Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I want the Judaism sub-forum to be added and I am...
...a Jew interested in disussions with other Jews 4 17.39%
...interested in posing non-confrontational questions to Jews and learning more about Judaism 19 82.61%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 06:26 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,208,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boycew02 View Post
Definately. I'm not Jewish myself but I am very interested in all religions and religious beliefs and would be very pleased to see a sub-forum specifically for Judaism.
I here by demand a sub-forum for the "Mother of Monotheisms"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 09:23 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,400,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I'd be interested to see if there are any "Jews for Jesus" out there. A guy who wanted to date me long ago told me that's what he was and since I wasn't "into" religion at that time, I tuned out and did not date him. LOL Guess I wasn't looking for money when I was single..he was a psych resident at the time. I've also studied a "philosophy" that most all of mankind originated in what is known as the Middle East and that Christians are "different" because the first pope deliberatly made rules to distinguish those people from the Jews. I'd really be interested in a "Jewish" forum. I may not be a "Jew" but it would not surprise me nor would I be upset to find my roots are Isreali.

LOL, did you want just a "yes" or "no"??
I don't belong to Jews for Jesus, but I'm an ethnic Jew who accepted Christ. I would also want to learn more about Judaism.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:22 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,231,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I don't belong to Jews for Jesus, but I'm an ethnic Jew who accepted Christ. I would also want to learn more about Judaism.
Thank you, max's mama. I would be very interested in how you found Jesus and the effect it has had in your life and with your family.

Admin...is this going to be the forum? Shall we just keep talking?

Old 06-01-2008, 09:28 AM

3,517 posts, read 13,272,108 times
I know a fair amount about Judaism and would be interested in discussions and on the various flavors of Judaism. I am not one, but count some as friends.

Old 06-01-2008, 04:55 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,727,185 times
Not only would I love to learn more about Judaism, I would love to get Gizmo's recipes she promised me last year. I attended a Passover Seder at a friend's synagogue and loved the food. Jewish people know how to eat! I've often considered meeting with a rabbi to better understand the Jewish faith. They are an amazing group of people who I highly respect and admire. Even the ones who live in SF!

Old 06-01-2008, 06:37 PM

17 posts, read 33,419 times
Nice idea but would be very difficult to implement, The missionaries, so called Jews for J, and everyone else with an idea of what Judaism is or should be will have a field day. To work it would require a lot of moderation by knowledgeable people. Without this you won’t see many Jews or much of anything Jewish there. If you do heavy moderate you can expect lots of angry e-mails.

That said there are other sites that do have staffs of knowledgeable people where one can go to learning about Judaism:
AskNoah - The Seven Laws of Noah - Has info for non-Jews, including a moderated forum.
Askmoses.com-Jews Resource on Jewish Religion|Rabbis Answer 24/6 - Has info for Jews, include the ability to speak live with a Torah Scholar.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:40 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,727,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yid613 View Post
Nice idea but would be very difficult to implement, The missionaries, so called Jews for J, and everyone else with an idea of what Judaism is or should be will have a field day. To work it would require a lot of moderation by knowledgeable people. Without this you won’t see many Jews or much of anything Jewish there. If you do heavy moderate you can expect lots of angry e-mails.

That said there are other sites that do have staffs of knowledgeable people where one can go to learning about Judaism:
AskNoah - The Seven Laws of Noah - Has info for non-Jews, including a moderated forum.
Askmoses.com-Jews Resource on Jewish Religion|Rabbis Answer 24/6 - Has info for Jews, include the ability to speak live with a Torah Scholar.
The moderator who said she's take charge of that forum is a Jewish woman from California. Thanks for the links, I will definitely check them out.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:11 PM

252 posts, read 391,642 times
Very interested Non-Hebrew...

Old 06-02-2008, 09:56 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,943,454 times
I changed my screen name to Lior Arel. Think I'd be interested in a Judaism forum?

Old 06-02-2008, 11:16 AM

3,177 posts, read 2,748,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Admin...is this going to be the forum? Shall we just keep talking?
The interest level is a bit lower than I'd like to see before adding this sub-forum. If our traffic continues to increase, however, I will add it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism