Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 03:28 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,479,280 times

Advertisements

It seems like anytime a conversation starts up that is worth having, it gets locked by a moderator. For example, the last thread started as "Do any Jews want to talk about Jewish stuff? And it got locked for going OT. This happens more often in this forum than any other one I visit. It's like we're not allowed to talk. I don't get it.

Old 11-07-2013, 03:36 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,209,482 times
We are not allowed to discuss moderators actions per TOS

Old 11-07-2013, 03:37 AM

Okay, so the moderator can delete this and I'll send a DM.

Old 11-07-2013, 03:51 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,767,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegotty View Post
It seems like anytime a conversation starts up that is worth having, it gets locked by a moderator. For example, the last thread started as "Do any Jews want to talk about Jewish stuff? And it got locked for going OT. This happens more often in this forum than any other one I visit. It's like we're not allowed to talk. I don't get it.

As long as we stay On Topic it will not get closed or deleted. The problems start when it leaves the discussion or debate mode and becomes personal attacks. People need to keep in mind that this is the Judaism forum and is open to all forms of it.

Old 11-07-2013, 04:01 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,209,482 times
As a gentile Christian, since I rarely visit this subforum, I just want to say that I love and respect God's chosen people. God bless and protect you.

Old 11-07-2013, 04:05 AM

Just look at my thread. Its informational only and not open to discussion per agreements with the Mods. It has never had a post deleted.

Old 11-07-2013, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
As long as we stay On Topic it will not get closed or deleted. The problems start when it leaves the discussion or debate mode and becomes personal attacks. People need to keep in mind that this is the Judaism forum and is open to all forms of it.
Yes, I have seen that happens sometimes. But there are other times when it just seemed like a normal conversation and still gets locked. I feel like we have so many differences and we do bicker so much that the times when we start to attain some common ground we don't have the opportunity to push all the way through. I guess it's hard to tell sometimes, though.

I don't know if this conversation is against the TOS or not. I am not talking about any particular moderator, just a general observation trying to figure out why so many threads get locked in this particular forum. I just went and looked at all the other religion forums. NONE of them had a thread lock on the first page of topics, except ONE in the athiest forum. Here in the Judaism forum we have FIVE locked threads. I'm not imagining this.

Old 11-07-2013, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegotty View Post
Yes, I have seen that happens sometimes. But there are other times when it just seemed like a normal conversation and still gets locked. I feel like we have so many differences and we do bicker so much that the times when we start to attain some common ground we don't have the opportunity to push all the way through. I guess it's hard to tell sometimes, though.
Bickering is not the issue. Bickering is considered normal in Judaism culture. Just go to Israel and you'd see conversations get pretty loud and emotional and that is normal. Both sides know what line not to cross and stay on the topic. The problem here in this forum is that we have two people who cross that line and within days that thread gets closed down.

Old 11-07-2013, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Bickering is not the issue. Bickering is considered normal in Judaism culture. Just go to Israel and you'd see conversations get pretty loud and emotional and that is normal. Both sides know what line not to cross and stay on the topic. The problem here in this forum is that we have two people who cross that line and within days that thread gets closed down.
Well, you guys need to learn how to get along. Getting the threads shut down is not helping anyone else in this forum who is here to learn.

Old 11-07-2013, 04:55 AM

1,791 posts, read 1,867,390 times
Quote:
The problem here in this forum is that we have two people who cross that line and within days that thread gets closed down.
Oh, there's more than just two who cross that line.

It seems that, collectively, we can't figure out how to behave properly on this board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism