Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 05:01 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,594,609 times

Advertisements

A few years ago I had a very unpleasant relationship with a coworker whose desk was right across the aisle from mine. He was one of the strangest people I've ever known and I think he was actually dangerous. He was very much involved with the right wing militia groups. You don't hear quite as much about them today but they're still out there and still active. He was always ranting about how the Jews were controlling our society and making racist remarks whenever I would get into a conversation with him. To give you an idea about how his mind worked there was one year that he had several thousand dollars in income tax returns and he spent all of it on ammunition. On one Saturday when there were just a few of us in the office working overtime we got into a really bad argument about his hateful statements and he finally just got up and left the building. Thankfully he asked to be moved away from me after the weekend and they did move him. I understand that he was eventually fired but I don't know the circumstances although I know he carried a loaded gun in his vehicle which was against company policy. Here's what I don't understand about this whole movement, what is the basic reason for blaming the Jewish people for all of the problems in society and the extreme hatred they have for them? I've never heard a reason that makes any sense. The only thing I can think of is that they are possibly adopting the Nazi philosophy of a master race and seeing everyone else as inferior and by the way this guy was born in Germany and that's his cultural heritage. I've never met anyone else like this before but there's alot of people who think this way and believe me there's no reasoning with them. The Jewish population in America doesn't make up a very large percentage of our population and I don't see them engaging in any behavior that should stir up such hatred. I truly don't understand this phenomenon and I'm wondering what other people might think about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 05:08 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,156,479 times
I've never understood the hatred for Jews in most cases. The only one I can understand is why they hate the Jews in Israel. In my opinion, it takes a high level of provocative arrogance to claim that you're entitled to a piece of land just because alleged events in your scriptures took place there. Not only that, but I'm sure more hatred arises when this point of view is supported by the UN and other nations, some of which send their own troops there to defend it 24/7. I can't think of any other reason people would hate the Jews. That's all I could think of.

Old 08-19-2008, 05:33 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,594,609 times
Haaziq wrote:
Quote:
The only one I can understand is why they hate the Jews in Israel. In my opinion, it takes a high level of provocative arrogance to claim that you're entitled to a piece of land just because alleged events in your scriptures took place there.
I understand what you're saying but after the extermination of unknown numbers of Jews in World War II there was a strong push to create a nation for them. The only problem was that people were already living in that area and they got pushed out and the Middle East has been in turmoil ever since. I understand that there were a few people who considered the idea of just buying a huge piece of real estate in some undeveloped area such as parts of South America and creating a Jewish State there. That would really have made more sense but the religious beliefs were very strong that this piece of real estate belonged to the Jewish people. I don't believe in God and if there was one I don't think he'd be in the real estate business to begin with so I can understand what you're saying but if you look at the history of any nation in the world you'll see that the migrations of people around the world have resulted in newcomers pushing out people who were already living there and that would include America. I think Israel has the right to exist like any other nation but after a half century of fighting things aren't looking any better today than they did when Israel was established. My basic point of view is that the hatred of the Jewish people is not justified in any way.

Old 08-19-2008, 05:37 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,156,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Haaziq wrote:

I understand what you're saying but after the extermination of unknown numbers of Jews in World War II there was a strong push to create a nation for them. The only problem was that people were already living in that area and they got pushed out and the Middle East has been in turmoil ever since. I understand that there were a few people who considered the idea of just buying a huge piece of real estate in some undeveloped area such as parts of South America and creating a Jewish State there. That would really have made more sense but the religious beliefs were very strong that this piece of real estate belonged to the Jewish people. I don't believe in God and if there was one I don't think he'd be in the real estate business to begin with so I can understand what you're saying but if you look at the history of any nation in the world you'll see that the migrations of people around the world have resulted in newcomers pushing out people who were already living there and that would include America. I think Israel has the right to exist like any other nation but after a half century of fighting things aren't looking any better today than they did when Israel was established. My basic point of view is that the hatred of the Jewish people is not justified in any way.
It really isn't a big issue for me one way or the other. I was just giving my opinion on it and why it may create tension. I have no hate towards any group.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:48 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,662,860 times
Lightbulb Why Do The Militia And Other Extremist Groups Hate The Jews So Much?

