sabbath to test them in the very basic of Holy days, and they will jump on google to try and look smart and give you an answer, and when they answer, then ask them if they have an Oral Torah, and they say,'' That is from Satan.''

Nobody can understand the daily Sabbath without the Oral Torah, much less the 7 feasts.

The information in the Oral Torah makes the Oral Torah the most valuable book in history save the bible itself, a book that should come with a great price to anyone wanting to know the secrets of God, and it is good that God has hidden so well. He just put it in everyone's mind that it's cursed, and the average Christian thinks he will go to hell if he even reads it lol.

I have always suspected that this plays into,'' Ten men from every nation will grasp the garment of a Jew begging that Jew to teach them.''

God has hidden the greatest truths and understanding in plain sight.

So He drove out the man and stationed cherubim to the east of the Garden of Eden, with a whirling sword of flame to guard the way to the tree of life.

God is so funny that way,

Nobody can understand Moses without the Oral Torah.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 08-22-2019 at 11:17 AM..

Old 08-22-2019, 12:44 PM

32,530 posts, read 21,941,988 times
Quote:

Who do you think the seed of the woman is?...

Old 08-22-2019, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That rings of Christian theology, not Jewish. This is a forum about Judaism, and there are rules against proselytizing other religions here. Don't cross that line.
Hate to be an “I told you so”...

Old 08-22-2019, 03:26 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,350,824 times
Ha ha. I expected Pruz to lay into me.

Old 08-23-2019, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
Ha ha. I expected Pruz to lay into me.
I don’t see why, you merely stated what you believe to be true and left it at that...

Old 08-23-2019, 04:45 AM

4,143 posts, read 1,853,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I don’t see why, you merely stated what you believe to be true and left it at that...

I suppose that our visitor to the forum also stated what he believes to be true. What he probably doesn't understand is that he was way out of line when he told TFF "you can't call yourself a Jew..." and then he spouts what sounds like a Christian repudiation of Judaism's oral tradition.

And I'm not even going to get into our visitor's statement of "The root of the words you wrote is traced to the serpent..."

People can believe what they want and question others in a respectful manner, but they have no business coming to a Judaism forum and telling Jews here that "you can't call yourself a Jew." That's not respectful. I may not always be on the same page with TFF, but he can certainly call himself a Jew and I give him credit for knowing his stuff. I can't speak for Pruz or others on this forum, but I suspect they might agree with me on this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism