Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 05:27 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
How can you be a light unto the nations when you pray for their death?...
I guess that's why the leaders of Hamas, Islamic Jihad, Fatah, Hezbollah and Iran are all still alive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2019, 07:31 AM

4,143 posts, read 1,875,193 times
I found an interview with Roger Waters online. I'm not going to post the link here, because I don't want to give that man a platform for his views. I'll only say that when I got to the part of the interview where he called Jews "essentially an agent of a foreign government," I heard all I needed to hear.

Old 12-04-2019, 10:56 AM

4,729 posts, read 4,363,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel NewYork View Post
I found an interview with Roger Waters online. I'm not going to post the link here, because I don't want to give that man a platform for his views. I'll only say that when I got to the part of the interview where he called Jews "essentially an agent of a foreign government," I heard all I needed to hear.
What is truly frightening, is he spouts this hatred from the stage at ALL of his concerts. He has an unsuspecting and captured audience, literally paying top dollar to hear about the evil joos.

Old 12-04-2019, 12:40 PM

11,636 posts, read 12,703,351 times
Unfortunately, Roger Waters is not the only one in that field. Elvis Costello is another one who is vocal and there are a few others. Please check out Creative Community for Peace. It was started by a music executive who wanted to combat this rhetoric within the pop music field. I wish to commend Rhianna in particular for her concert in Central Park, as well as Alicia Keys.

Old 12-04-2019, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
Unfortunately, Roger Waters is not the only one in that field. Elvis Costello is another one who is vocal and there are a few others. Please check out Creative Community for Peace. It was started by a music executive who wanted to combat this rhetoric within the pop music field. I wish to commend Rhianna in particular for her concert in Central Park, as well as Alicia Keys.

I checked out the site and found their anti-boycott petition, which states: "Hundreds of artists perform in Israel every year and nearly all of them receive pressure to cancel. Artists are being inundated with petitions, open letters, and sometimes thousands of posts on social media, calling on them to boycott Israel. It is crucial at this time that artists hear from those who support artistic freedom and the power of the arts to build bridges."

I am thoroughly on the side of artistic freedom and the power of the arts to build bridges. I'll support Creative Community for Peace. Thanks for mentioning this site, Coney!

(Giving a shout-out for Ziggy Marley and Cyndi Lauper, two of my favorites who I saw were on the list of those artists who refuse to be intimidated and who have performed in Israel.)

Old 12-04-2019, 02:59 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
This is truly creepy. I've never been a huge Pink Floyd fan, though like most people my age I'm familiar with many of their songs.

But I had no idea about this. There's no justification for this sort of thing. None.

Old 12-04-2019, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
This is truly creepy. I've never been a huge Pink Floyd fan, though like most people my age I'm familiar with many of their songs.

But I had no idea about this. There's no justification for this sort of thing. None.

I know, right? It scares me that there are people like Waters who have a platform from which they can tell their adoring public that Jews are agents of a foreign government – and the dangerous implications that go with such a conspiracy-laden accusation. That's the "dual loyalty" canard that comes straight out of that antisemitic pamphlet The Protocols of the Elders of Zion. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antise...d#Dual_loyalty

Old 12-04-2019, 06:10 PM

Carlos Santana is an interesting one. He originally bowed to Waters’ pressure but has since come back with a more parve approach, saying we must all love each other (not repudiating Waters and Hamas). But at least he now plays in Israel.

Paul McCartney and Ringo (a Yid) both play Israel frequently.

I bet you a dollar Peter Gabriel is a Joo hater. Pretty much all those Amnesty International singers likely are.

Old 12-04-2019, 06:25 PM

Here’s the rest of the list of the good guys:

Rihanna, Radiohead, Jennifer Lopez, Paul McCartney, , Tame Impala, Justin Timberlake, Daddy Yankee, Keyon Harrold, Elton John, Lady Gaga, Clean Bandit, Kanye West, The Rolling Stones, Madonna, Pusha T, Martin Garrix, Kygo, Tyga, Wiz Khalifa, Bon Jovi, Enrique Iglesias, The Chainsmokers, Jason Derulo, One Republic, A$AP Ferg, Justin Bieber, The Backstreet Boys, Ziggy Marley, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Metallica, Freddie Gibbs, Alicia Keys, 30 Seconds to Mars, REM, Alt J, Afrojack, David Guetta, Nick Cave, Maluma, Guns N’ Roses, Alanis Morisette, Cyndi Lauper

Old 12-04-2019, 06:41 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,431,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
Carlos Santana is an interesting one. He originally bowed to Waters’ pressure but has since come back with a more parve approach, saying we must all love each other (not repudiating Waters and Hamas). But at least he now plays in Israel.

Paul McCartney and Ringo (a Yid) both play Israel frequently.

I bet you a dollar Peter Gabriel is a Joo hater. Pretty much all those Amnesty International singers likely are.
I think it's painting with rather a broad brush to say that Peter Gabriel hates Jews just because he's an Amnesty International singer. Have you ever heard a concert of his and heard him say negative things about Jews? Otherwise this statement seems to be based on your own prejudice, IMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism