Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did The Tribe Of Benjamin cease to exist about 3000 years ago?
Yes 1 20.00%
No 4 80.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2019, 12:44 PM

23,138 posts, read 10,434,069 times

Advertisements

I have recently been informed that all of Benjamin had been lost forever. That when Benjamites raped a woman, all of Israel came and ended Benjamin forever.

This person also tells me that when I say,'' The 12 tribes of Israel," that I am wrong, says I should call them ," The 13 tribes of Israel.''

Did the tribe of Benjamin cease to exist about 3000 years ago?

Old 12-14-2019, 05:22 PM

623 posts, read 311,129 times
No. Read to the end of the story. Benjamin continued.

Much later, when the Northern Kingdom split off and eventually more or less disappeared, the kingdom of Yehudah remained, which consisted of Binyamin and Yehudah, plus some number of Leviim, and some some number of Kohanim.

Todays Jews are a remnant of the kingdom of Yehuda, and are presumably from the tribes of Yehudah, Binyamin and Levi.

Mordechai, in the Book of Esther, or, commonly, scroll of Esther, was of the tribe of Binyamin.

Old 12-14-2019, 05:28 PM

2,675 posts, read 1,263,745 times
There actually were 13 tribes because Ephraim and Menashe are often seen as 2 tribes, not just one (Yosef) but since Levi didn't get specific land, there are only 12 tribal territories.

Old 12-14-2019, 05:37 PM

4,143 posts, read 1,871,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Did the tribe of Benjamin cease to exist about 3000 years ago?

They were still around to side with the Tribe of Judah against the other Ten Tribes during the dispute over who should be king (Rehoboam or Jeroboam) when Solomon died.

Old 12-14-2019, 08:34 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,022,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
There actually were 13 tribes because Ephraim and Menashe are often seen as 2 tribes, not just one (Yosef) but since Levi didn't get specific land, there are only 12 tribal territories.
I read that Levi was not counted with the rest of Israel...So would they still count as a tribe?...

Old 12-14-2019, 11:23 PM

Wonder where Annointed is.

Old 12-14-2019, 11:38 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,685,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Wonder where Annointed is.
I have my popcorn ready

Old 12-15-2019, 12:10 AM

3,061 posts, read 913,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel NewYork View Post
They were still around to side with the Tribe of Judah against the other Ten Tribes during the dispute over who should be king (Rehoboam or Jeroboam) when Solomon died.
The pseudo tribe of Benjamin, who were the children of women who had married into the other tribes of Israel before they butchered every man, woman, and child in the Land.

And there were some of the pseudo tribe of Benjamin living among the tribe of Judah, which tribe according to 1 Kings 12: 20; was the 'ONLY' tribe to remain loyal to David's descendants, they were among the 180,000 troops that Rehoboam chose to go to war against the 10 northern tribes among who, also lived many from the pseudo tribe of Benjamin, which tribe was lost.

Judges 21: 6; The people of Israel felt sorry for their brothers the Benjaminites and said, “Today Israel has lost one of its tribes.

Old 12-15-2019, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed View Post
The pseudo tribe of Benjamin, who were the children of women who had married into the other tribes of Israel before they butchered every man, woman, and child in the Land.

And there were some of the pseudo tribe of Benjamin living among the tribe of Judah, which tribe according to 1 Kings 12: 20; was the 'ONLY' tribe to remain loyal to David's descendants, they were among the 180,000 troops that Rehoboam chose to go to war against the 10 northern tribes among who, also lived many from the pseudo tribe of Benjamin, which tribe was lost.

Judges 21: 6; The people of Israel felt sorry for their brothers the Benjaminites and said, “Today Israel has lost one of its tribes.
Go ahead and tell us about how king Jehoram ruled both Israel and Judah at the same time. Maybe you wanna put up a list of kings of the house of Judah and a list of kings of the house of Israel cause I gotta tell you, I was under the impression that David and Solomon were the only kings to have ruled both Israel and Judah........ya know that thing you keep chasing me around with when there were two kings both named Jehoram.........Thing about me is, you show me my error and I will rejoice and thank you for it. I am not going to make up my own history. I believe what I read and if the truth goes against my belief, I adjust my belief, not the truth........If a person cant be true with themselves, what is the use?

Old 12-15-2019, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed View Post

If there was no one left to replinish Benjamin there could not have been an effort to replinish non existant blood, BUT THERE WAS,THEY DID.The tribe of Benjamin has never been completely wiped out. We can point at Benjamin after that event, even Paul claimed to be of Benjamin and adressed them in his letter. BESIDES THIS, God assures us of the fact that he has ALWAYS kept a remnant just like he ended Isreal but ALWAYS kept a remnant of each tribe STILL EXTANT AMONG JEWS TODAY.

The tribe of Benjamin was also the one tribe contained within both kingdoms, that David built Jerusalem in Benjamin BECAUSE Benjamin was naturaly part of Joseph/Israel because Benjamin was the only true brother of Joseph by the same mother, and because Judah had given his life for Benjamin's life, Benjamin was also loyal to David and this is what makes a child of Jerusalem........Benjamin is the beloved of the Lord, of Jacob,and of David and Joseph. The whole world would cease to exist without little Benjamin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism