U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2007, 08:02 AM

3 posts, read 8,769 times

Advertisements

Any nurses here? I am an RN and I will be looking for a job in liberty. I know there's a hospital in liberty and doctors bldg next to it. Can anyone tell me what the working environment is like in either places? I like oncology, but I don't know what area I'll be getting into. I know hospital's like to fill whatever spots they have open, I may not be able to work in an area that I want. Relocating to liberty area in couple months. Any advice would be very appreciated. Are there any clinics that would be good to work at?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2007, 08:30 PM

3 posts, read 14,223 times
Default R.N. here too

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrass girl View Post
Any nurses here? I am an RN and I will be looking for a job in liberty. I know there's a hospital in liberty and doctors bldg next to it. Can anyone tell me what the working environment is like in either places? I like oncology, but I don't know what area I'll be getting into. I know hospital's like to fill whatever spots they have open, I may not be able to work in an area that I want. Relocating to liberty area in couple months. Any advice would be very appreciated. Are there any clinics that would be good to work at?
Sorry can't help you much about Liberty. It is a small town though without much activity. There is a brand new hospital in Independence which is very close to Liberty called CentrePoint. Many positions are open right now and Indpendence is a great town to live in. Best wishes to you.
punz

Old 07-25-2007, 07:39 PM

20 posts, read 76,837 times
Default Might try home health care

If you are an RN you might consider doing home health care.. big need for that in this area and you make as much or more than you do in the hospitals without a lot of the bs that goes on there.

Another place that I would recommend is the Children's mercy or VA hospitals they are always looking for RN's

Old 07-27-2007, 06:27 AM

60 posts, read 213,571 times
I'd stay away from CenterPoint as well as any other HCA hospital in the area. Since HCA took them over it's been a change for the worse. The hospitals look nice but they treat their employees like dirt. CenterPoint is understaffed, overworked, and underpaid. They've lost about 180 employees since the doors opened a couple months ago. It's a shame because they shut down two hospitals that had about 450 beds total and cut them down to 254. It is truly a FOR-PROFIT organization and the profit lines the pockets of the CEOs. Their are about 630 openings in the HCA system here that are posted and they are the lowest paying also. You could try North Kansas City Hospital or Liberty, but my suggestion is to run when it comes to an HCA. Childrens Mercy is a great place with great benefits and people to work with. The wages far exceed those of any HCA hospital.

Old 07-28-2007, 08:58 PM

75 posts, read 339,235 times
I have a friend that recently switched from Centrepoint to the new hospital in Lee's Summit. I don't know if it was so much for the pay as it was for a better working enviroment than in Independence. Sorry, still not helping you in regards to your Liberty question..... Good luck w/ it all! Hope you find something you enjoy!

Old 07-29-2007, 01:02 PM

359 posts, read 1,777,611 times
Hi there, I am an RN and have worked several different places in the KC area. I do not know much about Libery, however. I did take ACLS up there once. The hospital seemed fairly progressive but I can't say for sure with a one-time impression.
The best working environment I was exposed too personally was St Luke's on the Plaza. At the time, (several years ago) they had a clinical ladder for professional advancement. Also, nurses' opinions and advice were taken into consideration when a floor was remodeled. Emphasis on patient education was fantastic with many rescources available to help you help the patient and family. St Lukes has a satellite in the North, but I am not sure where it is. Good luck in your search

Old 07-31-2007, 06:57 PM

14 posts, read 79,633 times
I know this is not LIberty, but I highly recommend St. Lukes (in general), specifically the one on the Plaza (they are very state of the art... and while I've never worked there, I spent LOTS of time down there... and the compassion these people have amaze me... I can only imagine the work environment helps to produce compassionate happy people).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City