Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 08:53 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,777,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
But are they really all that worse than a system that allows Jewish settlements to exist looking like a suburb in California with lush green gardens and pools next to impoverished refugee camps that might get safe water 3 hours a day?
Actually you can see that here in the United States; right in Miami Beach.

Also in response to another post; I know plenty of "super frummies" who go to college...and also secular Jews who forgo college...or even drop out of college.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:19 PM

217 posts, read 692,655 times
jews were not enslaved by the egyptians, the hebrews were..the term jew wasnt even in use untill the babylonian exile years later...

Old 01-14-2010, 02:32 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,592,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir_Abdul View Post
jews were not enslaved by the egyptians, the hebrews were..the term jew wasnt even in use untill the babylonian exile years later...
True; because Judaism is a religion, not an ethnicity, and had not been organized at the time of the events in Egypt.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:37 AM

10 posts, read 31,262 times
Love is love, not want.

Old 03-26-2010, 01:06 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,041,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir_Abdul View Post

The Hebrews became the Jewish people. The stories in the Torah are the stories of the Jewish people and our becoming a people.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:35 AM

102 posts, read 138,719 times
Maybe it has to do with the Jewish holy book: The Babylonian Talmud, which says such nice things as:

[SIZE=2]"The Jews are called human beings, but the non-Jews are not humans. They are beasts."
Talmud: Baba mezia, 114b
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]"The Akum (non-Jew) is like a dog. Yes, the scripture teaches to honour the the dog more than the non-Jew."
Ereget Raschi Erod. 22 30

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]
"Even though God created the non-Jew they are still animals in human form. It is not becoming for a Jew to be served by an animal. Therefore he will be served by animals in human form."
Midrasch Talpioth, p. 255, Warsaw 1855
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]
"A pregnant non-Jew is no better than a pregnant animal."
Coschen hamischpat 405
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]
"The souls of non-Jews come from impure sprits and are called pigs."
Jalkut Rubeni gadol 12b
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]
"Although the non-Jew has the same body structure as the Jew, they compare with the Jew like a monkey to a human."
Schene luchoth haberith, p. 250 b
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]
"If you eat with a Gentile, it is the same as eating with a dog."
Tosapoth, Jebamoth 94b
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]
"If a Jew has a non-Jewish servant or maid who dies, one should not express sympathy to the Jew. You should tell the Jew: "God will replace 'your loss', just as if one of his oxen or asses had died"."
Jore dea 377, 1
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]
"Sexual intercourse between Gentiles is like intercourse between animals."
Talmud Sanhedrin 74b
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]
"It is permitted to take the body and the life of a Gentile."
Sepher ikkarim III c 25
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]
"It is the law to kill anyone who denies the Torah. The Christians belong to the denying ones of the Torah."
Coschen hamischpat 425 Hagah 425. 5
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]
"A heretic Gentile you may kill outright with your own hands."
Talmud, Abodah Zara, 4b
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]
"Every Jew, who spills the blood of the godless (non-Jews), is doing the same as making a sacrifice to God."
Talmud: Bammidber raba c 21 & Jalkut 772 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Moed Kattan 17a . If a Jew is tempted to do evil he should go to a city where he is not known and do the evil there.

[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Sanhedrin 58b. If a heathen (gentile) hits a Jew, the gentile must be killed.

[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Sanhedrin 57a . A Jew need not pay a gentile ("Cuthean") the wages owed him for work.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Baba Kamma 37b. "If an ox of an Israelite gores an ox of a Canaanite there is no liability; but if an ox of a Canaanite gores an ox of an Israelite...the payment is to be in full."
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Baba Mezia 24a . If a Jew finds an object lost by a gentile ("heathen") it does not have to be returned. (Affirmed also in Baba Kamma 113b). Sanhedrin 76a. God will not spare a Jew who "marries his daughter to an old man or takes a wife for his infant son or returns a lost article to a Cuthean..."
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Sanhedrin 57a . When a Jew murders a gentile ("Cuthean"), there will be no death penalty. What a Jew steals from a gentile he may keep.
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]
Baba Kamma 37b. The gentiles are outside the protection of the law and God has "exposed their money to Israel." [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Baba Kamma 113a. Jews may use lies ("subterfuges") to circumvent a Gentile.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Yebamoth 98a. All gentile children are animals.
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]
Abodah Zarah 36b. Gentile girls are in a state of niddah (filth) from birth.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]
Abodah Zarah 22a-22b . Gentiles prefer sex with cows. [/SIZE]

Old 06-21-2010, 05:55 PM

1 posts, read 4,536 times
I was never suspicous of Jews to I made friends with some Isralies. Great people. They would bad mouth other Jews - mostly militant right wing dudes. I told them if I said the same thing about Jews in Canada I would be held for hate crimes. Canadian Jews are wimps and professional victims. They went after elderly Canadians who saved their ass in war for saying some stuff with a hint of truth. Most of us normal people laughed but had respect for their elders - not canadian jews. They would hound them to death in the paper and court. Mayge I am a anti-semetic. But it is not towards the Jews it is towards Canadian fairly tail jews.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:10 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,224,167 times
I don't...I have cousins and an uncle who are Jewish so hating Jews would be hating my family.

Old 10-30-2014, 09:54 AM

896 posts, read 1,864,517 times
Here in Ireland you'll hardly ever hear the word 'hate'. It seems that I only hear it being used by the people of one country. We don't hold that destructive emotion in our hearts. So we hate neither jew nor gentile. Perhaps this is a reason our UN Peacekeeper soldiers are accepted and welcomed by all nations in which we are involved.

Old 10-30-2014, 11:27 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,987,929 times
"Why do so many dislike Jewish people?"

The way I see it, the Jews, with their firm evidence that Jesus did not fulfill the requirements of a, well, Jewish messiah (I mean this being THEIR belief system, after all), are a threat to the basis of Christianity just by existing and standing there and minding their own business and doing their own thing.

Pretty unfair, actually. Because once again...it was and is THEIR belief system. Ripping it off and then changing it retroactively doesn't really fly all that well, at least IMO. But now that that's been done, it takes continuous stomping on Jewish belief and on Jews in order to keep the obvious errors in Jesus not having fulfilled the messianic prophecies in the background rather than where they would naturally be: in a place of glaring obviousness. It seems this irritates many people and makes them resent the Jews...for again...having THEIR OWN prophecy. Historically, it has "irritated" some to the point of torture and even genocide. You know...get rid of the source of the problem, and you've no longer got a problem. Etc.

Yeah, those rotten Jews, how dare they, you know, continue along with their own tradition? It just, you know, gets in the way.

And no, I am not a Jew. Or a Christian.

But I know coverups and thuggery when I see them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism