Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2010, 02:35 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,010,918 times

Advertisements

Keep in mind I live in Wichita and even with all my complaints, I love Kansas... But am i as a Kansan supposed to be happy a poorly run company (Hawker Beechcraft) thats laid off thousands the last few years got paid upwards of $35 million by our state to stay in Wichita and Kansas? This seems a bit backwards to me and is another reason I am tiring of the same old system in terms of politics and business. When are we going to wake up to the fact this IS NOT condusive for the long run and is like putting a band aid on a broken leg?

What makes this more crazy is that Kansas is supposed to be a conservative state where the government stays OUT of our business in principle.. What on earth is this? Im not condoning any other states or governments to do this too fyi.

Hawker To Remain In Wichita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 02:48 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,628,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
What makes this more crazy is that Kansas is supposed to be a conservative state where the government stays OUT of our business in principle.
That's what being a conservative is, but sadly it's not what the Republican party is anymore. I grew up in a Republican family and as stalwart a party voter as my father was, I am convinced that were he alive he would be as disenfranchised with the party as I am.

Old 12-21-2010, 02:54 PM

1,145 posts, read 2,465,079 times
Where is my tax break? Just think what we could stimulate in terms of small business if we didn't have to pay taxes for a whole year.

Old 12-21-2010, 04:34 PM

26,420 posts, read 46,591,155 times
Kansas is NOT a conservative state at all in the traditional meaning of the word. Kansas is very fiscally liberal as we all know. The neoconservative and social conservative elements are not ideals that the old Republican party stood for either. NH is one of the few states that is truly fiscally conservative where elected reps are not career politicians, and are paid a small pittance. A libertarian streak leads to social moderation that allows for personal freedoms on social issues. NH will always be one of my favorite states...

Old 12-22-2010, 07:39 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,628,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew1000 View Post
Where is my tax break? Just think what we could stimulate in terms of small business if we didn't have to pay taxes for a whole year.
You're in very well respected company for thinking so:
Nouriel Roubini - What America needs is a payroll tax cut

For anyone who doesn't know who Nouriel Roubini is, he's the fellow who was nicknamed "Dr. Doom" because he ran around warning anyone who would listen about the impending housing crash ... in 2006

Old 12-22-2010, 09:59 AM

1,145 posts, read 2,465,079 times
I like Peter Schiff who is very similar

Old 12-22-2010, 01:56 PM

414 posts, read 884,817 times
Corporate Welfare = standard operating procedure for Democrats and Republicans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
View detailed profiles of: