Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are the Jews a nation of blood,of faith or of a culture...
A nation of blood 6 17.14%
A nation of faith 5 14.29%
A nation of a culture 0 0%
A nation of blood & faith 8 22.86%
A nation of faith & culture... 16 45.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 07:39 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
U accept the concept that a person can be a Jew without having Jewish blood,which for me - if I were a Jew - would be unacceptable,bordering treason...
I don't think you understand; there's no such thing as "Jewish blood," since Judaism is a religion and not an ethnicity. Given this fact, I point out to you that there wasn't anything even remotely unacceptable or treasonous in Dusty's posting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 07:42 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,823 times
Jews share a religion, we share a history, we do not share blood...... Jews are black, white, asian, Indian, hispanic, middle eastern, etc. We live all over the world and we speak many languages. We are born into Judaism and we come to Judaism by choice. We are all a part of Judaism. Judaism has a place for those who want to come to Judaism but we don't proselytize.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:36 AM

2,574 posts, read 2,488,111 times
Well,to me,a real Jew is a descendant of the original 12 tribes of Israel...

Now,with all the persecution throughout history,the Jews are obliged to consider sefardites,but eventually the original gene pool is diluted...

In USA,I haven't seen any black or Indian or Asian "Jew " to succeed in business & science...
Most of the top Jews look like "biblical " Jews...

The dilution of the gene pool is to me a genetic "Holocaust"...

Old 02-05-2010, 10:42 AM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,507 times
Quote:
Well,it is not a popular thread anyway,so...
harrymiafl ! ... Yes it's a great topic for discussion and deserves to be right here on CDF !

Vastly intriguing subject matter indeed and harrymiafl provides us with an excellent opportunity via open discussion to obtain a general sampling of
opinion regarding "Jewish Folks" !

Even our good moderators should provide some input on this subject.

Perhaps some enlightened soul's on this forum could provide some input ... rather some historical insight regarding the multi -thousands of years of unprecedented "Hatred" that so much of the Middle Eastern World and European World has directed with a vengeance towards the tiny nation of Israel and it's people ... it appears wherever they are living in these areas.

Even to this day the "Hatred" exists at perhaps an even greater level than before. There must be more accurate and revealing reason for al this absolutely violent hatred towards the Jews!

Perhaps someone on CDF would offer some words of wisdom in reference to this troubling question ???

The Palestinian people are a case in point, the German People during the late 1930's through WW11, Syria, Iraq, Iran, perhaps Saudi Arabia Ie's are all prime examples of ever festering and fomenting hatred for the Jewish people ... There has to be a more distinct, a more logical reason for an all consumming hatred of this magnitude to be ongoing for over 6,000 years!

Think about it ... it's mind boggling is it not ???

I sincerely don't believe that the explaination can be glossed over by stating that it's simply religious hatred that has been kept in tact for these many centuries... it has to be more than this.

The Palestinian people are a good object lesson also ... They continue unabated to valiantly strive for the establishment of a homeland and yet
we are all witness to the apparent heartbreaking failures that have befallen them ... Is this also an example of Jewish "Hatred " which provides the greatest deterrent to the Palestinian People's dream of a "Homeland" ?

It appears my friends that the Jewish folks are indeed greatly hated by so very much of the world's people and for so damn long ... Why? Whats the real reason ?

My intention is not to offend anyone on CDF. I simply seek to enhance harrymiafl's dynamic topic for discussion . Thanks / Lamar

Old 02-05-2010, 11:06 AM

This comment is more appropriate in my other thread about antisemitism...

Anyway,the antisemitic hate is easily explainable...

Territorial + economic...

An intruder enters your land,has a different faith & makes more money than u...

So simple..

If the "intruders" are Philippino maids ,of the same faith ,who remain poor & obedient,
they don't create "anti - philippinism "...

If the Jews,in a ...sci fi movie became christians & were poor & powerless ,there would be no antisemitism...

Old 02-05-2010, 11:25 AM

15,863 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:

Now,with all the persecution throughout history,the Jews are obliged to consider sefardites,but eventually the original gene pool is diluted...

In USA,I haven't seen any black or Indian or Asian "Jew " to succeed in business & science...

It's a good thing you're not Jewish and have no say as to who we consider one of our own. You've been consistently wrong in your assumptions and this one takes the cake.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:16 PM

No,I have a say & everybody has a say for everybody...

If some Jews expose & defame Judaism,then a...pro-semitic goy,like me, has a moral obligation to condemn that...

U have no idea how your "ancestral land " case is weakened,when u accept converts...

Do they have ...hereditary rights in Israel...? No,only descendants of the original-12 have...

And descendants of ancient Philisteens,not other kind of Arabs...

Jews are always under attack,they must always make the right arguments...

What can a blacK/Asian/Indian/Eskimo ... "Jew " claim about Israel...?

Old 02-05-2010, 12:47 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,823 times
Quote:

Well Harry you are wrong! I think that this thread needs to be closed by a moderator.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:51 PM

3 posts, read 6,127 times
yea , and remember when jazzy mom slandard the brethren?

Old 02-05-2010, 01:36 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,137,017 times
Quote:

Wow. That's some really poor scholarship there. Not to mention idiotic. As a Jew, and in view of the Holocaust, I'm not sure there are too many Jews out there trying to "purify" Jewish blood. Patently offensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism