Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 07:57 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,153,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
By the way,racism comes from all religious groups and people of all shapes and colors.
Yeahy, pretty much my point....with my sarcastic response.

Glad to see you're on the ball.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:58 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,153,438 times
Quote:
Get back to me when you find where I said ALL! I guess that dried up 5600 year old paper was so bad that it was copied and became the new testament.It must really be bad.
All good fiction is plagerized and recycled.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:28 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,980,527 times
Quote:
Usually there is a reason behind every form of hate based on color or differences in religion,etc...
You seem to think that hatred can be tied to some sort of rational thought......that there must be a reason. The ONLY reasons that explain hatred for a population or group is because of fear and ignorance.

And before people jump on me for challenging the Muslims on this forum, my response to them has nothing to do with either fear or ignorance. It has to do their their proclamation of truth and peace when their faith is both deceitful and violent.......and no one should be allowed to proselytize based on lies......or at least to let them proselytize unchallenged.

But hatred of Jews, hatred of blacks, hatred of asians, hatred of hispanics, hatred of anglos, hatred of germans, even hatred of muslims is a result of fear and ignorance. FWIW, it is best that you don't hate your enemy. It clouds your judgment and encourages you to make mistakes.......and that can keep you from killing them efficiently when you need to.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:49 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,141,481 times
My own personal opinion is to give everyone a shot. I personally think religion is the culprit for most wars and hatred of others. NMyTree said it well about the good books. I too think that if the testaments are supposed to be the word of a supreme being,then why didn't he write them himself or shoot the fireballs like in the ten commandments. Have we heard about the grapevine theory? It starts and by the time it reaches the end,the original sentence has changed. Who's to say that whoever wrote the books didn't put their preferences in there?

Old 01-13-2010, 10:45 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,395,985 times
It started with St. Augustine's book "The City of God," written in what the fourth century, as an apologist for Constitine's combination of the very small Christ cult with Mithraism to form a religion-based army to re-conquer Rome.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:46 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,092,439 times
I s r a e l i Foreign Policy =P

Old 01-14-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
I s r a e l i Foreign Policy =P
It's not their foreign policy but their dealings with the Palestinians that is an issue and the hatred started a long time before this.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:52 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times
Quote:
People still have such hatred for jewish people and some even blame them for the death of Jesus when it has been proven that the Romans actually did it. So why does a stamp on a birth certificate condemn many as the killers of Christ? Is every baby born from German parents,a nazi?
NO!! I am half German. I lost half my German relatives in the camp. My grandmother was in a camp for helping the Jewish people. She had many friends and was loved. I have many Jewish friends, many from the families she helped. On a side note, I dont follow any of the Bible BS, I condemn no one.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
NO!! I am half German. I lost half my German relatives in the camp. My grandmother was in a camp for helping the Jewish people. She had many friends and was loved. I have many Jewish friends, many from the families she helped. On a side note, I dont follow any of the Bible BS, I condemn no one.
This was a rhetorical question.Obviously I never claimed it about all german people and if you read further down it states how I give everyone no matter what their background a fair shot. FYI, 11 people from my family perished in the holocaust that I know of,maybe more.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:42 PM

217 posts, read 692,809 times
Quote:
People still have such hatred for jewish people and some even blame them for the death of Jesus when it has been proven that the Romans actually did it. So why does a stamp on a birth certificate condemn many as the killers of Christ? Is every baby born from German parents,a nazi?
jews accept the fact that they killed jesus....its way deeper than that..now i have nothing against the pious jew who on a spirtual level...
but the zionist jews who have took over palestinian land without just cause, are the reasons for alot of the worlds problems..im sure many of you christians have never read the jewish talmuud..i challenge those with a true interest in learning to read this book and see the opinion that many jews have on "gentiles" theres a very small segment of powerful jews who believe in the dominion raining over all non jew "gentile" nations, the literature is in their own scripture, things like how they dont have to keep thier word with "gentiles" and the"kol nipe" prayer which asks for forgivness of broken deals and promises ahead of time. this is why during and before the roman times, jews were known as shdy business men..simply because some of them believe they dont have to keep covenants with are kind, and that their out only for the welfare of jews...persoanlly though my dig is with the european jews who have no true lineage to the semitic speaking languages of judea who in 1948 expelled many true semitic arabs off their indeginous land. this is a modern day colinization effort that america has been behind..its totally unjust and is actually illegal.how can a religion become a nation, unto itself, when the adherents come from all diffrent backrounds ethnicties, and cultures...you have jews from eastern europe, yemen, jordan, syria, ethiopia, all the way to as far as china..jewish is not a race, its name given to the semetic tribes of israel by the greeks, for the ones who worshipped the israelite god yahweh..and the whole grounds of the argument that they are infact a race is perposterous... if a jew decides he wants to get baptized tommorow, at a church what whould he be half jewish half christian...you cant be both at the sametime....

at the sametime there are pious who also are against this state of israel and different correspondance in the talmuudic scripture...but as alwats the poor righteously guided brothers and sisters are never in the seat of power...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism