U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2017, 07:21 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,418,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearjas View Post
Think you'd find any ghosts around the Square?
The Ghosts of Summers Past?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2017, 07:27 PM

396 posts, read 250,916 times
Many, many years ago I was the "director" (chief cook and bottle washer, not to mention landscape crew and and janitor) of the Jail Museum. In addition to the second floor bedrooms, there was a big attic space where the collections were stored (can't remember if it was on the same floor or above the bedrooms). Lots of space for a ghost to bang around--or maybe it was supposed to haunt the jail cells? I was often there alone and never heard anything, alas. Plenty of ghosts haunting the Square, I'd imagine!

Quote:
Think you'd find any ghosts around the Square?

Old 08-27-2017, 09:33 PM

223 posts, read 224,072 times
You all Haven't heard about the Courthouse Exchange ghost?!

Old 08-28-2017, 01:34 PM

3,279 posts, read 3,063,789 times
Quote:
You all Haven't heard about the Courthouse Exchange ghost?!
Nope. Is he named J. C. Penney?

Old 08-28-2017, 02:53 PM

4,711 posts, read 5,182,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Anthonie View Post
Nope. Is he named J. C. Penney?

The last time I was in Independence, I asked a couple waitresses about the ghost. One was taken aback and said she had not been working there very long and was not aware of a ghost. The other had been working there for some time and said she had never seen or heard him, her, them.

Old 08-29-2017, 05:25 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LQ_kVBCfcA

This video on youtube concerns the Courthouse Exchange ghosts. There is apparently more than one.

The video narration is regularly washed out by the music.

Old 08-29-2017, 05:29 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i5oAV6QAxc

the Jackson County Jail (Independence) ghosts.

Old 08-29-2017, 05:31 PM

Haunted Places in Independence, Missouri

The haunted places in Independence.

Old 08-30-2017, 12:57 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,418,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCHS'59 View Post
Haunted Places in Independence, Missouri

The haunted places in Independence.
First I've heard of these haunted places. There was an old abandoned farmhouse near our development that we kids thought was creepy, if not haunted. On Noland Rd about where the RR overpass is, probably around 5500. I think we can see it on one of the aerial photos posted by MAD, the earlier year (was it 1960?)

There also was a haunt along hilly Rickey Rd further south off Noland, which I believe has been discussed here before.

Another place I recall was the old TB Hospital along Raytown Rd out towards Leeds. Legend had it that some kids were slowly driving up the roadway to explore, and the headlights hit a busted out window up high, waving them to "come on in"

{{Shivers}}

Old 08-30-2017, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRG Dallas View Post
First I've heard of these haunted places. There was an old abandoned farmhouse near our development that we kids thought was creepy, if not haunted. On Noland Rd about where the RR overpass is, probably around 5500. I think we can see it on one of the aerial photos posted by MAD, the earlier year (was it 1960?)

There also was a haunt along hilly Rickey Rd further south off Noland, which I believe has been discussed here before.

Another place I recall was the old TB Hospital along Raytown Rd out towards Leeds. Legend had it that some kids were slowly driving up the roadway to explore, and the headlights hit a busted out window up high, waving them to "come on in"

{{Shivers}}
The one I had to chuckle about was the "Lady in Gray" appearing on Noland Road from around Pacific Ave to Sea Ave. I had never heard of that one before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City