Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2022, 01:34 PM

35,111 posts, read 17,063,143 times

Advertisements

This video is worth the time:

This morning, my sister sent me this email: “A friend shared this video with me (link). I thought you would appreciate it. It's well worth 15 minutes of your time.

It sure was. There are some stories that are moving enough to bring tears to the eyes even of a hard-boiled attorney as myself. The “Readers Digest” version of the story is that a platoon of American troops were captured by Nazi troops in the Battle of the Bulge during December 1944. About 200 of the 1,000 troops were Jewish. The Germans ordered the Master Sergeant Roddie Edmonds of Knoxville, TN, a Gentile to separate the Jews from the other troops. Sergeant Edmonds ordered all of the troops to step forward. When pressed by the Nazi, he told the Nazi ““We are all Jews here” and advised the German that “you will have to shoot all of us because we all know who you are, this war will soon be over and you will be a war criminal."

As he further stated in Affidavit testimony of Lester Tannen about Sergeant Edmonds posted at Yad Vashem (link, not copyrighted) he said: “(t)he lesson of that day has shaped my life for there have been times when you must take a calculated risk, however perilous, to stand up for the right thing for yourself and those for whom you have responsibility.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2022, 03:21 PM

Left out of OP:

President Obama, speaking at the Israeli Embassy said:
Quote:
(link)“We are all Jews, because anti-Semitism is a distillation, an expression of an evil that runs through so much of human history, and if we do not answer that, we do not answer any other form of evil,” Mr. Obama said.

Old 02-05-2022, 05:59 PM

4,143 posts, read 1,881,768 times
I just finished watching this video and I found it extremely moving. Master Sergeant Roddie Edmonds was truly (as stated by one of the narrators) a righteous man.

Thank you for posting this! I'm going to share it with others.

Old 02-07-2022, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel NewYork View Post
I just finished watching this video and I found it extremely moving. Master Sergeant Roddie Edmonds was truly (as stated by one of the narrators) a righteous man.

Thank you for posting this! I'm going to share it with others.

Yad Vashem has a major focus about the "Righteous Among Nations." Some of the stories are extremely moving. Sometimes, among all the stories about evil, there has to be a "throw in the warm puppy" moment. THis is surely one of those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism