Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 11:38 AM

42 posts, read 185,704 times

Advertisements

There is a bus, and it leaves Johnson County Community College and goes to the KU campus and back, and it's available for anyone who wants to get over to KU--just don't miss the return route. Look up the "JO" and Johnson County and Kansas and bus or something like that for the schedule. The commute is okay unless there is snow and ice. I would say about 45 minutes, but you then have to park (requires a permit) and walk to class. The bus could be a really good alternative to all that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2011, 12:38 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,886,188 times
You know, I posted this in the second post, does anybody read my posts? Probably not .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Part of the college experience is living on or near campus. Commuting to a major campus like KU would really change that experience, but maybe if your cousin is "running wild" it might keep him out of trouble.

I think it's totally doable. You will go against the traffic on K-10 and it's not any longer of a drive them most people's daily commutes.

Also, there is pretty good bus transportation between JoCo and Lawrence, so he could save even more money by taking the bus back and forth.

Johnson County Transit - The JO (http://www.thejo.com/Routes/K10.shtml - broken link)

He could also take some classes that might be offered at the Edwards campus in JoCo.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:55 PM

5,765 posts, read 10,999,253 times
I know lots of people that not only commute to JoCo but also the Missouri side and while it takes a chunk of time, it is feasible if living in Lawrence is worth it to some people. If I had to live anywhere in Kansas, it would be Lawrence. It is an awesome little city and one of the jewels of the midwest IMO.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:35 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,256,669 times
Definitely. I went back to KU and took some classes in 2005/2006. I live in Prairie Village and it took me 45 minutes from my house to the parking lot across from Allen Fieldhouse. Lenexa or Olathe would be even closer to 435/K10. Also, he K10 Connector is a bus that runs from Johnson County Community College to KU - so he could park at JCCC and catch the bus to KU if he wanted to. Another option, depending on what he wants to major in, would be the KU Edwards Campus in Overland Park. They have a 2+2 program (istart2finish.org) where he could take two years at JCCC and then two years at the Edwards Campus to graduate.

Old 01-16-2011, 11:59 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Definitely. I went back to KU and took some classes in 2005/2006. I live in Prairie Village and it took me 45 minutes from my house to the parking lot across from Allen Fieldhouse. Lenexa or Olathe would be even closer to 435/K10. Also, he K10 Connector is a bus that runs from Johnson County Community College to KU - so he could park at JCCC and catch the bus to KU if he wanted to. Another option, depending on what he wants to major in, would be the KU Edwards Campus in Overland Park. They have a 2+2 program (istart2finish.org) where he could take two years at JCCC and then two years at the Edwards Campus to graduate.
Hey neighbor! Dang, you drive fast! It takes me 15 min. just to get to I-435 from the P.V. area! I count on another 10-15 from the time I hit the first stoplight on K-10 in East Lawrence to a campus parking lot. That doesn't leave much in your 45 min. for the "in-between" drive.

Old 01-16-2011, 01:54 PM

6,816 posts, read 11,542,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Hey neighbor! Dang, you drive fast!
I always thought the "unofficial" speed limit on K-10 was somewhere around 85. Or at least that's what it has always seemed to me.

Old 01-16-2011, 02:29 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
I always thought the "unofficial" speed limit on K-10 was somewhere around 85. Or at least that's what it has always seemed to me.
Unfortunately that explains some of the deadly wrecks on K-10 between Lenexa and the K-7 ramp. That was ok back when K-10 was opened but 25+ years later it is too congested to be safe with such speed during normal commuting hours. A neighbor/friend was killed in that stretch a few years back because someone thought that was the speed limit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City