Because they're jealous.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:39 PM

733 posts, read 4,647,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
Because they're jealous.
Because they're just plain nuts.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:09 PM

51 posts, read 83,889 times
Default Just more Food for Thought

Quote:
A few years ago I had a very unpleasant relationship with a coworker whose desk was right across the aisle from mine. He was one of the strangest people I've ever known and I think he was actually dangerous. He was very much involved with the right wing militia groups. You don't hear quite as much about them today but they're still out there and still active. He was always ranting about how the Jews were controlling our society and making racist remarks whenever I would get into a conversation with him. To give you an idea about how his mind worked there was one year that he had several thousand dollars in income tax returns and he spent all of it on ammunition. On one Saturday when there were just a few of us in the office working overtime we got into a really bad argument about his hateful statements and he finally just got up and left the building. Thankfully he asked to be moved away from me after the weekend and they did move him. I understand that he was eventually fired but I don't know the circumstances although I know he carried a loaded gun in his vehicle which was against company policy. Here's what I don't understand about this whole movement, what is the basic reason for blaming the Jewish people for all of the problems in society and the extreme hatred they have for them? I've never heard a reason that makes any sense. The only thing I can think of is that they are possibly adopting the Nazi philosophy of a master race and seeing everyone else as inferior and by the way this guy was born in Germany and that's his cultural heritage. I've never met anyone else like this before but there's alot of people who think this way and believe me there's no reasoning with them. The Jewish population in America doesn't make up a very large percentage of our population and I don't see them engaging in any behavior that should stir up such hatred. I truly don't understand this phenomenon and I'm wondering what other people might think about it.
With such an odd encounter with this person my first impression was your guess of "Nazi Philosophy of a Master Race". I was basically raised to believe that Jews were pushy, rude, arrogant, cheap, and so on and so on. As I grew up, my experiences with the few Jewish people I came into contact with was pretty much the above. You would be surprised of the people that have a problem with Jewish people. I live in an area where the Jewish Community is quite dominant at least 6 or so months out of the year.
LATER, When I became an adult, mother, and career....wouldn't you know that my career is mostly interacting with the Jewish Community. Of Course they are no different than any other . Some of the most caring people I've ever known in my life, and left such an impression on me are Jewish. Mostly elders. They do seem to have a nack for business and finances. But I have also found, at least in this Town, that all nationalities have good, bad and ugly alike. The reason I went into all of this detail, is that I'm still surprised to this day, the amount of people that snarl at the word "Jew". The one's that usually snarl are usually over 60. It just goes to show you that when that generation dies off, I'm very curious to see how the next generations react with each other at that age.

I have noticed that a lot of it has to do with the differences of religous opinions.

My point....FEAR. If you look back in history, most judgement, hatred, wars, prejudice against one's color etc., boils down to fear of he unknown for another man's "outside" and then belief system. Fear of the unknown, causes hatred because it's safer to avoid than to interact.

I even wonder if there was no internet for instance, put all of us in a room with each other. It may not be as easy as typing and then submit....our appearances may scare one another before we talked to one another which would lead to judgement.

Old 08-20-2008, 02:16 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,954,606 times
Quote:
The reason certain people and groups hate the Jews so much, is because of something most people have never considered. And it is a spiritual reason. For those of us who believe in a personal Devil, a being that has opposed God from the very beginning. We understand, that this being must know, that if the small number of the Jews in the world could be eliminated. The Bible itself would become nul and void. Without Jews in the world, it would become impossible for the endtime prophecies of the Bible to be fulfilled. If those prophecies could be stopped, the Devil would effectively receive a free get of jail card. Hitlers obsecison with the elimination of the Jewish race, was attempt by that being to do just that. The Jews are no different than anyone else. Yet so much hate is directed at them. The hate in the world directed at the Jewish people makes little sense, unless you can see it from a spiritual perspective.

Old 08-20-2008, 02:59 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,204,399 times
My theory is that for many centuries the Jews had always been outsiders because they were kicked out of Israel back in the day when there still was a Roman Empire.

Extremists hate everything foreign so hating Jews comes naturally.
The difference between the Jews and other outsiders is that Jews generally are educated and thus they have a greater chance to succeed in business.
And to many people the fact that the Jews generally are successful ‘outsiders’ makes them even more hated by nationalists.

Old 08-20-2008, 03:09 AM

689 posts, read 547,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The reason certain people and groups hate the Jews so much, is because of something most people have never considered. And it is a spiritual reason. For those of us who believe in a personal Devil, a being that has opposed God from the very beginning. We understand, that this being must know, that if the small number of the Jews in the world could be eliminated. The Bible itself would become nul and void. Without Jews in the world, it would become impossible for the endtime prophecies of the Bible to be fulfilled. If those prophecies could be stopped, the Devil would effectively receive a free get of jail card. Hitlers obsecison with the elimination of the Jewish race, was attempt by that being to do just that. The Jews are no different than anyone else. Yet so much hate is directed at them. The hate in the world directed at the Jewish people makes little sense, unless you can see it from a spiritual perspective.
Very good insight, sir.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism